Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 12:32:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SKD_Tactical:

Mind expanding on this, here or Im/ DM. If there is something you can change on the carrier, what would it be. You can also tell me that you don't like us and that is perfectly acceptable too.

Regards,
SOS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wootizzle:
Can someone recommend me some plate carrier options?

I'd like a Crye cpc but that's a little out of my price range in all honesty. I'm not interested in the Skd one. I'll pay up to maybe $400.

I'm 6'4" 230. Looking for something comfortable and g2g.

I've considered the hsgi mpc and the lbt modular plate carrier. I just have no experience with them and don't want to buy it to return it due to fit. Anyone have any experience with these two or recommend others?

ThAnks in advance

Mind expanding on this, here or Im/ DM. If there is something you can change on the carrier, what would it be. You can also tell me that you don't like us and that is perfectly acceptable too.

Regards,
SOS

I refuse to buy anything from you solely on your asinine body armor sales policy.  I respect and understand your decision to do it, I just don't agree with it so I vote with my feet. From what I have seen you do make a great product tho. It is a shame you are losing out on market share because I am not the only person who feels this way, and no I'm not a criminal nor do I have any sort of record. Just not a fan of proving my innocence in order to purchase a 100% legal product.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:

I refuse to buy anything from you solely on your asinine body armor sales policy.  I respect and understand your decision to do it, I just don't agree with it so I vote with my feet. From what I have seen you do make a great product tho. It is a shame you are losing out on market share because I am not the only person who feels this way, and no I'm not a criminal nor do I have any sort of record. Just not a fan of proving my innocence in order to purchase a 100% legal product.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:

I'd like a Crye cpc but that's a little out of my price range in all honesty. I'm not interested in the Skd one. I'll pay up to maybe $400.

I've considered the hsgi mpc and the lbt modular plate carrier. I just have no experience with them and don't want to buy it to return it due to fit. Anyone have any experience with these two or recommend others?

ThAnks in advance

Regards,
SOS

Thanks for the heads Up!
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 9:24:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alphabavo] [#5]
Went in to the AR500 showroom today and picked up on of their micro carriers today. This thing is SMALL (exactly what I was looking for.).

Here it is on top of a full size plate carrier for comparison.

Link Posted: 3/10/2016 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Regards,
SOS
View Quote

I sent you a DM.. I think lol.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#7]
So I really just got into building a vest this past November, something I wanted to do for a while but due to lack of funds it just hadn't happened. I was originally going to go Condor, and I went to a flea market I saw on the roadside, and was able to trade some old WW2 gear I had packed away from when I was a kid, for this plus 70 bucks. (vest only) He also was selling a bunch of cool stuff, and had a bargain box where everything was 5 bucks. I got all the mag pouches, the admin pouch (brand new eagle), the radio pouch(brand new eagle, still looking for a decent radio to use, hoping for some suggestions for now I just put in an old Motorola we used to use at work), the 3 mag shingle and a Eagle breachers kit (no real use for this, but for the price and it being brand new I just couldn't say no) all for 35 bucks. I also got the Med kit fully stocked for 20. So for a grand total of 105 I got a IMTV with the soft backers and pouches. I'm pretty happy with it, now I'm working on getting 10 mags but in no real hurry. Any suggestions? I like the way I have it set up now, good arm mobility and a nice comfortable fit. Also working on getting a full set of plates, most likely steel because its what I can afford even though its pretty heavy.

Tacticool knife was free, flame away.

I may eventually trade it for a new lower profile vest, but for now its pretty decent I think.

Link Posted: 3/20/2016 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I FULLY understood. I commend your stance and I agree with it for the most part. I unfortunately will not change our policy as I would rather have a good guy jump through a few annoying hoops than make a quick easy buck off of a bad guy. Internet sales being what they are in anonymity for the most part, I can't sell my conscience for any amount of gold. I never want to look up a shooter and see that he was a customer of ours. Thank you for the honest response. I would point you towards First Spear as they have some fantastic offerings too.

Cheers,
SOS
View Quote

I think your policy is a PIA too, but it is your company. SKD is a great company to deal with.

