Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 10:11:12 PM EDT
Looking online it seems the sizing chart for the Condor Summit soft shell jacket is a tad off. It would seem that the 2X and 3X jackets would hang off my 6'3" frame like a poncho, but everyone seems to suggest buying a size up from what you'd normally wear. My jackets are usually a size 2X or 1X depending on what country they're made in. I need these sizes since my shoulders are broad, but it also allows me to layer underneath.

I'm just not sure what size to buy. I'd guess the 2X, but then a good majority of my coats are 2X. If you own one can you let me know if you went a size up?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:41:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Go onto condor's website and get the actual sizing chart for the jacket. It has the measurements to check against. Definitely do not buy a size up. After checking their dimensions I'm glad I didnt.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:32:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I am 6'3 240 and I wear a 3X Summit. Arms fit great and length is enough that if you were wearing a war belt, you would be able to get to all of your gear without a problem and not have a lot of bunching at your waist. You should also be able to layer up with no problem, very comfortable.

2x might be fine if you like your jackets fitted tight to you...personally not a fan of that. I wish Condor made a regular and a long length.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:11:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll order a 3X for layering and length and if it seems too big I'll return it for a 2X.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:34:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up my second one recently and found the sizing is smaller than what it used to be.  My old XL is roomier and the new XL is snug.   I'm 6"01 225.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm 5'10" 220lbs and the XL Condor fits me without a lot of room for layering. I've worn it for about 4yrs with all good results. I just picked up a 5.11 Sabre 2.0 in XL and the fit is much roomier. HTH
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm 6'2", 215 and wear an XL. It fits a tshirt and 1/4 zip fleece comfortably underneath.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm 5'10" 190 lbs.  I got a L.  Fits great with layering of a fleece which I rarely use.  But as stand alone, a M would have been fine which I prefer.  Like other have said, they are one size bigger.  I would say, depends on the build of your body.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top