Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2011 5:49:17 PM EDT
Any of you guys have one of these? Can ya post some picks of how you have it set up?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 6/7/2011 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one, what would you like to know?

Link Posted: 6/7/2011 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have one, what would you like to know?

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/daemon734/DSCF1116.jpg

I was going to ask why you would need a metal detector, then I saw the patch...
Link Posted: 6/8/2011 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been wanting to get one as a small day pack/BOB. For $100 they seem like the perfect choice.
Link Posted: 6/8/2011 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a great pack/pouch.  Very versatile.  I liked the upgraded shoulder straps on mine.  I got rid of it awhile back, and it's one of the few pieces of gear I wish I still had.  It's just top notch.
Link Posted: 6/8/2011 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
That is what I am thinking of getting one for. Just dont know if it is too small. I might go for the ATS Raid II.
Link Posted: 6/9/2011 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/9/2011 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
The E&E is more similar in size to the now discontinued ATS Cobra pack...
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have an older gen 1 model. It's a great small simple pack. Never used the newer ones  

I think a raid is a fair bit bigger

Yeah, I think a "Raid" size pack will suit me better. I'm wanting to pack a full set of clothes, extra socks and shit like that along with survival gear to throw in my patrol unit. The other day I tied up in the manhunt of a murder subject in swamp and rice fields. Would have been nice to change into a set of BDU's rather than sweating my balls off in my class b's for 10 hours. I want to go a small as possible. Do you think a E&E would suit my needs or should I kick out for the Raid? Going to make a choice here in a few days.
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sounds kinda small. I'll stuff a set of bdus in mine tonight and take a picture. The RAID is one of the few assault packs I don't own

The E&E is not very big, its meant to augment another pack.  I like it because it is small.  I have two side pouches on it.  For long hauls I can clip it to my armor, or I can use the straps for quicker movements. I use it as a demolition bag, it holds a couple rolls of shock tube, about 10 blocks of C4, and a couple blocks of TNT.  The sides pouches are great for my evidence kit and things like detcord and chemlights.

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys. Pics would be great Aimless.

I want to stay as compact as possible due to lack of room in my trunk and if its too big then I have to buy more stuff to fill it lol. I'm thinking this pack might ride even end up in the passenger floor board area. The little E&E pack I could possibly stuff with the clothes and attach a few pouches on the outside for basic shtf gear I guess. Once my cloths are changed I could toss in a couple spare mags and water and bug out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds kinda small. I'll stuff a set of bdus in mine tonight and take a picture. The RAID is one of the few assault packs I don't own

The E&E is not very big, its meant to augment another pack.  I like it because it is small.  I have two side pouches on it.  For long hauls I can clip it to my armor, or I can use the straps for quicker movements. I use it as a demolition bag, it holds a couple rolls of shock tube, about 10 blocks of C4, and a couple blocks of TNT.  The sides pouches are great for my evidence kit and things like detcord and chemlights.

How much weight is all that stuff? Have you tried wearing it using the straps? Comfortable with all that gear?
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

How much weight is all that stuff? Have you tried wearing it using the straps? Comfortable with all that gear?

I wear it all the time.  I'd say it weighs about 30-40lbs.  The straps are really skinny and not meant for extended use, but I like it that way because they stow easily when I want to clip it to my larger ruck or to my body armor.   I will take some more detailed pics tomorrow of the insides.

Here's a shitty pic of me wearing it, its the only one I have with it on.

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Aimless,

How does the Grey Ghost/Tac tailor Lightweight Assault pack compare sizewise to the Kifaru E&E?

I already have a ton of packs, but the E&E seems to be a nice fit for a lightweight pack with compression straps.  The straps on the Grey Ghost look more like a camelbak straps and I always find those uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 1:58:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hot damn, Aimless! Cool collection of packs!!

From left to right. What are we looking at here?

Link Posted: 6/11/2011 3:50:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I also have the E&E and it is my pack I reach for when I want to go light..  I mean.. it is strapped to the Kifaru ruck (GEN 1 MMR) and I just dump the ruck at the camp and go out and about in the bush with the E&E..  The only clothing I have in the E&E is a extra pair of socks...Mostly have maps, compass, tools, extra energy bars, filter and water bottle..

If I was carrying more all day.. I would prefer a pack with a suspension.  Maybe a Kifaru Marauder/X-Ray ????
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 4:04:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 4:08:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the pics Aimless. Impressive collection you have their my friend. It appears I am going to have to step up to a bigger pack. Hate to take this thread off topic but do any of you guys have experience with the Camelbak Talon? I have read a few mixed reviews and browsed a few threads here and there.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Thanks for the pics Aimless. Impressive collection you have their my friend. It appears I am going to have to step up to a bigger pack. Hate to take this thread off topic but do any of you guys have experience with the Camelbak Talon? I have read a few mixed reviews and browsed a few threads here and there.

Thanks,

If you are planning on putting unforms/gear in the pack I have found its much easier to use a deployment/duffle/kit style bag for that.  Its a huge PITA getting boots and larger items like vests or loaded belts into a backpack along with a spare uniform, mainly just because of the shape of the average backpack.

If you really want something that will be easy to carry on your back, my teammate carries an eberlestock FAC and i think it would be good for stuff like that, because it has the ability to open from the top as well as the side. Its also pretty spacious, but narrow so it doesnt take up much space.  I have a halftrack and its wider on the sides and doesn't open at the top.

