Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM EDT
Is there anyone making gear that is thought of as better than London bridge trading gear?

If so is it higher, lower, or about the same price?

Edit:
Questions about Plate carrier's and the pouches that they sell.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
That question seems a bit open ended. Are you talking in general or a particular line of items? I feel like this also opens it up to a lot of personal preferences.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I think each manufacturer excels at different things. I have used / sold gear from many of the manufactures out there, and I don't think any one company is superior across the board. For instance I prefer mag pouches from HSGI, belts and slings from SOE (I know, I know), plater carriers from Shellback, bags and misc. pouches from maxpedition, You could go on and on.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I think he ^ nailed it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Again I think that is a little too general. For instance are you looking for a slick carrier to wear under clothing or some type of chest rig, MOLLE carrier to attach all of the latest doobers to, or something with a pre-defined purpose with pouches built in? On top of all of this you are going to matter more than anyone else. For instance im 5'6"  and about 160#  like I said earlier I really like the Shellback Tactical carrier because it just fits me well. I've got a buddy who is 6'2" and 235# who absolutely hates it because of the way it rides. Unfortunately unless you've got some people who have different pieces of equipment that you can try this is going to be a very expensive learning process,  until you find the carrier for you. As for the pouches they sell, everything I have used from them has been top notch as far as build quality, however it was just a pouch there wasn't anything that made it stand out either, but I have not used their full line of gear by far.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish I had money for the first spear strandhogg... If that says anything. I have a lbt 6094 and I don't know why the hell I have this thing. Haha.

Tyr makes some really good stuff from what I hear.

What everyone else is spot on as well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:05:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I can only compare a couple of items. I'm selling my specter gear drop leg holster to recoup some money that I dropped on an lbt flap holster for my 1911. My personal use for a "field" type/hypothetical combat holster has changed, hence the swap to a flap holster, but the specter gear holster is every bit the quality of the lbt.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:21:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Blue Force Gear
ATS Tactical Gear
Tactical Tailor
HSGI
Mayflower R&C
Velocity Systems
Extreme Gear Labs
Esstac
First Spear
ITS Tactical
TAG/Shellback
MARZ Tactical
London Bridge Trading
Crye Precision
TYR
Ares Armor
SKDtac/PIG
Emdom USA
Paraclete
Safariland
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a big fan of Marz.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Mayflower
Eagle
TAG (really love their warranty, it's saved me a lot of money.
And custom gear makers, being able to have something made to spec but with some tweaks that make life easier, actions faster is a nice thing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Eagle
Crye precision
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I asked a question a while back on everybody's opinions of "toughest gear".  I kind of confirmed what I thought I knew.  
And that, is that:

Eagle, Tactical Tailor, LBT, First Spear, BFG, Emdom, Tyr, SOE, Crye, and a few more, all build top end stuff, that will last hard combat loads, and use.  

I am selling some of my stuff down right now, and refining what I use.  US Grunt Gear, is a smaller shop, that apparently makes some of the toughest stuff out there.  He has some unique designs, and backs it with a great warranty.  I am heading that direction in time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Let's not forget PIG in this conversation guys.

When they make something it seems to be gold. Though they don't make much compared to some.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I love LOVE LBT

when I was in USMC security forces and stationed in VA beach I would shop there all the time

but I have been really impressed with my Eagle industries, Diamondback tactical stuff, and also TAG

I just got some Ops gear in a trade and it was quite nice too

Most domestic tactical nylon is good to go
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Its nice to have a big list to look at, Because typing tactical gear in Google return's a lot of crap.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#15]
LBT nylon gear is quality stuff, but I don't think their ridiculously high prices are justified.

There's gear made as well for better prices and I'm not talking about Condor.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Innovative gear goes to Crye and FirstSpear in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top