Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2014 11:39:13 PM EDT
I like the concept. I'm just not sure if it flops around to much.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have this version:  http://www.skdtac.com/HSGI-UDHP-Holster-SKD-p/hsg.311.htm

It certainly does not flop.  The holster rides high and is very secure.  When someone asks me for drop leg suggestions, HSGI is the only option I give them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear it doesn't move. Have you tried out the small panel for mag pouches also, does hold as securely is the pistol drop leg?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:44:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used the Costa Leg rig for a couple days while I had it.  When properly adjusted, it didnt move or shift.  Rides nice and high.  I had 2 pistol mags, 2 rifle, and a flashlight on it, and ran around all day, and nothing fell out or lost tension.  

I'm actually considering the all MOLLE version so I can customize what I want on it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had a HSGI drop leg holster for maybe eight years now.   I got it for carrying a pistol when hunting.  At the time it was best out there.  I especially like the mag holders and have purchased four more in the last couple of years for a mini chest rig.  It rides higher that the spector holster out  of the box (before mod) that I am using with my current pistol.  I like the construction better but it is two snug for my XDm, being sized for a sig.  It doesn't seem like there is a good way to mod it either to allow a larger pistol.

edit to correct spellen
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've used the Costa Leg rig for a couple days while I had it.  When properly adjusted, it didnt move or shift.  Rides nice and high.  I had 2 pistol mags, 2 rifle, and a flashlight on it, and ran around all day, and nothing fell out or lost tension.  

I'm actually considering the all MOLLE version so I can customize what I want on it.
View Quote

Thanks for the response. I think I'll pick one of the modular ones up myself. I have a couple rifle/pistol taco pouches I would like to move as far forward as possible and hopefully have enough room at the back for a dump pouch. Would it be in the way if you were sitting in a car while wearing it?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had a HSGI drop leg holster for maybe eight years now.   I got it for carrying a pistol when hunting.  At the time it was best out there.  I especially like the mag holders and have purchased four more in the last couple of years for a mini chest rig.  It rides higher that the spector holster out  of the box (before mod) that I am using with my current pistol.  I like the construction better but it is two snug for my XDm, being sized for a sig.  It doesn't seem like there is a good way to mod it either to allow a larger pistol.

edit to correct spellen
View Quote

I am still in love with my first gen XDs. Use a .45 & 9mm, so I may need to look at something else. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:58:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Are you talking about the Costa Leg Rig or the Mini Drop Leg Panel? I don't have the Costa but love the idea of a 2-point connection. I currently use the Mini Panel and I have three gripes. First, that single point connection allows the kit to walk down my leg. Two, the velco connection that goes around the belt has been pulled free numerous times. Third, because there is space for the knife, it allows for pouches on the panel to flop even though the rig is secured to the leg. This last thing is fixable by securing the middle pouch to the knife sheath.
The design of the leg strap and how it stays secure to your leg is awesome. Like I said before, if you secure the middle pouch somehow to the knife sheath it doesn't flop around with movement. I love how quickly it is to don and doff. I'm in the process of trying to change how it connects to my belt so it works more like the Costa rig.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:10:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmm, can't say i've done too much sitting in cars with mine on.  That's a good question.  Sorry I dont have an answer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you talking about the Costa Leg Rig or the Mini Drop Leg Panel? I don't have the Costa but love the idea of a 2-point connection. I currently use the Mini Panel and I have three gripes. First, that single point connection allows the kit to walk down my leg. Two, the velco connection that goes around the belt has been pulled free numerous times. Third, because there is space for the knife, it allows for pouches on the panel to flop even though the rig is secured to the leg. This last thing is fixable by securing the middle pouch to the knife sheath.
The design of the leg strap and how it stays secure to your leg is awesome. Like I said before, if you secure the middle pouch somehow to the knife sheath it doesn't flop around with movement. I love how quickly it is to don and doff. I'm in the process of trying to change how it connects to my belt so it works more like the Costa rig.
View Quote

Talking about the costa leg rig, but good to know about the other stuff.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It certainly does not flop.  The holster rides high and is very secure.  When someone asks me for drop leg suggestions, HSGI is the only option I give them.
View Quote

+1 regarding the above holster.

I do not recommend carrying mags (or anything else) on a weak-side drop-leg panel.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I do not recommend carrying mags (or anything else) on a weak-side drop-leg panel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one of the early ones with mag pouches sewn on. I cut them off.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Another +1 for the HSGI UDHP.  I bought one of the originals with the buckle but had a strap made like the SDK version.  Comfortable and you can swap out the inner holster to fit your needs.  

IDHunt
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/drop-holster-airborne-60AH.html

Above is the one that I have.  The mag pouch's are removable.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#15]
It's unclear to me from the skd ad.  Is the mount for the holster PALS?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#16]
No, the way you mount the holster is by using the screw holes on the 6004 or G-Code.  Gene from HSGI recommends marking them then burning through the nylon with a soldering iron for a clean hole.  He also offers it as a service and will grommet the holes for you when he does it.  I sent mine to HSGI and had it back in about a week.  You could also use a G-Code GTI or a Safariland MLS to mount it if you want to switch between war belt and drop leg.  I have 2 shells from a 6004 for my Sig 226R.  One for running a light and one for no light.

IDHunt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top