BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Is one with backpack straps out of the question? I've always hated attaching the camel pack to the armor. I like to be able to just slip it off to refill in the field.
View Quote
I'm actually thinking about just using a Haley Flatpack and the little Source reservoir they designed it for. It snaps right into my Haley DC3R and is super light, but can expand to carry a stripped down MRE, my wet weather top and my solar charger.

If I need more water than just what's in the bladder, I'll take my Camelbak Chute off my ruck and fill it from the water buffalo.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By vjf915:
Those of you running the Slickster, what do you do for hydration?  The only thing I could find online is that they make a rear plate pocket that has molle on it, but that's a pretty steep add-on.  Any other options other than throwing a water bottle in one of the side pockets?
View Quote
Ferro just teamed up with REFactor Tactical to come up with the Advanced Slickster, which has a lot of new features while retaining the ability to run it super low-pro.

It's a hundred dollars more than a regular Slickster, but the back is laser cut MOLLE, and it has a number of features that have me itching to get one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 9:07:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Remyrw] [#3]
Originally Posted By doubleclaw:

Ferro just teamed up with REFactor Tactical to come up with the Advanced Slickster, which has a lot of new features while retaining the ability to run it super low-pro.

It's a hundred dollars more than a regular Slickster, but the back is laser cut MOLLE, and it has a number of features that have me itching to get one.
View Quote
That may be exactly what I want. I have been looking at the Slickster but was going to add molle back as well to attach a pack or at least some larger storage pouches on occasion. I'll have to keep an eye out for the new version. I like that it's laser cut not webbing since that is usually flatter and less grabby when not in use. To me the primary benefit of the Slickster is that it's discrete under a light jacket or sweatshirt if left clean front and back. That's far more likely for me than loaded down.

ETA: ouch. $300 is a significant bump over the base Slickster. But I guess $155 plus the molle back is another $100 so it's basically $50 for the other improvements. I'd be cutting off most of those wiring loops but some of the other tweaks do look interesting. Particularly the admin pouch and radio pouch. I wouldn't mind a bit more space in the admin pocket but even enough room to stick some cash and a laminated information card or two is good.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 5:12:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thasiccness] [#4]
I didn’t want to create a thread on this, so I figured I’d ask here. I have some 11x14 sapi plates and am trying figure out what PC to put’em in. I don’t need operator level shit but need something I can train, run, hike and of course have for the “just in case” scenario.

I’ve been looking at this one and wanted to know peoples thoughts, suggestions etc. thanks

https://www.beezcombatsystems.com/Plate-Carrier-Cumber-II-BCS-PC-CII-500-SSP.htm

I’m trying not to go over the 250.00 mark.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By thasiccness:
I didn't want to create a thread on this, so I figured I'd ask here. I have some 11x14 sapi plates and am trying figure out what PC to put'em in. I don't need operator level shit but need something I can train, run, hike and of course have for the "just in case" scenario.

I've been looking at this one and wanted to know peoples thoughts?

https://www.beezcombatsystems.com/Plate-Carrier-Cumber-II-BCS-PC-CII-500-SSP.htm

I'm trying not to go over the 250.00 mark.
View Quote
Beez is decent enough. Don't have much to say about that carrier specifically.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ares1320] [#6]
Has anyone ever tried fitting the RMA LVL 3+ plates into a Slickster? The guy at Ferro said they might fit, just curious if anyone has actually tried it or is running with them. If not any suggestions on a carrier that's like the Slickster that would hold those thick plates?
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ares1320:
Has anyone ever tried fitting the RMA LVL 3+ plates into a Slickster? The guy at Ferro said they might fit, just curious if anyone has actually tried it or is running with them. If not any suggestions on a carrier that's like the Slickster that would hold those thick plates?
View Quote
I don't think they'll fit. I think they'll be too thick. My buddy has an older pair of triple curve 10×12 Safariland's that are about 0.8" thick that he wanted to try in my medium Slickster and they just barely fit.

Not to hijack, but does anyone know if his plates are serviceable? I think the sticker on the back said they're level IV NIJ 01.01.03. What's the difference in newer standards? They were never worn. They were a backup set that sat in a closeout, he got from his uncle that was on county SWAT many years ago. They're pretty freaking light for older tech level IV. About 6 pounds or so.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]
With the theme of the current conversation here I have a question. I am planning to get some LTC plates from Hoplite. They are listed as 1.1" thick. I know medium JPCs have trouble with thicker plates like RMA or LTC/Hoplite that are sized nominally for the plate bag. Would the same be true enough for the 6094 that I should consider downsizing to smalls to fit the carrier? For the record, I am of a build where either plate will cover my vital organs adequately.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ARgunner0210:
With the theme of the current conversation here I have a question. I am planning to get some LTC plates from Hoplite. They are listed as 1.1" thick. I know medium JPCs have trouble with thicker plates like RMA or LTC/Hoplite that are sized nominally for the plate bag. Would the same be true enough for the 6094 that I should consider downsizing to smalls to fit the carrier? For the record, I am of a build where either plate will cover my vital organs adequately.
View Quote
I would imagine the 6094 has a roomier plate pocket. Most carriers I've had have had what I'd call overly roomy pockets. It's the low profile style of carrier you typically have to be more careful with, like the JPC and Slickster, as that general style of carrier seems to have pockets that trend towards being tight.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ARgunner0210:
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Got-my-RMA-1092-III-plates-today-Little-review-JPC-2-0-fit-results-posted/10-497422/&page=3#i5129553
The RMA fit the 6094 perfectly fine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#11]
First plate carrier. Just came in.

