Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 5:38:33 PM EDT
Looking for a pair of Ballistic glasses that have a prescription, not the ones with the clip glasses like the ones that are issued at bootcamp. I ship out Sept. to basic and would like a pair of SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 with clear and dark lenses both would need prescription. Im looking at OakleySI and cant seem to find them. Maybe they dont exist?

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for a pair of Ballistic glasses that have a prescription, not the ones with the clip glasses like the ones that are issued at bootcamp. I ship out Sept. and would like a pair of SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 with clear and dark lenses both would need prescription. Im looking at OakleySI and cant seem to find them. Maybe they dont exist?

View Quote

Better check for what is authorized before spending money on something you can't wear over there.
Most units are going to require wear of approved model the meats mil spec test I'd think.  

For wrap around glasses with Rx inserts make sure you get the correct base curve and if you have a big head like mine ICE has a larger nose piece to set the frames furthar away so your eye lashes aren't right up against the inserts.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The ballistic M-Frames are issued by many units, I can't imagine any unit saying it's unauthorized

On Oakley SI there is a tab on the left that says "prescription lenses".
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Belay my last.

Because of the type of lens having to withstand frag, you can't get the ballistics with prescription built in. You have to use the lens inserts.

That's what I used on my deployments, they worked great.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
So all Ballistic glass with have to use inserts not built into the actual lens?

I would like a pair of quality ballistic glasses. Through Oakley SI I can get them at a discount so I might get them. Hoping i could take them and use them at basic but if i cant get a prescription built into the lenses i don't think they'll let me.

Anyone know if I can wear either Tan or MultiCam SI M Frame 3.0 at Basic Training?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
You haven't gone to basic yet?

I wouldn't count on being able to use anything you bring with you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Nothing at all? Not even Ballistic glasses? Damn. I guess Ill wait till i get back.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:24:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nothing at all? Not even Ballistic glasses? Damn. I guess Ill wait till i get back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will be issued what they want you to wear.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least the bcgs they make now days look better than the ones they gave me
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have different ones now?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Lasik, no prescription to worry about.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lasik, no prescription to worry about.
View Quote

Not enough time to get it done before September, Lasik can prevent you from certain jobs.

PRK is an option you can apply for once you're in.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Is 31B Military Police (Current MOS) or 31K Military Working Dog Handler restricted from getting Lasik? If it is id rather not get it and just deal with glasses, if not ill probaby get it after BCT/AIT. My eyes arent bad but they do need glasses. I cant read writing 10 feet or further. Driving without glasses is possible but not advised.

I think im just going to wait until i get back from Training and get to my unit to buy any Oakleys or anything.

What is PRK?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]
PRK is a different type of laser surgery that is more accepted by the military and a procedure you can apply for while you're in.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
PRK is a different type of laser surgery that is more accepted by the military and a procedure you can apply for while you're in.
View Quote

I'll take a look into it thank you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:42:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they do ill see if i can find the pair i got right before my ets
As far as the lasik thing goes wait till you hit your unit and then hound tem till they get you on the list at ft hood they offered lasik prk and something called icl but priority is givin to combat mos and deploying units so if your gonna be an mp prepare to wait that is if you get it signed off on i put in for it three times and got screwed everytime
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Also if you get laser survey before hand it can disqualify you from entering the military and requires a waiver.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know the reason behind them not liking lasik?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top