I do have a maxpedition vulture, and even at 2200cu I can fit a spare uniform and socks/tshirt, but its pretty full at that point.  I like to carry an extra set of boots or even just some running shoes to change into from my duty boots, and its a tight fit.

For a vehicle I would lean more towards a deployment bag, like these pictured.  Most of them have backpack straps to be carried in a pinch anyway.

eagle sigma bag

TT large multi purpose bag

Link Posted: 6/11/2011 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#22]
I had been using a duffel bag for a while but Its just to big to leave in my unit 24/7. I ride solo mostly but I work a lot of special details where I am assigned a partner. When this happens I need room in the trunk for my seat caddy, patrol bag, chest rig and other stuff that normally rides in the passenger seat. Plus what the other deputy is toting with him/her.

I think I am going to try the Camelbak Talon. Big enough for a change of clothes, on board hydration but not so big to get in the way.
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hot damn, Aimless! Cool collection of packs!!

From left to right. What are we looking at here?

That's just the top of my "closet of packs" At least they are cheaper than building yet more rifles

Um, Kifaru E&E, Tactical Tailor "removeable operator pack", Camelbak Hawg, another Tactical Tailor "lightweight operator pack" the larger one from Grey ghost I'm not sure of the exact name. Camelbak Lynchpin, Kifaru Marauder, Camelbak Urban Assault Concelaed, Camelbak Tri-Zip

I wanna see the rest of that closet..

Hey, on those 'lightweight TT' (aka GGO variant) packs, how do you like that lightweight material that they used? Does it look like it will take any kind of abuse? Does it feel cheap to the touch? Any other thoughts on the 300D-ish material?
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Well I was actually looking at the Talon for a few weeks then I got caught out on that search I mentioned above. While out their sweating my balls off I was thinking what would have been nice to have. I came home and started looking at smaller packs like the E&E and the TT ROP. But for some reason the Talon was calling. I actually just got one cheap of Egay. Guy had $140.00 or "best offer." I took a shot in the dark and sent him a low ball offer of $75.00. I was shocked when he accepted it within just a few minutes lol.

I may still get the E&E later on any way. I will have no trouble finding a use for it I'm sure.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I use mine plane jane style. It works great for training classes or any place I might need to carry some extra mags,water,food,random gear etc. I use the shit out of mine.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 2:42:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Finally got some pics of the inside of the  bag loaded up.

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 3:07:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I got my Talon yesterday. It's a nifty bag although it is a little large for what I had in mind. Pretty sure I will get a lot of good use out of it but I wont be in a EDC type of role. I think I'm going to kick out for the E&E. What the hell? It's only $100. lol
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I got my Talon yesterday. It's a nifty bag although it is a little large for what I had in mind. Pretty sure I will get a lot of good use out of it but I wont be in a EDC type of role. I think I'm going to kick out for the E&E. What the hell? It's only $100. lol

I thought that when I bought my E&E years ago, I know own nearly every Kifaru pack it's kind of like saying you'll buy an AR but no accessories, good luck

I know exactly what you mean bro. Once you start, you cant stop lol.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Finally got some pics of the inside of the  bag loaded up.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m303/daemon734/DSCF1227.jpg

Hey daemon, what are the small bags you have on the sides of the pack in this pic?
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#35]
That is what it looks like to me too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Can you post some pics of the talon just so we can see some details on it?

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

That is what it looks like to me too.

Yep

Link Posted: 7/23/2011 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you post some pics of the talon just so we can see some details on it?

Only pic I have available of it at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#39]
What's the appeal? I've never heard of em before. Is it just a backpack with PALS webbing on it?
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 12:45:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What's the appeal? I've never heard of em before. Is it just a backpack with PALS webbing on it?

I assume you are refering to the Camelbak?

Well I got a great deal on it. Yeah, it's pretty much just like every other bag except the pocketed beaver tail. It makes storing extra gear outside the bag without having to add more shit or carry a larger bag then whats needed most of the time. Plus ike other Camelbaks its designed around the "hydration." I don't get all wound up about it or anything. lol
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 1:18:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Nah, I meant the Kifaru bag.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Plissken, I'll offer my thoughts: I've been in the market for a small pack for a while. I have a ton of packs (not as many as Aimless) and sometimes you only need a small, easy to lug pack.
For instance, the Alice pack sucks in general, and is way to big for most uses.
My camelbak BFM is great as a true 3-day pack. Not so much for daily use.
I had a camelbak mule, operative word being 'had.' It was just to small to be useful to me. Basically two SAW pouches sewn to a camelbak.

So I arrive at packs around the 1000 cu-in mark. Not a replacement for 3-day packs; useful as a 'daypack.' imagine that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Mine was the perfect size for what I needed in a demolition bag. If I needed to bring a larger rucksack with me as well I just clipped the E&E to it and called it a day.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm planning on ording the E&E on the first(payday). Can't m,ake up mind if I want foilage or black...
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm definitely interested on it - is there a good place to get it for cheaper than Kifaru's site, or should I just go through them?
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm definitely interested on it - is there a good place to get it for cheaper than Kifaru's site, or should I just go through them?

They are built to order. Unless you find a used one, you must order from Kifaru direct.

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Here it is riding shotgun next to the Larue "Go Bag."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top