Ferro Concepts Slickster
Hesco 4401's
Haley Strategic DC3RM

Still have to do some basic medical.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#12]
hadnt had a rig in a while grabbed an ar500 holiday deal a few months back and did a budgety setup for the time being

still more to do, get a better radio, etc

Link Posted: 9/11/2019 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sfljohn:
hadnt had a rig in a while grabbed an ar500 holiday deal a few months back and did a budgety setup for the time being

still more to do, get a better radio, etc

https://i.imgur.com/7ECBYlU.jpg
View Quote
Are you a cop?
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Are you a cop?
View Quote
ArE YoU a CoP?
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AZ2A:
ArE YoU a CoP?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Are you a cop?
ArE YoU a CoP?
This sounds like a question a cop would ask.......
I think ur a cop.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 3:28:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#16]
Originally Posted By MrPlayer:

I think ur a cop.
View Quote
I'll be whatever you want me to be Shane

Anywayyyy....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Gear by J M, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#18]

ArE YoU a CoP?
View Quote
Originally Posted By MrPlayer:

I think ur a cop.
View Quote
Sorry guys, It wasn't meant to be a douche question. It was just in relation to his comms setup.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Sorry guys, It wasn't meant to be a douche question. It was just in relation to his comms setup.
View Quote
A baofeng with a $5 hand mic and $13 chinese tapemeasure antenna screams cop?
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
View All Quotes

That's why I asked. I know some departments are hard up but geeze.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Would like to add 1-2 more TQs and a small IFAK to the cummerbund.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 4:12:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Replaced my beat up JPC 2.0 with a JPC 1.0.

- JPC 1.0
- Hesco 4800LV
- Hesco L110 side plates
- Saber Solutions Horizontal Lower Panel w/ TYR PRC-152 pouch
- Saber Solutions JPC/AVS Tubes Adapter Kit
- Blue Force Gear TQ now
- FirstSpear Glock pistol reload
- TYR tactical small GP pouch

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad I checked this thread out. Gonna order One of the first spear tubes adapters to see how it works. I love the idea of the tubes, and anytime I’ve been able to handle a first spear vest I really liked em. Hoping it works almost as good as If it were a first spear vest setup
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By j-moose32:
Glad I checked this thread out. Gonna order One of the first spear tubes adapters to see how it works. I love the idea of the tubes, and anytime I’ve been able to handle a first spear vest I really liked em. Hoping it works almost as good as If it were a first spear vest setup
View Quote
Works just as well (if not better ) and allows for full use of all the PALS columns. I tend to mount it at the 2nd column so I can have a single column to mount a TQ to limit the wasted space taken up by the tubes buckle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By patriot_man:
Works just as well (if not better ) and allows for full use of all the PALS columns. I tend to mount it at the 2nd column so I can have a single column to mount a TQ to limit the wasted space taken up by the tubes buckle.
View All Quotes
I’m trying to piece together an AVS setup now. Will it work with any of the cummerbund setups?  With soft armor etc ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 9:57:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#26]

I’m trying to piece together an AVS setup now. Will it work with any of the cummerbund setups?  With soft armor etc ?
View Quote
I've only tested with the AVS/JPC skeletal cummerbunds. The JPC 6" x 6" side plate pouch and JPC long side armor pouch will work woven into the cummerbund in conjunction with the adapter. Are you getting the harness with the AVS? If so, I  believe won't be getting the pouches that weave into cummerbund, instead would be the AVS pouches that slide into the harness arms instead.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 6:30:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#27]
Spiritus systems lv119 overt
Hybrid cummerbund setup (1 molle tube, 1 6” advanced)
Spiritus systems microfight
Spiritus systems gp pouch
Trex arms tq holder
Esapis
Very comfortable setup

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 4:59:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DoorEKk] [#29]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

Does that big GP pouch not affect your draw for your pistol?
View Quote
It’s actually slimmer than it looks and a bit more forward then my holster. Unless I’m in some weird, tight position say maybe doing vehicle drills or something it doesn’t interfere with my draw. I had it on the rear few rows on the cummerbund and it was actually more in the way for me that way then this way.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By dmjerrywest44:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48802453246_47147a81cf_h.jpgGear by J M, on Flickr
View Quote
@dmjerrywest44

Details man!! You can't just post that without giving details!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#31]
The beginning of a top to bottom remake of all my gear.  AWS OCPC