As a customer I would like to make one recommendation regarding it. Some companies will accept a scan of a valid state issued LTC. Maybe SKD could consider modifying their policy?
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 4:48:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IWC71] [#10]

Completely reasonable request. I'll look into it.

SOS
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:
I FULLY understood. I commend your stance and I agree with it for the most part. I unfortunately will not change our policy as I would rather have a good guy jump through a few annoying hoops than make a quick easy buck off of a bad guy. Internet sales being what they are in anonymity for the most part, I can't sell my conscience for any amount of gold. I never want to look up a shooter and see that he was a customer of ours. Thank you for the honest response. I would point you towards First Spear as they have some fantastic offerings too.

Cheers,
SOS

I think your policy is a PIA too, but it is your company. SKD is a great company to deal with.

As a customer I would like to make one recommendation regarding it. Some companies will accept a scan of a valid state issued LTC. Maybe SKD could consider modifying their policy?

SOS

I'd second this. Tried to get the BG check through local LE contacts for classes in addition to attempting to comply with your policy. First they all questioned why I would even need armor and gave me the stink eye, never mind I'm a local business owner, college graduate, no record etc. In addition, when pressed l was told by two different command level officers that they couldn't do it per FBI guidelines for NCIC access since I wasn't officially detained/arrested with Reasonable Suspicion /Probable Cause to justify the review, like a a traffic stop or other valid reason. Very tight regs on accessing Federal databases through official channels that can lead to fines and criminal charges for doing this without PC/RAS for a suspected crime they told me. Don't have a LTC/CCW/CHL,but have provided a copy of US passport to prove citizenship to other armor providers in state and out for those purchases, who ran my info and gave me an all clear without getting treated as a second class citizen.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By IWC71:

I'd second this. Tried to get the BG check through local LE contacts for classes in addition to attempting to comply with your policy. First they all questioned why I would even need armor and gave me the stink eye, never mind I'm a local business owner, college graduate, no record etc. In addition, when pressed l was told by two different command level officers that they couldn't do it per FBI guidelines for NCIC access since I wasn't officially detained/arrested with Reasonable Suspicion /Probable Cause to justify the review, like a a traffic stop or other valid reason. Very tight regs on accessing Federal databases through official channels that can lead to fines and criminal charges for doing this without PC/RAS for a suspected crime they told me. Don't have a LTC/CCW/CHL,but have provided a copy of US passport to prove citizenship to other armor providers in state and out for those purchases, who ran my info and gave me an all clear without getting treated as a second class citizen.
View All Quotes

Cheers,
SOS

SOS

Guys, there's several companies out there that won't treat you like your a terrorist and assume your guilty until proven innocent. A few searches and you'll find them. Hoplite armor, and Midwest armor are the first off the top of my head.

This is America and I have the right to be treated like I am not automatically guilty of a crime until I prove I am a "good guy,'  especially when i t come to something that is defensive and unless thrown at someone cannot be used to harm someone.

These hoops are ridiculous at best, and won't stop jack. More of a feel good measure, to make them feel like they are doing something to stop terrorism.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JMC907:

Guys, there's several companies out there that won't treat you like your a terrorist and assume your guilty until proven innocent. A few searches and you'll find them. Hoplite armor, and Midwest armor are the first off the top of my head.

This is America and I have the right to be treated like I am not automatically guilty of a crime until I prove I am a "good guy,'  especially when i t come to something that is defensive and unless thrown at someone cannot be used to harm someone.

These hoops are ridiculous at best, and won't stop jack. More of a feel good measure, to make them feel like they are doing something to stop terrorism.

View All Quotes

Cheers,
SOS

SOS

SKD is a fantastic company and easily the best in this particular niche. I buy my armor elsewhere but 90% of my gear comes from them
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Cheers,
SOS

