Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 8:23:13 PM EDT
I asked this in GD and got a lack luster response.

Is this product : http://lbtinc.com/pouches/miscellaneous-pouches/padded-binoculars-pouch.html

ITAR rstircted?
I looked though out the regulations, primarily in Category X where I assume it would fall and found nothing. Just want to be safe!
Thanks

CATEGORY X—PROTECTIVE PERSONNEL EQUIPMENT AND SHELTERS
(a) Protective personnel equipment specifi- cally designed, developed, configured, adapt- ed, modified, or equipped for military appli- cations. This includes but is not limited to:
(1) Body armor;
(2) Clothing to protect against or reduce detection by radar, infrared (IR) or other sensors at wavelengths greater than 900 nanometers, and the specially treated or for- mulated dyes, coatings, and fabrics used in its design, manufacture, and production;
(3) Anti-Gravity suits (G-suits);
(4) Pressure suits capable of operating at altitudes above 55,000 feet sea level;
(5) Atmosphere diving suits designed, de- veloped, modified, configured, or adapted for use in rescue operations involving sub- marines controlled by this subchapter;
(6) Helmets specially designed, developed, modified, configured, or adapted to be com- patible with military communication hard- ware or optical sights or slewing devices;
(7) Goggles, glasses, or visors designed to protect against lasers or thermal flashes dis- charged by an article subject to this sub- chapter.
(b) Permanent or transportable shelters specifically designed and modified to protect against the effect of articles covered by this subchapter as follows:
(1) Ballistic shock or impact;
(2) Nuclear, biological, or chemical con- tamination.
(c) Tooling and equipment specifically de- signed or modified for the production of arti- cles controlled by this category.
(d) Components, parts, accessories, attach- ments, and associated equipment specifically designed, modified, configured, or adapted for use with the articles in paragraphs (a) through (c) of this category.
(e) Technical data (as defined in §120.10 of this subchapter) and defense services (as de- fined in § 120.9 of this subchapter) directly re- lated to the defense articles enumerated in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this category.
(f) The following interpretations explain and amplify the terms used in this category and throughout this subchapter: (1) The body armor covered by this category does not in- clude Type 1, Type 2, Type 2a, or Type 3a as defined by the National Institute of Justice Classification;
(2) The articles in this category include any end item, components, accessory, at- tachment, part, firmware, software or sys- tem that has been designed or manufactured using technical data and defense services controlled by this category;
(3) Pressure suits in paragraph (a) (4) of this category include full and partial suits used to simulate normal atmospheric pres- sure conditions at high altitude.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
As I'm not a lawyer, take this or leave it but I don't see a padded pouch being a huge deal to export unless I'm missing something..
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say non-issue, if it was a grenade pouch or something interesting then yes
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I imagine you are asking because you want to buy or sell these off-shore. The product you have listed is complaint with ITAR.

CAVEAT: I'd not ship 1,000 of them to Libya or any other sanctioned country though - because then you have to worry about OFAC and Department of Commerce regulations and restrictions.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:37:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, yeah an individual in Hong Kong bought it. Without me even thinking I shipped it out and it's currently on it's way to a sorting faculty within the US (eBay deal). Was wondering if I needed to put a stop on the package but it sounds like I am GTG.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:14:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah ur gtg, no need to worry about a pouch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top