Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 1:16:50 PM EDT
Ok, so I am using HL impact sports right now and they work out alright, but have the bug to get better.
I pretty much have the same need as a 'high speed' guy in that I am using a surplus helmet and nod, the difference being I am just trying to shoot a dog or two and am working towards becoming a predator guide.
The impact sports I have fit under my helmet, just had to orientate the pads a bit, but it works out ok. and like the impact sports, I need to be able to plug in my midland hunt radios for input, (I run a boom on my shirt)  so no need for the high end comm sets.

I was looking at the following models:
1)  Pro Ears Pro Tac 300
2)  Peltor Comtac II
3)  MSA sordin supreme III pro +
4)  Pro Tac GOLD behind the ear (these seem nice on paper, but not sure if they would fit under a helmet

what I am also not sure of is should I be looking at around the neck models more closely?  I have only ever used the impact sports, and they fit under my helmet, but wonder if I am missing out by not going with the cool guy/operator neck band model.
thanks!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak for the other brands, but I've been nothing short of pleased with my MSAs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You can buy the Comtac II and III without the mic and radio cables.  Then you can add them later on if you would like.  Pricing out both the loaded out and the bare bones with upgrades later on they end up being about the same price.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're considering Peltors I'd forget about the II's.

You can get III's on eBay or the EE for around your budget and they are slimmer and are an improvement over the II's.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at the TCI DEHP. It is a product improved version of the MSA/Sordin ear-pro.

I have owned both and the DEHP is better. Make sure you upgrade to the gel cushions.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#5]
After dealing with customer service at Peltor (3M), I'll never buy from them again.  MSAs for me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take a look at the TCI DEHP. It is a product improved version of the MSA/Sordin ear-pro.

I have owned both and the DEHP is better. Make sure you upgrade to the gel cushions.
View Quote

looks cool but how do you run comms with it? have to buy the military radios and mic's?
I would like something that can take an AUX-in jack, that way I can plug my midland into it, and just run a mic boom on my collar.
otherwise, I would have to run an in-ear speaker and route the wire under the ear cushion, which may reduce the dB value.
ps- it does fit under the helmet right?

EDIT- military radios only with it. should fit under a pot.  I am going with the behind the head.  I will just run my radio bud under my earpro, not like I am banging off shot after shot whilst hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top