Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2012 3:43:29 AM EDT
I'm looking to pick up a couple of Kydex AR15 mag pouches for my Pmags and pistol mag pouches for an upcoming carbine class.  I've had a few people recommend to me the Bladetech Kydex mag pouches, and alot of others recommend the Raven Concealment Kydex mag pouches.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these and what their opinions were.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Raven Concealment pouch and it's very nice. However, they did have quite a lead time on orders when I bought mine last year. If that's still the case be prepared for a long wait. You might look at Kytex mag pouches. They are more skeletal in design but are well built, inexpensive and I got mine very quickly when I ordered mine. (http://www.kytexgear.com/) If you're not set on kydex, I also recommend the Wilderness Tactical mag pouch. It's all cordura and works great. Both the Kytex and Wilderness pouches can be removed without taking off your belt.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Hideous Holsters. Great product at a great price.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Try Calculated Sentience. They make good products and lead time wasn't too bad, from my experience a few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 3:52:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Raven is the only kydex I use anymore. Great product, with a lifetime warranty by a company with the best CS in the industry.

Here are some on a Brokos I run.

Link Posted: 3/7/2012 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been using Kytex and like them a lot. They have a unique design with a very skinny platform so you can fit more on your belt. I've got there pouches for AR and pistol mags aswell as there Surefire carrier. My main push to try them out was the price and also the turn around time. After looking at other companies i didnt want to wait weeks or months so i emailed Kytex and Brian, the owner, said turn around time was 3-5 days. I placed my order and received my package 5 days later.

Link Posted: 3/7/2012 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The Ready Tactical ones at SKD are great
http://www.skdtac.com/Ready-Tactical-AR15-Mag-Pouch-p/rdt.110.htm

They take up way less belt space then ones like the Raven concealment or bladetech pouches.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been using Kytex and like them a lot. They have a unique design with a very skinny platform so you can fit more on your belt. I've got there pouches for AR and pistol mags aswell as there Surefire carrier. My main push to try them out was the price and also the turn around time. After looking at other companies i didnt want to wait weeks or months so i emailed Kytex and Brian, the owner, said turn around time was 3-5 days. I placed my order and received my package 5 days later.

+1 for Kytex Gear

I use them for CCW and on my belt rig:

Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330691253460?redirect=mobile

Ive tried these with nothing but good things to say. Plus the price you cant beat....Also if you contact the guy he gives you a discount on bulk orders....

Worth a look..

Isaac
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]
bravo concealment has always worked for me....
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#10]
It depends a tad on how you intend to use it...

If you intend for it to be a quick-addition carbine mag for your every day wear (in other words, going over your normal belt only when you decide to pack a rifle), then you probably want something that does not require taking the belt off to put it on. I find the Blade Tech is great for this. Also, the Blade Tech is ambi... It doesn't care which way you put the mag in. So if your left handed shooting buddy wants to barrow it, it'll work for him.

For duty use (thrown on at the begging of the day, and not removed until you undress) or such, a carbine mag holder that has a simple loop arrangement without a quick-attach means can be both thinner and more comfortable. The Raven Concealment version is excellent for this. The Raven Concealment version must be ordered in the desired configuration, though, as it will only accept the magazine in one orientation.

Now, if you're looking for a mag holder to go on a MOLLE/PALs battle-belt or similar such thing, you're looking for a different creature altogether.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Generally speaking I like the Kytex and Ready Tactical for belt wear. The Raven stuff is nice too, I have and use all three.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Im getting some custom ones in the works that is like this. Working to get it a little more slim and contoured to my smaller frame ( 5' 3'). Something you might want to look into. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks to everyone for the advice and options.  I had no idea there were so many other quality options out there.

Kytex looks like a great route I'd never considered (Thankyou for that!).  After investigating their website, I saw the YouTube video reviews that they posted and it really pointed something out to me I hadn't thought of that would be an issue.  I'm not a big guy and don't have alot of waistline real-estate.  Those Kytex pouches appear to take up much less real-estate and might be a much better option for me.  Its hard to tell without actually ordering any yet, but just based on the video, I wish they rode a bit higher on the beltline as it looks like if they are positioned forward of 9 o'clock on my waistline they might ride up if I crouch or bend over.

What do you guys think of the Kytex PMag pouches?  It looks like they are "open" in the center...do they apply enough pressure to hold the mags securetly?  Has anyone had any problems with them?

The Hideous Holsters looks very nice as well with some very reasonable prices, although their website is a bit odd to navigate and I'm not real fond of paying by PayPal.  Personal preference.

I'm still looking into that SKD Ready Tactical solution you guys posted as well.

Thanks also for posting those great pictures!  Some nice rigs.

Thanks again for all the good options and advice
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I have one of the Pmag pouches. It doesn't look all that substantial but it's really very sturdy. I haven't had any problems with it. Very low profile, and easy on and off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#15]
DSGarms also has a line of kydex holsters and mag pouches/
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 for Kytex Gear

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/7585/dsc0171.png

Are those just the standard Kytex gear PMAG pouches? Or did you have to get specialones for the 20 rounders?
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Edited...VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 for Kytex Gear

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/7585/dsc0171.png

Are those just the standard Kytex gear PMAG pouches? Or did you have to get specialones for the 20 rounders?

They're the standard ones
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#20]
i saw this on travis haley fb, bulky but looks handy

Link Posted: 3/13/2012 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Take a look at these...I'm impressed. I just ordered three and will post a review when I get them. Its just his youtube vid for now. His sight is under construction right now. Send him a message there and he will hook you up. Great guy to deal with.

Link
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Take a look at these...I'm impressed. I just ordered three and will post a review when I get them. Its just his youtube vid for now. His sight is under construction right now. Send him a message there and he will hook you up. Great guy to deal with.

Link

those look pretty cool, what did they run i did not see any prices

Link Posted: 3/14/2012 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

those look pretty cool, what did they run i did not see any prices

If you look at some of his video and comments he list the price. Contact him and he will set you up. I ordere 5 total when I was done.
Link Posted: 3/15/2012 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#24]
G Code!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top