Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2014 6:08:15 AM EDT
anyone know the formula for dyeing DC? I have some DC gear I want to dye green, I know you need a bottle of dark green Rite dye ang boiling water but do you had a cup of salt or a cup of vinegar?

thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#1]
In before Raf!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Raf
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

What would be the advantages of using these over RIT dye?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've had pretty awesome results with it. I dyed a molle II sleep system carrier red and it completely obliterated the DCU pattern.

From this article

Acid dyes will bind stronger to materials then direct dyes (Rit Dye).

Rit dye will work on nylon but you will get better result with an acid dye especially if you are looking to get rid of patterns.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've had pretty awesome results with it. I dyed a molle II sleep system carrier red and it completely obliterated the DCU pattern.

From this article

Rit dye will work on nylon but you will get better result with an acid dye especially if you are looking to get rid of patterns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From this article

Do you have any pics of that carrier? What would be a good one for a desert tan/coyote brown (insert desert color I don't care about a specific shade). Thanks.
Edit: Talking about dyeing ACU camo if that matters.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#8]
There is also a pretreat product available at craft stores that will enhance your dyes ability to penetrate and not rub off on you down the road. I picked mine up at Michaels craft supply. I dyed a DCU set of molle shoulder straps and waist belt. I used a 5 gallon bucket and let it soak for quite a while. Even the tan buckles darkened a little

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top