Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 5:43:48 PM EDT
Hey all,  I've got a friend that's pretty committed to the VZ-58 platform and I'm trying to help him out with some gear.
I don't currently have access to his gun or any of his mags to try for myself, so I'm asking: Does anyone know of a pouch with big enough dimensions to hold a VZ-58 mag.  Or, is there a common enough chest rig that can hold 3-4 VZ 58 mags well. Flaps, bungees, open top, kydex, anything is fine.
I saw Travis Haley mentioned in passing on his D3 video that they 'even got a VZ-58 mag' in there, but that it was tight.  
Does anyone have first hand experience with VZ-58 mags?

Here's a pic(not mine) of the gun for those that don't know (and because we all like pictures)
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#1]
HSGI tacos are always a good answer
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:44:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HSGI tacos are always a good answer
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for the HSGI taco.

When he changes his mind and wants to run... anything else, he's good. Pick the all-MOLLE rig of your choice and you're off to the races.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#4]
cool pic, BTW
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't regular AK pouches work? I just got a VZ and that was the route I planned on taking.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Don't regular AK pouches work? I just got a VZ and that was the route I planned on taking.
View Quote

Some do, some don't.  VZ mags are a bit bulkier than most '47 mags.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info, never handled a 47 so nothing to compare to. Thinking of using the TT universal pouches, might have to look into a different product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top