Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2014 11:39:43 PM EDT
I am wanting to know how this set up feels especially with the occ dial of the opscore helmets
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, I know you asked specifically about ballistic helmets, but I have an ops core base jump that I occasionally use with my behind the neck version Sordins.  The rear straps obviously have to go over the neckband, but on mine the OCC dial doesn't come down far enough to interfere.  So that shouldn't be an issue, unless your helmet is slightly oversized and you are having to tighten the dial down to the end of its travel.  

However, if I had the extra money, I would get a pair of comtacs with the rail mounts and leave them dedicated on the helmet.  It's a pain in the ass to put the helmet on over them and requires complete loosening, then re-tightening of the chinstraps in order to go over the ear cups.  I have a small head and was right at the cutoff of the sizing and have a S/M helmet; the edges are close enough to my head and ears that it rests somewhat on the sordins and is a less than ideal pairing.  This may not be an issue on the larger size helmets but it is annoying enough to me that I now only shoot suppressed at night and just use ear plugs.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info!   Nah doesnt have to be a ballistic helmet i guess anything really with the occdial.......just want to know is the behind the neck comms work ok with the set up.......this may be the route I go

If anyone has pics and can post I would greatly appreciate it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top