Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/12/2014 1:43:20 PM EDT
Does anyone make a good combat shirt in woodland?

I've seen the Rothco and Tru-Spec versions, but they have a number of poor reviews.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Not yet. Everything on the market sucks. You can contact Crye Precision to make them... However, you might need a larger order and you will pay quite a bit more....
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not yet. Everything on the market sucks. You can contact Crye Precision to make them... However, you might need a larger order and you will pay quite a bit more....
View Quote

I thought Crye put the kibosh on this idea - something about it being a current SOCOM pattern and not available to the open market, yada yada yada.

I thought I read that somewhere, but can't remember where.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought Crye put the kibosh on this idea - something about it being a current SOCOM pattern and not available to the open market, yada yada yada.

View Quote

There was an airsoft forum that was gonna place a 100qty order but their contact stopped working there before it could get done.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There was an airsoft forum that was gonna place a 100qty order but their contact stopped working there before it could get done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe Crye just didn't want a bunch of airsofters being the only ones wearing them...LOL
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Crye and drifire have made them for MARSOC.

They can be found on eBay for the cheap low price of $800.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Crye and drifire have made them for MARSOC.

They can be found on eBay for the cheap low price of $800.
View Quote

Well, I better get 3 then.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Or you could just get one sewn up.

It's not mixing rocket fuel.  It's just a shirt.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unless your shirt is made of LOX.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At that point, I'd suggest staying away from sparks and open flames.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a truspec xtreme shirt. The elbow pads are not in the best location, but its not a bad shirt.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 2:06:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Do it the way they made the originals.
Take a DRIFIRE tshirt and a BDU top to a sew shop and tell them you want the BDU sleeves seen onto the tshirt. Ensure they sew a sort- of cuff around the arm holes of the tshirt before they attach the sleeves.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:18:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Most of them in theatre when I left I  '13 were made by having your wife send you some old woodland cammie tops and brown GI t-shirts so you could have them zapped together by the fillipino dudes in the sew shop. I know nomex ones were out there but the homebrew was widespread
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#13]
You can find dri-fire sets for around $350, Potomac makes a combat shirt in woodland as well.  The crye ones are not that great, they fade like crazy (had a set for a while at a good price, sold for profit).

Anyway I'm in the market for one as well. Might go with the Potomac or just get a tru-spec one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Most of them in theatre when I left I  '13 were made by having your wife send you some old woodland cammie tops and brown GI t-shirts so you could have them zapped together by the fillipino dudes in the sew shop. I know nomex ones were out there but the homebrew was widespread
View Quote

This may be your best bet IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 1:05:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:00:45 AM EDT
[#16]
What's old is new again.  Do those units use woodland because it's effective for their needs or to blend in with indigenous troops like the Afghan army?
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What's old is new again.  Do those units use woodland because it's effective for their needs or to blend in with indigenous troops like the Afghan army?
View Quote

Both. For a long time ANA wore woodland (or a 3rd world copy of it). People who often worked with ANA would bring their woodlands because at this time the acu and marpat were young and most guys that had been around awhile had plenty of woodland laying around. It was easy to get brown t-shirts in theatre until the Navy started giving multicam to everyone (late 11, early 12).

Now the commandos have flashy new  digital-ish camo in multicam type tones but when I left AFG a year ago the guys pushing commandos still wore woodland.

Dont follow the arfcom fashion. Use your own judgement and use what works. Woodland is fine and always has been.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#18]
You might want to check out paintball companies. I can't say anything about NIR or the like, but generally paintball gear is durable enough to spend a lot of time running around in the woods.

I think Valken Sports does woodland camo stuff.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#20]
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/us-mil-nomex-l-s-combat-shirt.aspx?a=1683005

Here you go.  I'll post the link, since mine came in.   Potomac, less than $50.

Sleeves are mostly nomex and a little thick.  Seems pretty good, though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You might want to check out paintball companies. I can't say anything about NIR or the like, but generally paintball gear is durable enough to spend a lot of time running around in the woods.

I think Valken Sports does woodland camo stuff.
View Quote

Valken makes good stuff.

http://www.ansgear.com/2010_Valken_V_Tac_Zulu_Paintball_Jersey_Woodland_p/valkenvtacjerseyzuluwoodland.htm
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#22]
If your pride is not a concern here, some airsoft companies make "replica" woodland combat shirts and pants in the style of crye g3, drifire, etc. As with anything replica it will  not be the same quality as the real deal, but if you do some research on google and YouTube, you can find some *almost* on par.

Link Posted: 6/23/2014 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#23]
You mean this kind of thing?

Linky
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Linky
View Quote

Damn, I want one
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Haven't ever actually seen anything made by this guy yet:

http://libertytreetactical.com/Liberty_Tree_Tactical/Home.html

However, I plan to in the near future - when I contacted him, he quoted me $55 for a conversion if you provide the BDU top/undershirt, going up from there depending on what he needs to provide/what features/materials you want.  

