Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 4:38:35 PM EDT
Im looking for a range type bag, that i can use to haul around extra mag's.

As of now i just chunk my range stuff in a ammo can when i head out.  But now i want something better.

Color's not that much of an issue, multi cam, gray, OD, or woodland will work.

Mag pouches on the outside would be nice or the ability to attach them.

I would like it to clip on a belt or belt loop as well, to keep it from flopping around.

Men bag shopping.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Tons of options.  Maxpedition and 5.11 have several 'mag bags'.  Everything from a simple fold open deal with elastic bands for the mags to basically small range bags that have MOLLE or mag pouches on the outside and inside, and pouches for accessories and can carry a hand gun or two.

Most range bags being made today generally have a section with the loops for mags.  Depending on the size of the bag, it might be 4 mags, or 12.

One style I started seeing a lot of after this years Bianchi Cup and Steel Challenge matches was an interesting 'holster' that held oh, half a dozen mags or so.  Open sided, and the mags appeared to be clipped in side by side.  Rather bulky and specialized to those matches, but interesting none the less.  No idea what it's called or who makes it, but I saw several of them on Pros and amateurs a like, so they gotta be rather 'common' as far as that kind of thing goes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tons of options.  Maxpedition and 5.11 have several 'mag bags'.  Everything from a simple fold open deal with elastic bands for the mags to basically small range bags that have MOLLE or mag pouches on the outside and inside, and pouches for accessories and can carry a hand gun or two.

Most range bags being made today generally have a section with the loops for mags.  Depending on the size of the bag, it might be 4 mags, or 12.

One style I started seeing a lot of after this years Bianchi Cup and Steel Challenge matches was an interesting 'holster' that held oh, half a dozen mags or so.  Open sided, and the mags appeared to be clipped in side by side.  Rather bulky and specialized to those matches, but interesting none the less.  No idea what it's called or who makes it, but I saw several of them on Pros and amateurs a like, so they gotta be rather 'common' as far as that kind of thing goes.
View Quote

Well i know i don't want any 5.11 the few i have seen in person seam to be of very low quality, one even had damage while on the shelf.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't get the Dustin Ellermann 5.11.

You have to buy too many aftermarket pouches to make it anything decent and the pockets are all too damn small.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
midways brand range bags work well for me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#5]
For 3 gun competition, I use an old us military M5 medical bag. I can fit all my gear, nalgene bottle, mags, extra ammo, etc. It can be worn like a backpack, and when you set it down and open it, everything is more or less in its place. This is handy for walking from stage to stage. I can bring myself to modify a baby stroller yet for this purpose like a lot of the competitors- so I walk around with a backpack and 2 soft cases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top