Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2014 11:25:45 PM EDT
Anyone know of any companies putting these out?  While I'm a fan of velcro's ease of use, I'm not a fan of its sound.  Am I the only one missing the silence of buttoned shoulder and thigh pockets?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:38:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I know it's not the answer you were looking for but you might want to give these a look....
http://www.fighterdesignusa.com/magnetic-retrofit-kits/
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:44:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The magnets used in the closure devices that replace the Velcro could easily interfere with magnetic compasses, and possibly other electronic gear.  Sorry, but no thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know it's not the answer you were looking for but you might want to give these a look....

The magnets used in the closure devices that replace the Velcro could easily interfere with magnetic compasses, and possibly other electronic gear.  Sorry, but no thanks.

My first thought as well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The magnets don't have a big enough mass to disrupt the field unless you mean a button compass. I'm sure it's not for all folks, I personally don't mind velcro, it sounds like I'm reloading freedom.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool idea...   But i agree on not really wanting magnets sitting against my compass/GPS/Phone/etc.

Back to topic...I'm still surprised there aren't companies making these.  I may need to just convert some BDU style uniforms or maybe make a button conversion similar to that magnet one.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Contact Crye directly, they have made many custom pieces for me and a unit I was in. I may even still have a POC there if you need it.

Honestly I hate their off the shelf stuff, had nothing but bad luck with it, but their custom uniforms have always been well-done.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#8]
D6T,

I appreciate the offer and idea.  I have no problem paying for quality, but that being said...I can only imagine how much that would cost.  A button conversion to my current sets would be pretty simple I think.  Step one is me buying a damn sewing machine....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top