SOS

I'm not sure it has anything to do with trying to stop terrorism.  Rather, they're trying to minimize the risk they are opening themselves up to by selling body armor to civilians.  
ITAR regulations (and I'm sure several others) forbid the sale/export of body armor to non-Americans.  Same thing with night vision. Honestly, having to prove your citizenship to enjoy the freedoms our country provides...I'm OK with.  
Right or wrong, public perception is everything; it's the cards we've all been dealt.  They are simply trying to ensure they aren't sued out of existence if someone uses their product in a high-profile crime.  
(And let's face it, with today's media, any crime committed with body armor involved is gonna be elevated to high-profile)  
In a day and age where people are frivolously trying to sue gun manufacturers in spite of the fact that legally obtained firearms are subject to much more stringent rules and background checks, this seems like a reasonable precaution.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Edit:

for the up close and personal shit at night

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/980bpyz45/full/" target="_blank">http://s2.postimg.org/vjy4jcy89/20160218_001159.jpg</a>
free upload image
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TATBME:
<a href="http://postimg.org/image/mfv45679h/full/" target="_blank">http://s2.postimg.org/stk78fc5l/20160217_235129.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/z4u02l2rp/full/" target="_blank">http://s2.postimg.org/fzqqsto3t/20160218_000538.jpg</a>

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/js5nute85/full/" target="_blank">http://s2.postimg.org/tcpahp3k9/20160218_000549.jpg</a>

for the up close and personal shit at night

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/980bpyz45/full/" target="_blank">http://s2.postimg.org/vjy4jcy89/20160218_001159.jpg</a>
free upload image

Lovely trigger discipline.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#17]

I have a dedicated room with all my shooting things in there and i wanted a better way to
have my armor readily accessible while not having splinters from 2x4's getting stuck in it
nor did i want it stuffed in a drawer or laying on a shelf. so I built an armor "tree".

at work we use aluminum extrusion made for building things. so with permission i got busy.
the materials are relatively inexpensive anyway.

Once the armor is on the "tree" I leave one side open so i can dismount it and sling it on.
the "tree" is adjustable in height and can be bolted down and mounted any way you want, if that's your need.

the Mfr sells covers to have the ends of the extrusion nice and clean. I used them on the half round (4) and the 2 "feet" (4).

I like my carrier clean, as in not a bunch of stuff, so it only has 3 5.56 mags and 2 45. mags for my FNX 45 Tactical as well as a flashlight. that's all i need.

from the side it doesn't take up much room, and it is VERY stable as designed.

I would like to get some side plates, just because. you never know if the ban hammer will fall. better to have than not....
procrastinating on that one though.

I put this together last summer and never got around to posting. I figured others may have ideas to build similar.

materials used
I used 3pcs of 1 x 2 and 2pcs of 1 inch half round for the top. plus 4 brackets and the end covers. its all put together using T-nuts and screws. same as M lok.

I didn't like how using lumber, the shoulder pads, they are hanging on a corner of the wood. your shoulders don't have any corners,
that's why i used the 2  1-inch half rounds back to back. so the pads would hang on a smooth round surface similar to your shoulders.

the tree I made slightly height adjustable so the armor could rest ON the 2 feet if i wanted. or not.

whats pictured is

LBT 6094-A (should have got the B )
LBT insert for 3 5.56 mags, (forget the number?)
Bulletproofme Lvl 4 multicurve front , and a square multicurve back. the one they quote 6.7lbs @ $220 each.

I tried not to do a wall of text, we'll see how that goes when i hit submit...
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Please, let us return to the Plate Carrier pics, I miss them. If you want to discuss or bash the SKD Body Armor Policy, please do so in our sub forum. I generally check it every 1-2 days.
SKDTAC on AR15.com

Cheers,
SOS
View Quote

SOS, we need a group buy from you guys to push me into taking new pics of the gear.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 10:21:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATXSniper] [#19]
SKD: Back to the plate carrier thread. Heres my banshee plate carrier. This is older 1000d cordura model. Currently running level IV ESAPI plates and level III-A soft armor backers. I have level III-A soft armor cummerbund inserts that are not in at the moment. Trying to keep it as simple yet effective as possible.

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 11:46:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Yeah loving my liberty and freedom is

Your rhetoric is hilarious. I think you needed "it's a slippery slope" or maybe "SKD is letting the Terrorists win" type of slogan to really nail it home. Capitalism lets you spend your money where you want. BTW I am fairly certain I treated "Terrorist" way worse than having them fill out "feel good measure" paperwork. I still serve under our Flag, and do so happily everyday, SKD is a labor of love for me - that I do in my spare time, which increasingly takes up more and more of it.

