Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 12:11:53 PM EDT
Hello! First post here. Came by search on Google for the Condor jacket review.

I've been doing research about this jacket for a few weeks. Local shop has Rothco version and the smallest size they stock iz "M", which is big for me. I wear t-shirts and sweaters in size "M", but this was too big all around: shoulders, sleeves, chest, waist. Price difference between Rothco and Condor is around 12 euros, so I'll go definitely for Condor, cause of YKK zippers, stormflap on main zipper, slightly larger chest pocket openings...

My measures, taken with zip-hooded sweatshirt are:

height: 178 cm (5 ft 10.08 in)
shoulders (bone to bone): 42 cm (16.5 in)
chest circumference: 91 cm (36 in)
weight: 65 kg (140 lbs)

I wear trousers W32/L32 (Tru-Spec 24-7), and various BDUs and tactical trousers in size "M". I own Alpha M65 jacket in size "M", which is a bit roomy, as well as Alpha ECWCS NYCO field jacket in size "M", also a bit roomy, especially in the chest area.

Could anybody recommend what size Condor Summit 602 jacket is appropriate for me? I'll use it casually, with wool sweater or thicker hooded sweatshirt.

Thank you in advance!

Strmo
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello! First post here. Came by search on Google for the Condor jacket review.

I've been doing research about this jacket for a few weeks. Local shop has Rothco version and the smallest size they stock iz "M", which is big for me. I wear t-shirts and sweaters in size "M", but this was too big all around: shoulders, sleeves, chest, waist. Price difference between Rothco and Condor is around 12 euros, so I'll go definitely for Condor, cause of YKK zippers, stormflap on main zipper, slightly larger chest pocket openings...

My measures, taken with zip-hooded sweatshirt are:

height: 178 cm (5 ft 10.08 in)
shoulders (bone to bone): 42 cm (16.5 in)
chest circumference: 91 cm (36 in)
weight: 65 kg (140 lbs)

I wear trousers W32/L32 (Tru-Spec 24-7), and various BDUs and tactical trousers in size "M". I own Alpha M65 jacket in size "M", which is a bit roomy, as well as Alpha ECWCS NYCO field jacket in size "M", also a bit roomy, especially in the chest area.

Could anybody recommend what size Condor Summit 602 jacket is appropriate for me? I'll use it casually, with wool sweater or thicker hooded sweatshirt.

Thank you in advance!

Strmo
View Quote

Condor is a more athletic fit. I would say get a medium.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
For the Condor jackets, can anyone verify that the only difference between the 602 and 606 is the attached/stow-away hood in the collar?  I'm going to buy an XL in I THINK the 606 to wear when it's not cold-cold this winter but want to make sure I have the specs down right.  I tried on a 602 but that collar is pretty damn annoying.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I can tell you I wear medium BDU (and similar) tops, but my condor phantom is a large and it fits perfect. Also check LA police gear, they have good prices on this stuff.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The jacket arrived after almost 4 weeks in transport, customs...

I bought Coyote tan version, M size.

It fits quite nicely. Not too snug, not too roomy in chest area cause I'm on the skinnier side, but with a sweatshirt underneath - top notch, realy nicely snug. Arm pits are quite nice, size-wise. Now that I have jacket in my possession, I can say that an S sized one would be too small for me, cause of sleeve length and overall too snug feeling. This one in M size is snug, but not obstructive, if you know what I mean. Waist length is also proper. I can reach for all of EDC belt and trouser accessories with no problem.

The version that came is the one with "in color" hook and loop "tighteners" on the sleeves, with "Condor" logo, all zippers are YKK (main zipper and front slash pockets have "Condor" logo tab, and sleeve pockets, arm pit zippers and back pocket have that nylon belty tab, not cord; the only cord tab is on the hood zipper, and that one is not YKK), back pocket zippers are "hidden" in a seam, not the version with openings that are "visible".

To round things up: I am very pleased with this Condor jacket. I compared it to Rothco version. This is a bit superior (craftsmanship, zippers, truer to size fit, nicer zipper tabs, snug, athletic fit...) And it costs the same, even though I had to order it from USA, with all shipping charges and customs import taxes.

Strmo
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:05:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice, great jacket and you made a solid choice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top