Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2013 8:22:47 AM EDT
I have been wearing Wiley x sunglasses for years. Since then they have changed their frames and now they wont stay on my head. every time I look down they fall off. I am looking for a new pair of sunglasses, I tried to find the North Face, but I cant, what is good but wont break the bank.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Oakley, hands down. I see you are a vet, check out USSTANDARDISSUE if you still have a DOD id card.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oakley, hands down. I see you are a vet, check out USSTANDARDISSUE if you still have a DOD id card.
View Quote

Yup. Oakley SI
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I do not have my card.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I wear Costa Del Mar sunglasses, worth taking a look at. Native is another good company.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#5]
These work great for me.   Lose a pair?  Scratch them?  Just order four more.

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/19806.html

Link Posted: 8/29/2013 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

thanks I love that site and for some reason I didnt even think about them I will do that. get 3 pairs to start off with. I have one pair od WX xl-1s left and they are my good pair i like to have more thought. thank you.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Funny thing about sunglasses.

I have a $16.00 pair of sunglasses from Wal-Mart that I've had forever.  As soon as I spend $50 - $60 on a good pair, they're lost or broken in a matter of days.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Oakleys, no doubt.

I wear Fives Squareds and Gascans in uniform, then I also have a pair of Holbrooks, Jupiters, Gascans with an American flag for the O, and some ballistic M Frames for my work eye pro.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Oakley. Hands down.

I wear Half Jackets, Flak Jackets, bone cerakote Fuel Cells, and M- Frames in and out of uniform.

Best. Shades. Ever.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Oakley Flak jackets XLJ and M-frames.  Best money I have ever spent and only sunglasses/shooting glasses I can wear.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Funny thing about sunglasses.

I have a $16.00 pair of sunglasses from Wal-Mart that I've had forever.  As soon as I spend $50 - $60 on a good pair, they're lost or broken in a matter of days.
View Quote

My problem is most of them are too damn small.   My face (I guess?) is too big for most of them I try one.   The giant safety glasses fit great, though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I tried this site and it links me to Oakleys.  Is this it?
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#13]
ESS they are roughly the same price as oakleys, are ballistic proof, come with a hard case, and most have interchangeable lens. A popular company so there is bound to be a pair or few that will fit even the most uncommonly shaped heads. 5 year warranty and a lifetime-sustainment.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Oakley SI or Smith Optics.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
ESS they are roughly the same price as oakleys, are ballistic proof, come with a hard case, and most have interchangeable lens. A popular company so there is bound to be a pair or few that will fit even the most uncommonly shaped heads. 5 year warranty and a lifetime-sustainment.
View Quote

ESS is a subdivision of Oakley.

I have a pair of ESS ICE and I like them.  A lot.

I'm going to get a pair of ESS Cross series as well since my prescription inserts will fit them as well as the ICE.  Getting ICE Naro for the spouse.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I would like to say thanks. I bought a pair of these and they are great. I even dropped them in Target and not a scratch. I would advise anyone who is like me with glasses to try them. cant beat them for the price. Oakley are way over priced for me and how I treat them. Wiley X's are ok but these are the best so far.

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/3016308.html
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I have several pair of cool guy Oakleys I wear every day and I love them, but for shooting I always use my Revision Sawflys. They fit me well and the shape of the lenses matches up with the shape of my face so dust and shit (mostly) stays out as if they are sealed. Just my $.02
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been wearing those with the Indoor/Outdoor lenses at work.  They have just enough tint to help on a really bright day, but unlike my other pair with the smoke lenses, I don't have to change them out when I walk instead since the plant has rules about tinted glasses indoors.
Top Top