Thank you to those that understand our position, whether or not you agree with it. We are all only as good as our word, and as I have said before, I won't sell my soul for any amount of gold. Making a sale isn't worth the possible 2nd and 3rd order effects.

These are my words, and not the owner of SKD.
SOS
View All Quotes

Yeah loving my liberty and freedom is

Your rhetoric is hilarious. I think you needed "it's a slippery slope" or maybe "SKD is letting the Terrorists win" type of slogan to really nail it home. Capitalism lets you spend your money where you want. BTW I am fairly certain I treated "Terrorist" way worse than having them fill out "feel good measure" paperwork. I still serve under our Flag, and do so happily everyday, SKD is a labor of love for me - that I do in my spare time, which increasingly takes up more and more of it.

Thank you to those that understand our position, whether or not you agree with it. We are all only as good as our word, and as I have said before, I won't sell my soul for any amount of gold. Making a sale isn't worth the possible 2nd and 3rd order effects.

SOS

I'm sure to those that have been indoctrinated into loving their servitude, my " rhetoric" would be hilarious. But I take my freedom very serious, and yes I do vote with my dollar.

My point was to try and show others, that they don't have to get a note from mom that says I am a good guy. And there are other freedom loving companies out there, that don't act like west Germany used to with a "paper please" attitude like everyone is a bad guy until proven innocent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#21]

ThAnks in advance

View Quote
Here's AWSInc US-made clone of LBT-6094 Plate Carrier for only $162 for XL ESAPI:

http://www.awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=52813
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 1:59:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Is there anything comparable to the AR500 micro plate carrier anywhere else?  

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Phong:
Is there anything comparable to the AR500 micro plate carrier anywhere else?  

https://gastatic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/AR500-Micro-8-400x266.jpg

View Quote

Grey ghost gear minimalist
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Your rhetoric is hilarious. I think you needed "it's a slippery slope" or maybe "SKD is letting the Terrorists win" type of slogan to really nail it home. Capitalism lets you spend your money where you want. BTW I am fairly certain I treated "Terrorist" way worse than having them fill out "feel good measure" paperwork. I still serve under our Flag, and do so happily everyday, SKD is a labor of love for me - that I do in my spare time, which increasingly takes up more and more of it

SOS
View Quote

I don't understand. It's a liberal argument.  Sell my soul?!!!  Give me a break. If I sell a guy a gun and he does something terrible with it I wouldn't feel bad. HE made that decision. It's as simple as that.

But like you said, we have a choice and I'll never prove my innocence to anyone. Thanks for the post. I never knew your stance before. I'm sure you won't miss the hundreds a year I spend with you but I'll stop just the same. Attitudes like your just give the grabbers more ammo. "See?!  SDK is "reasonable"!!! They make people prove their innocence". Even though the guns from some of the recent shootings have be obtained legally. Didn't stop them did it.

Makes zero sense.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 8:38:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jpl85295] [#25]
My set up. Almost done I think

AR PSA upper, Guntec rail, laser max uni IR, PA 2.5 ACSS, MFT stock
NV: Armasight Spark Core.  It's ok for now.

Banshee carrier
Ar500armor lvl 4 ceramics
Hsgi shoulder pads
Strike industries sling catch
Camelbak Armorbak hydrator
TT MSM admin pack filled with typical admin stuff
RollyPoly dump pouch
RealAvid Multi tool
Ar500armor EPIK
TT universal mag pouches. With belt I can hold 13 AR 30 rounders. Typical loud out is 3 in PC 2 in belt
BFG TQ now with CAT7
Condor radio holder.
Was going to get a Boafeng $25 radio but I did some research and I guess I need a license to transmit. And for some reason guys who are involved in that hobby act like jerks.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 8:45:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jpl85295] [#26]
Sorry.  2000 limit.

The belt

After spending way to much on the PC I toned it down for the belt. This stuff is for classes and SHTF so I figured I'd try Condor. I know, I know.

But so far so good. The only thing that broke almost immediately, just from wearing it around the house, the freakin plastic Buckley broke on the belt. So I replaced it with the nice connectors in the pic. They cost 3 times more than the belt lol. Going to replace the ones on the drop leg too.

