Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 12:50:59 PM EDT
Okay, question for the gear gurus;

I'm looking at getting a set of crye pants, but I want to make sure they fit correctly.

I have heard that the ACs are more loose fitting in the legs and the G3s fit like hipster skinny jeans.

I wear a medium or large/ short BDU.  My thighs are about 24" (I squat 380~400 pounds and I'm good at smurf-jacks ) large/short MCCUUs fit just about perfect.

I'm in decent shape and wear 36 to 38" pants with a belt because I need the extra room so they don't squeeze my thighs.  

Are my suspicions correct about the sizing of the AC?
Or should I just get a size up on the G3?

I have no experience with either, so ANY information or expertise would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Cryes tend to run a tad small.

I'm in the same boat:  ML BDU fits waist best, LL for the thighs; a 36L Crye fits me pretty well (that's both the ACs and G3s; I really don't notice that much difference between the two).
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!

Anybody else have any experience with this issue?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I've found that the latest G3's I've received are cut larger than those I've worn before. My thighs are also 24" and have a bit of room with 34-R
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Are we talking about combat or field pants? I assume combat, but I have a set of G3 field pants that fit pretty true to size and have a good amount of room in the legs (I'm a tree-trunk leg kinda guy too fwiw).
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Combat pants.

So did they tweak the fit a little bit?  I know people were complaining about them fitting like hipster jeans for a while.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Try 36S G3/AC pants
Those pants are about 2 inches larger than the size chart.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Combat pants.

So did they tweak the fit a little bit?  I know people were complaining about them fitting like hipster jeans for a while.
View Quote

Seems like they did.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Same question, seems crye and a couple other companies that make the premium gear
aren't really cutting these for athletes, my numbers are 34" waist and 26" thighs, I prefer
to buy once crye once, pun intended.....

Any first hand experience from guys with similar dimensions?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the G3s in 38S(khaki 400). I'll let you guys know how they turn out.

I ought to have them in a week or so.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Alright,  I got the G3s in and here's my take:

I had the opportunity to walk out in the woods for about a mile and a half over the weekend to test them out, short answer: they're perfect.

These pants have much more adjustability than anything else I've used in the past (and I've used Arc'teryx's Talos combat pants).

They seemed just a tad loose, but once I tightend the waist tabs, pulled in the knee pad-height shock cords, and velcroed down the knee and boot flaps, everything felt like it was tailored to fit me.  Squatting and taking a knee wasn't restrictive in the slightest.  I even did a couple sprints, star jumps, and butt kicks and it felt like I was just wearing slightly heavier PT shorts with knee pads.

Granted, I've only had them for a few days, but they definitely give me confidence in their design and capabilities.  I can see where ever bit of $200 went in the quality and thoughtfulness of their construction.

Also, it looks like while I was waiting for them to come in, Crye took the ACs off their website.  Guess they finally followed through on discontinuing them.

If anyone has any specific questions,  post them up and I'll do my best to answer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top