Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:33:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Verified function, everything works great. Sound quality for Tx and Rx is outstanding.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dyezak:
Ever tried doing this to hook up Peltor Comtac's to a Yaesu VX-8DR?
View Quote
@dyezak did you ever get this set up? I am looking to use Yaesu.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
@dyezak did you ever get this set up? I am looking to use Yaesu.
View Quote

I did, then realized how stupid it was.  Peltors are tough as nails ear pro.  The Yaesu is a rugged com unit that can take a hell of a beating.  

But the fragile ass cable connecting the two was a joke that couldn't get wet, couldn't be tugged on, was anything BUT rugged.  The cable was stupid.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Disco-32 makes a PTT for the waterproof Yaesu radios.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The plug and cord are tiny going into the radio. It may be different, but I have the hx370s and the ft270 and they both use a common connector scheme. I think it is a 2.5mm 4 conductor pin with a screw on keeper barrel. The cord is thin and fragile. I will find a more robust radio connection like the Kenwood setup. I think many other brands have the same setup.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top