Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2014 9:27:35 PM EDT
Who did these guys spin off of?  Are they pn par with LBT, TT, and the like?  I like the looks of some of their stuff.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
They started off selling TT seconds and became a pretty legitimat company. They now are still afiliated with TT and have some of their own designs. I think they offer a lot of the stuff TT makes, but some of it is made oversees.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything I've ever gotten from them (various modular pouches) was fairly obviously made by Tac Tailor.  I've owned a lot of TT gear over the years and the construction, materials, and designs were identical, and I know TT does a good bit of other contract work using modifications or copies of their designs for other brands (like the MSM Adapt pack).
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:00:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting for sure.  I am a huge TT fan, and have a good bit of their stuff.  Between TT and LBT, I am pretty well stocked up.  Thanks guys for the heads up.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not all TT any more.

I ordered a split front chest rig from them a while back after having bought some stuff that was clearly TT.
Suffice it to say, the chest rig in question was not a TT Mav.

They're a great source for pouches & the like but some of the bigger items are not of the same quality they were when everything was Tactical Tailor seconds & overruns.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
From the hosses mouth.

Skip to 6:50 for Grey Ghost
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#6]
the TT made stuff used to be good but lately I have not been impressed with their gear.
I suspect some are made overseas.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the lightweight assault pack made of LiteLok behind the rear seat of my truck and I like it pretty well.

http://www.greyghostgear.com/packs/lightweight-assault-pack-litelok
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the TT made stuff used to be good but lately I have not been impressed with their gear.
I suspect some are made overseas.
View Quote

Nothing TT is made offshore
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Let me rephrase: old Grey Ghost gear made by TT was great and made in USA. Some of their new ones is not made by TT and you can see the difference. I suspect made overseas. Their tag used to say made in usa, not anymore. That's a sign. YMMV
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Just looked over their website and they definatly have some new pouches and such that seem like they might be made elsewhere than at TT.  These might be the overseas items they've added, but a lot of their stuff still looks like the classic TT designs.  I'd work of the concept of only buying the items that look like exact or very similar copies of items in TT's lineup as those are most likely still made by TT, and avoid the newer oddball items, unless their place of manufacture could be verified.
For example:
This double rifle mag pouch is an almost exact copy of one offered by TT, so I'd assume they are the OEM for this item: http://www.greyghostgear.com/pouches/ammo-pouches/double-mag-pouch-5-56
On the other hand, this mag pouch seems to be based off other designs, such as Eagle Industries, and uses sew on MOLLE straps over MALICE clips.  I'd wager this might be one of the overseas products (or at the very least, not made by TT).  The drastically lower price also seems to point to this: http://www.greyghostgear.com/pouches/ammo-pouches/double-mag-pouch-5-56-with-molle-strap

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

On the other hand, this mag pouch seems to be based off other designs, such as Eagle Industries, and uses sew on MOLLE straps over MALICE clips.  I'd wager this might be one of the overseas products (or at the very least, not made by TT).  The drastically lower price also seems to point to this: http://www.greyghostgear.com/pouches/ammo-pouches/double-mag-pouch-5-56-with-molle-strap

View Quote

It states in the description that those are from a government contract overrun, so I'm willing to bet that it's CONUS made. Of course, it would be great if someone could confirm it, but I don't think the US Gov't contract stuff like this out overseas.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Those Molle pouches were made in the states, occasionally we do contract work that requires us to use the strap and snap vs. Malice Clips.

Also as far as design wise the contract work is spec'd out to be exactly one design, whether it is something Eagle or Natick had already received an NSN number for.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Definitely, TT, but they keep adding things. I think they even sell Noveske and Karrimor now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top