Condor inner belt
Condor Battle belt
TT universal mag pouch
Condor pistol mag pouches
Condor dump pouch
Condor IFAK pouch
BFG TQ now. CAT7 in route to me now
Armasight pouch I use for admin

The contents from the EPIK on my PC
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Jpl85295:

I don't understand. It's a liberal argument.  Sell my soul?!!!  Give me a break. If I sell a guy a gun and he does something terrible with it I wouldn't feel bad. HE made that decision. It's as simple as that.

But like you said, we have a choice and I'll never prove my innocence to anyone. Thanks for the post. I never knew your stance before. I'm sure you won't miss the hundreds a year I spend with you but I'll stop just the same. Attitudes like your just give the grabbers more ammo. "See?!  SDK is "reasonable"!!! They make people prove their innocence". Even though the guns from some of the recent shootings have be obtained legally. Didn't stop them did it.

Makes zero sense.  

View All Quotes

Your rhetoric is hilarious. I think you needed "it's a slippery slope" or maybe "SKD is letting the Terrorists win" type of slogan to really nail it home. Capitalism lets you spend your money where you want. BTW I am fairly certain I treated "Terrorist" way worse than having them fill out "feel good measure" paperwork. I still serve under our Flag, and do so happily everyday, SKD is a labor of love for me - that I do in my spare time, which increasingly takes up more and more of it

SOS

Makes zero sense.  

I understand SKDs stance 100%.  If body armor was used in a crime and was traced back to being bought from SKD that's something I would not want to see in a headline if it was my company.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By D-RAS03:

I understand SKDs stance 100%.  If body armor was used in a crime and was traced back to being bought from SKD that's something I would not want to see in a headline if it was my company.
View All Quotes

SOS

Makes zero sense.  

It's a sad commentary on our society, but any sane and sensible company should take steps to cover their ass.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:23:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D-RAS03] [#30]
Current setup:

I think I will be taking off the admin pouch but I think my setup is a lot better than when I first set it up

Old setup:

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D-RAS03] [#32]
Originally Posted By DallasLooterShooter:

What is the electrical tape for?
View All Quotes

That was the old setup. I was just showing a picture of when I got everything and set it up just to compare now and then. But I had it on there as I use electrical tape for just about everything. Now I have a small roll in my pack. Or did you mean on my front plate?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:35:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DallasLooterShooter] [#33]

That was the old setup. I was just showing a picture of when I got everything and set it up just to compare now and then. But I had it on there as I use electrical tape for just about everything. Now I have a small roll in my pack.
View All Quotes

That was the old setup. I was just showing a picture of when I got everything and set it up just to compare now and then. But I had it on there as I use electrical tape for just about everything. Now I have a small roll in my pack.

What do you use it for?  Maybe I can pick up a few ideas.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:40:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D-RAS03] [#34]

View All Quotes

Any tears in clothing, boots, tie up any wires I had running if they got in the way, in case my flashlight mount failed I could attach it till I could get it properly fixed.  Really a thousand things it can be used for when out in the field when you can't go home and fix it the right way.  There are more times I used it but can't think of anymore at the moment. That and duct tape can be lifesavers in my book.

ETA: Now that I'm thinking of it again I may add it back to my carrier.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 1:25:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: schaffer] [#36]
Millions of uses for electrical tape. From taping parts of chemlights to control exposure or for marking to det cord wraps where you don't have time for a proper yule knot. I also carry a roll of electrical tape but mine was always hanging from my belt. Definately a piece of gear on all my kit.

SOS
View Quote

I just just loop some shock cord through the roll and tie if off on my plate carrier. I know some guys who have few yards of duct tape on a small roll or folded flat. A little bit of tape goes a long way in a pinch.

