Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2014 11:15:57 AM EDT
I'm Tall and Fat and can't find good gear anywhere. I can get Hunting camo but no tactical gear. I'm 6'7 350, any suggestion.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#1]
List what you need and maybe we can help?  There isn't really a big & tall store for tactical gear to make it one-stop shopping.  We can probably list sources for individual items that will work if you give us details.  

You could also look into ponying up the cash for custom stuff if off-the-shelf doesn't work.  It will cost you though.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
List what you need and maybe we can help?  There isn't really a big & tall store for tactical gear to make it one-stop shopping.  We can probably list sources for individual items that will work if you give us details.  

You could also look into ponying up the cash for custom stuff if off-the-shelf doesn't work.  It will cost you though.
View Quote

Shirts, vest, anything upper body. I wear a 4XLT but it has to be a Tall. I have a big upper torso. and a 24 inch neck. We had to special order my football helmet when I played semi pro. I do ok with pants and belts but since I'm putting it out there. a 44x34 would be best.  All I have is basic hunting attire, I haven't had much luck in the tactical area.

Any help is much appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Propper does ACU cut camoflauge uniforms in popular patterns like multicam in 4XL Tall sizes.  Google around and you can find vendors that carry them.  

Plate carriers are sized for the plates.  You can find measurement charts online to see what size plates you need.  The plate carriers usually have adjustable cummerbunds that have significant amounts of adjustment.  Find the plate carrier you like that fits the plate size you need and email the company to see how large of a circumference their cummerbunds expand to.  

That should take care of all of your size concerns.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Propper does ACU cut camoflauge uniforms in popular patterns like multicam in 4XL Tall sizes.  Google around and you can find vendors that carry them.  

Plate carriers are sized for the plates.  You can find measurement charts online to see what size plates you need.  The plate carriers usually have adjustable cummerbunds that have significant amounts of adjustment.  Find the plate carrier you like that fits the plate size you need and email the company to see how large of a circumference their cummerbunds expand to.  

That should take care of all of your size concerns.
View Quote

I search but never find much. I'm looking up  Propper now. Thanks for the plate info too.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
This is not an endorsement for a company, just an example of what I found.  

https://www.nevesuniforms.com/productdetail.asp?groupnumber=1597
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Just checked, most are just 4XL, however if I lose a couple of lbs I could get the 3XLT
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm 6'7" and 350 too. I have had god luck with the 5.11 rapid assault shirts I think there called in 3xl. There not baggy but work perfect for wearing a chest rig. I also just got in a HSGI Plate carrier in large that I haven't experimented with yet but from what I read should fit. I am a 48x34 waist. The 5.11 pants all work for me too a little short but with boots doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:27:54 AM EDT
[#8]
How are y'all wearing 34 pants? I'm 6'5 and have to wear 36 and 38 if I can find them.

Y'all make me feel small.

PCs are going to be hard to find. I have a PIG and it's probably a touch on the small side. With having such a large upper body finding plates that will cover vitals may be an issue.

King size

Grainger
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm 6'7" and 350 too. I have had god luck with the 5.11 rapid assault shirts I think there called in 3xl. There not baggy but work perfect for wearing a chest rig. I also just got in a HSGI Plate carrier in large that I haven't experimented with yet but from what I read should fit. I am a 48x34 waist. The 5.11 pants all work for me too a little short but with boots doesn't matter.
View Quote

We're not too far apart. I'm 46-34 But My upper body is where I carry my fat. Let me know how that plate carrier works out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How are y'all wearing 34 pants? I'm 6'5 and have to wear 36 and 38 if I can find them.

PCs are going to be hard to find. I have a PIG and it's probably a touch on the small side. With having such a large upper body finding plates that will cover vitals may be an issue.

King size

Grainger
View Quote

I wear a 46 not 34. I was 12 the last time I wore that. I also played football from 8 to 24 so every year I just got bigger and bigger. I played Semi Pro ball so I guess I got something out of it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I wear a 46 not 34. I was 12 the last time I wore that. I also played football from 8 to 24 so every year I just got bigger and bigger. I played Semi Pro ball so I guess I got something out of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

King size

Grainger

He's talking about inseam, not waist.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

King size

Grainger

Yeah, I missed that one. LOL sorry man. That's crazy thought, he must be all legs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top