He advertises on eBay as well.  Beyond that, I don't know much about the company, but for $55 and a spare top, I'm thinking of trying it out.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

However, I plan to in the near future - when I contacted him, he quoted me $55 for a conversion if you provide the BDU top/undershirt, going up from there depending on what he needs to provide/what features/materials you want.  

He advertises on eBay as well.  Beyond that, I don't know much about the company, but for $55 and a spare top, I'm thinking of trying it out.  

~Augee
View Quote

I contacted that dude around two years ago, his machine was borked and I just had the wife of a buddy sew them up instead.
They turned out awesome and I paid her around $100 for six shirts.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

~Augee
View Quote

This dude makes good shit. He helped me out a lot when I was back in the Ghillie making scene. I've been looking for one of these shirts, so I'm gonna have to see if he's still doing em.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/us-mil-nomex-l-s-combat-shirt.aspx?a=1683005

View Quote

I ordered one of these.  We shall see how it is.  There isn't alot of info out there about it.  I figured for the price, I would give it a shot.  Anyone else here have one of these?

ETA to add a link...Potomac Combat Shirt
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I ordered one of these.  We shall see how it is.  There isn't alot of info out there about it.  I figured for the price, I would give it a shot.  Anyone else here have one of these?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely well made.  Body is what I consider standard thickness, but sleeves are pretty heavy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Damn, I want one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Linky

Damn, I want one

Tru-Spec makes one too:

http://www.truspec.com/-p-488.html

Comes in Multicam and All Terrain Tiger as well, among other solids and patterns.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I typed my last post at work.  I got home and pulled it out.  Sleeves are very heavy, and body is also heavy.  Definitely heavier than the FROG.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:44:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang, I was excited. This was one of the first coyote brown combat shirts ive seen. Anyone else have any leads on Coyote brown combat shirts?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Id actually like to find one in the old DCU.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have DCU at sportsmans guide, but they are sold out.  And I got my woodland shirt in, and it is nice....a little heavier than a FROG shirt, but seems like a quality shirt!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They have DCU at sportsmans guide, but they are sold out.  And I got my woodland shirt in, and it is nice....a little heavier than a FROG shirt, but seems like a quality shirt!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do they sizes run in the Potomac version- compared to standard BDU/ACU sizing?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Heres a woodland camo combat shirt. Its Tru Spec Tru. I have the 65/35 in multicam and i like it but heres the 50/50nyco

I dont see any bad reviews on it.
http://uspatriottactical.com/tru-spec-1-4-zip-tactical-response-combat-shirt-50-50-nyco/
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

How do they sizes run in the Potomac version- compared to standard BDU/ACU sizing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought a size medium in the Potomac shirt.  It runs about the same a my medium FROG shirt and my large MASSIF multicam shirt....just to give you an idea.  As far as ACU's, I have no idea, as I have never worn them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Helikon makes one, though I'm weary of their sizing;

http://combat-wear.com/clothes--shirts--combat/helikon-tex-combat-shirt-us-woodland/

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#40]
As does a paintball outfit called Rap4:

http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/p/012580/under-vests-and-body-armor-bdu-woodland

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Definitely well made.  Body is what I consider standard thickness, but sleeves are pretty heavy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so glad I saw this I have been searching ebay and did not want to pay the $100 to 200
just ordered one
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

http://combat-wear.com/clothes--shirts--combat/helikon-tex-combat-shirt-us-woodland/

http://combat-wear.com/media/product_images/188/KO-CS2-PO-03_wm.jpg
View Quote
I don't have any Helikon tops, but I have 4 pairs of their pants.  I found their Medium to be consistent with Medium Regular issue pants.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't have any Helikon tops, but I have 4 pairs of their pants.  I found their Medium to be consistent with Medium Regular issue pants.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://combat-wear.com/media/product_images/188/KO-CS2-PO-03_wm.jpg

Aye, it's the tops that worry me.
I wear MR GI Pants & a LR top.
The Issue LR Armour shirt fits me great.
I wear XL Civilian T-shirts.
I have a 50" chest, and that puts me in XXL, in Helikons top sizing - which is my worry.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#44]
just got mine in the mail from SG!!!

wow it looks really nice

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Gunny's Surplus has some for $30 for what it's worth. No idea on quality.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#46]
The ones MARSOC buys were falling apart. Seams were failing and I think they had material problems also. This was in an article I found a few months back. I can't recall the brand.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:12:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

Here you go
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Here you go
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

Here you go

they are multicam not woodland
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The ones MARSOC buys were falling apart. Seams were failing and I think they had material problems also. This was in an article I found a few months back. I can't recall the brand.
View Quote

Crye makes them with lighter material per USMC request than they produce commercially and for SEALs and SF
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top