Link Posted: 10/17/2019 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Would like to add 1-2 more TQs and a small IFAK to the cummerbund.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/414212/C3BE3BE1-6307-4FCE-BB17-0E16B435C9E7_jpeg-1107088.JPG
View Quote
What mag pouches are these?
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Velocity Sys with Haley D3. Gotta get lighter plates and make a few changes,... might get better shoulder pads to aid in comfort. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#35]
I really need to order those tubes from you.  They would make the JPC perfect.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By D-RAS03:

View Quote
How much do they run? Are they relatively simple to install? I think I'd be interested too.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
The Tubes system really depends n your application with the kit.  If your vest is for weekend airsoft, or taking a class where you put the vest on in a sterile safe environment then it works well.  If you have to take your vest on and off several times a day or while running in a hostile environment then I suggest staying clear.

I tried a tubes system on my vest and after 6 months I was ready to throw it away.  If you don't have them lined up perfectly they area bitch to get setup.  And the pull strings to release the tube would get stuck in it.  Too many times I was fighting to get my vest on and trailing behind.

I switched to a cobra buckle system and it's ten times better.  Still not the best (I miss the old belly strap and side velcro straps but I digress) but it is definitely faster than the tubes.

Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
How much do they run? Are they relatively simple to install? I think I'd be interested too.
View All Quotes

@YaBoyKG Look here. they have instructions and looks pretty easy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

Thanks for linking it. Please keep in mind that it is for the original JPC - the 2.0 has different construction for the cummerbund. Or you can pick up an AVS cummerbund to replace the one on the 2.0 and those are easy to sell in my experience.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:39:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: D-RAS03] [#40]
Thanks for linking it. Please keep in mind that it is for the original JPC - the 2.0 has different construction for the cummerbund. Or you can pick up an AVS cummerbund to replace the one on the 2.0 and those are easy to sell in my experience.
View All Quotes

You're welcome, I didn't know it was only for the 1.0 I have the 2.0 and was getting ready to buy.  Is it possible to make it work with the 2.0?
Also you may want to put that it doesn't work on the 2.0 on the page I linked.  I see it says original JPC but it could use a bit more clarification.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#41]

You're welcome, I didn't know it was only for the 1.0 I have the 2.0 and was getting ready to buy.  Is it possible to make it work with the 2.0?
Also you may want to put that it doesn't work on the 2.0 on the page I linked.  I see it says original JPC but it could use a bit more clarification.
View Quote
Yeah would this work with a JPC 2.0?

Was looking to buy one but I have a JPC 2.0
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 1:13:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#42]

View All Quotes

You're right, I'll make a bigger note of that!

Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Yeah would this work with a JPC 2.0?

Was looking to buy one but I have a JPC 2.0
I will work if you don't take off the Velcro panel.

I'll be deconstructing a 2.0 cummerbund in the next few weeks to take a closer look and let ya know.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#43]

I'll be deconstructing a 2.0 cummerbund in the next few weeks to take a closer look and let ya know.
View Quote
ok thanks!
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Goback:

The Tubes system really depends n your application with the kit.  If your vest is for weekend airsoft, or taking a class where you put the vest on in a sterile safe environment then it works well.  If you have to take your vest on and off several times a day or while running in a hostile environment then I suggest staying clear.

I tried a tubes system on my vest and after 6 months I was ready to throw it away.  If you don't have them lined up perfectly they area bitch to get setup.  And the pull strings to release the tube would get stuck in it.  Too many times I was fighting to get my vest on and trailing behind.

I switched to a cobra buckle system and it's ten times better.  Still not the best (I miss the old belly strap and side velcro straps but I digress) but it is definitely faster than the tubes.

Just my 2 cents
View Quote
I am using a tubes retrofit on my PC for military use and I have not had the same experience.  I'm leaving one side constantly connected where I have my MBITR so I don't have to mess with the comms cables. So I can just throw one arm through and toss it over my head and i'm ready to go.  Grab the front of the PC with one hand, pull the cumberbund forward until hands touch and just slide it down.  Even if I had to grab a weapon and run somewhere the PC would basically be on until I had a chance to stop and secure it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

That's why I asked. I know some departments are hard up but geeze.
View Quote
lol, im just some jackass that owns some armor, the radio setup is temp till i spend some actual coin on it. but i have a racecar to build first. radio works to talk to my family who doesn't live far from me and nearby friends
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#46]
ok thanks!
View All Quotes

ok thanks!
2.0 works, just need to put together a modified instruction manual as the steps are slightly different.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#47]

2.0 works, just need to put together a modified instruction manual as the steps are slightly different.
View Quote
Great news. Thinking of moving to a JPC 2.0 but can't get away from my tubes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:54:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D-RAS03] [#48]
View All Quotes

ok thanks!
Thank you for doing that.

ETA: Link doesn't work on your site.  Not sure if you just haven't finished or not. I see you just posted
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Thank you for doing that.

ETA: Link doesn't work on your site.  Not sure if you just haven't finished or not. I see you just posted
View Quote
Should have it up by Friday!
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Sweeet!
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top