Old picture of my set-up but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:

I'm not sure it has anything to do with trying to stop terrorism.  Rather, they're trying to minimize the risk they are opening themselves up to by selling body armor to civilians.  
ITAR regulations (and I'm sure several others) forbid the sale/export of body armor to non-Americans.  Same thing with night vision. Honestly, having to prove your citizenship to enjoy the freedoms our country provides...I'm OK with.  
Right or wrong, public perception is everything; it's the cards we've all been dealt.  They are simply trying to ensure they aren't sued out of existence if someone uses their product in a high-profile crime.  
(And let's face it, with today's media, any crime committed with body armor involved is gonna be elevated to high-profile)  
In a day and age where people are frivolously trying to sue gun manufacturers in spite of the fact that legally obtained firearms are subject to much more stringent rules and background checks, this seems like a reasonable precaution.  
View Quote

I don't normally get involved in the political squabble outside of GD but I'll make an exception to agree. As someone who's bought probably over a grand worth of stuff from SKD, including plates, the last thing I want to see is a company which has been so supportive to ARFCOM, its members, and shooting as a whole to go down in flames because someone like Hillary decides to make an example of them after some whack job buys some plates and decides to take out some racially motivated nonsense in another "gun free zone" or some BLM retard decides "fuck da poo-lice" and declares war on the boys in blue.

We don't have many political allies who will speak up to defend us in those instances (Sandy Hook aftermath showed we have a few, but not many).

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:35:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jpl85295] [#38]
My last post. I made one but didn't post it before but since the topic won't die.

Feel good measures don't stop bad people from obtaining stuff.

They don't stop people who "pass" feel good measures from doing bad stuff.

As for covering Thier ass. I "get it". But it's not well thought out. Do you guys really think the news is going to take it easy on SDK and say, " well they tried to prevent this with a good guy check". Nope. They will either ignore it and not even mention it, OR say it wasn't enough and SDK was just doing it for show. You guys have seen the news in action,   They will lie, embellish, ignore.

Just my 02, but I'm not going to lose sales and take food out of my family's mouth because I'm trying to "protect" business from negative publicity when I KNOW, for a FACT, they will lie and embellish anyway. Won't do it. You could send a huge body guard with every set of plates you sell to babysit the people who buy them and it still won't stop that person if they want to do something wrong. It's a false argument at its worst IMO.

And this might even be a moot point. Did the news say anything about where the couple in CA got their gear?

Ah well. Not GD. Back to PC's.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#39]
I really don't feel like this is the place to flame or defend a company and their practices,  right, wrong or indifferent.  Create a thread rather than hijacking one about something else, IMHO.

Back to topic:

PIC THREAD (craptastic pic and all)

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Kiltakaze plate carrier Mod 87. I think I finally found my perfect set up and now I can switch between AR and 308 mags easy
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:
Kiltakaze plate carrier Mod 87. I think I finally found my perfect set up and now I can switch between AR and 308 mags easy
<a href="http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/psouthern1214/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160408_150948_zpsqimvdqw7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s400/psouthern1214/Mobile%20Uploads/20160408_150948_zpsqimvdqw7.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks good.  Does your IFAK have a pull out tray?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By silver_back110:

View All Quotes
<a href="http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/psouthern1214/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160408_150948_zpsqimvdqw7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s400/psouthern1214/Mobile%20Uploads/20160408_150948_zpsqimvdqw7.jpg</a>

Yes, and it can deploy from either side or I can just unvelcro the sheath for it and it falls free. Very easy witj either hand
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Here's a new plate carrier and .308 mag pouch I just got from Beez Combat Systems:
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Yes, and it can deploy from either side or I can just unvelcro the sheath for it and it falls free. Very easy witj either hand
View All Quotes

I like the look of that trauma kit. Who makes it?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By lew:

View All Quotes

http://www.raventacticalgear.com/rtg_store.php.html
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

http://www.raventacticalgear.com/rtg_store.php.html

Thanks for the link, brother.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Man I really like that. My only tiny concern would be if I was sitting a lot and constantly putting pressure and movement on the wrappers inside of it. At least in the position you have it in.

Is that a non issue?  I really like it and I like where you placed it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Man I really like that. My only tiny concern would be if I was sitting a lot and constantly putting pressure and movement on the wrappers inside of it. At least in the position you have it in.

View All Quotes

Same question cause I'd love to move my IFAK from the side of my vest so I can move my radio over and have my armpit free, lol
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 3:55:50 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

So far it's a non issue, but I also don't wear it super often. When I do wear it it's comfortable and I've noticed no issues with any packaging on the contents. I inspect them a couple times a month
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 3:56:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Thanks for the link, brother.
View Quote

No problem
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top