Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I figured if I leave it mostly full, but with room to expand, then I can pull t out and stick it in the container before heading out. With 110 degree weather...it won't stay frozen long.
But next time I use it...Friday, i think, I'll see how that idea works.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]
But since this got brought up - what I have is the Tactical Tailor Joey pouch and hydration system...which carries .75 liters, 25 fluid ounces. What might the members here recommend as a larger uit, or stay with this one? Not really planning on rucking up and down CG mountain with this gear...but you never know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Sorry, read your other post wrong. I already have one of the weave-in solutions and it is really just a band aid. I don't like how it bunches up material and when you compare prices, a complete replacement cumberbund is only about $40 more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Originally Posted By GTRider245:

The Blaze Defense kit laces in the molle and uses the velcro. No permanent alterations needed.

Sorry, read your other post wrong. I already have one of the weave-in solutions and it is really just a band aid. I don't like how it bunches up material and when you compare prices, a complete replacement cumberbund is only about $40 more.

This is why I’ll probably end up going with MOS Tactical’s replacement tubes cummerbund.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
But since this got brought up - what I have is the Tactical Tailor Joey pouch and hydration system...which carries .75 liters, 25 fluid ounces. What might the members here recommend as a larger uit, or stay with this one? Not really planning on rucking up and down CG mountain with this gear...but you never know.
View Quote

Its up to you and should be based on what you're doing.  In Arizona I'd rarely go outside with less than a liter, usually two liters in the summer.  That's for a light hike in shorts and a t-shirt, in armor you're going to run hotter and sweat more.

I've done army stuff in Louisiana in the summer where I was going through 8-10 liters of water in a 24 hour period.  I carried 6 liters in a backpack between a 3 L camelbak, 2 L canteen, and 1 L Nalgene.

I guess what I'm saying is .75 L doesn't sound like enough but if it works for you then it is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

Its up to you and should be based on what you're doing.  In Arizona I'd rarely go outside with less than a liter, usually two liters in the summer.  That's for a light hike in shorts and a t-shirt, in armor you're going to run hotter and sweat more.

I've done army stuff in Louisiana in the summer where I was going through 8-10 liters of water in a 24 hour period.  I carried 6 liters in a backpack between a 3 L camelbak, 2 L canteen, and 1 L Nalgene.

I guess what I'm saying is .75 L doesn't sound like enough but if it works for you then it is.
View All Quotes

Same. I went through 7-8L in Virginia some days.

Also I like a 3L because it gives me flexibility. I can always only fill it with 1L or 2L
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess what I was asking for was recommendations for a better PC mounted hydration system - the .75 liter Fight Light was a gift. Trust me, I know about water in Arizona - there's a five GALLON container in my car at all times.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess what I was asking for was recommendations for a better PC mounted hydration system - the .75 liter Fight Light was a gift. Trust me, I know about water in Arizona - there's a five GALLON container in my car at all times.
View Quote

Ohhh, gotcha.

Most of my experience in armor comes with also carrying a big ass radio and a bunch of other mission essential stuff so I've always done a separate pack.  If I don't have all that crap in a bag its because I'm primarily riding around in a truck.  In either scenario a water bladder gets in the way of the pack or the seat back so I got away from mounting water directly to my armor.  I'm medium speed at best, and definitely not low drag.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:52:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Krauss] [#8]
Does anyone’s carrier slightly bounce/move under heavy movement? It’s as tight as I’m comfortable with breathing in but when sprinting I get a little movement still

Pic thread
Grey ghost minimalist w/ midwest ceramics
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AKCory762:
Does anyone’s carrier slightly bounce/move under heavy movement? It’s as tight as I’m comfortable with breathing in but when sprinting I get a little movement still

View Quote

Mines snug, comfortable to breathe and zero movement. Even when running.

Worked about four hours around the yard digging and planting shit yesterday to test fit.  26lbs is doable, and it'll get my old ass in shape again REALLY quick.

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:

Worked about four hours around the yard digging and planting shit yesterday to test fit.  26lbs is doable, and it'll get my old ass in shape again REALLY quick.

https://i.imgur.com/W1Xr8qN.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKCory762:

https://i.imgur.com/W1Xr8qN.jpg

I think part of it is this grey ghost carrier has elastic on the side closures which lets it expand and bounce.

Fuck it I’m going back to my eagle carrier. It has a little more bulk to it because it has sewn in soft armor but it fits awesome. 21.8lbs as it sits

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#11]
21.8 with plates? Thats not bad.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#12]
21.8 with plates? Thats not bad.
View Quote

Yep. Lvl 4 midwest ceramics, sewn in soft armor, 3 mags with admin pouch. I need to get new shoulder pads for this rig but it’s good to go otherwise.

The grey ghost carrier was 17lbs with the same plates in it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:34:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#13]
I've got level IIIa soft and AR600 III+. I guess ceramic does shave a few pounds.

Oh yeah...One more mag than you. THAT's where the difference is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Yikes. My rig is 16lbs w/three mags. I’m not looking to add anything further.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:43:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#15]

Ohhh, gotcha.

Most of my experience in armor comes with also carrying a big ass radio and a bunch of other mission essential stuff so I've always done a separate pack.  If I don't have all that crap in a bag its because I'm primarily riding around in a truck.  In either scenario a water bladder gets in the way of the pack or the seat back so I got away from mounting water directly to my armor.  I'm medium speed at best, and definitely not low drag.
View All Quotes

Ohhh, gotcha.

@Sonoran_Tj

You haven't tried the Source Razor. It's a game changer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Ohhh, gotcha.

View Quote

I see - the closest thing we had to plate carriers when I was in was Vietnam era flak vests issued for security alerts. So I am a TOTAL newbie with a pile of donated gear I am trying to make work with darn little idea of how.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#18]
What are y’all’s thoughts on the pig brig? I see it in stock at SKD for a good price. I’m looking for a minimalist type PC that can fit the LAPG level III plates. Wanted the ferro concepts Slickster but not in stock. Any reason not to fo? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 4:32:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By dafro:
How does everyone handle water? Do you use a camelback like bag over your PC or something attached to the PC?

I've picked up the Ferro water/banger back panel and spiritus assault panel for my two PC's, they just kinda seem like a waste of money for just a normal dude who has it for training and SHTF.
View Quote
I just got a Shellback Banshee Elite 2.0 and it has a hydration pocket built in, but I may attach my Camelbak Ambush (it has attachment points) to the back webbing with Slik Clips.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:24:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anaxagoras] [#20]
I just ordered a pair of Hesco 3810s and i'm looking for a PC to go along with them.   I obviously hate money, so i'm willing to pay up to $650 or so for a PC.  So except for stupid expensive shit like the AVS i should have zero problem finding something.

I'm a civilian and right now my main concern is civil unrest, rioters marching down my street.  I'm on the outskirts of an urban area that has already seen some shit.  Realistically i don't know if my family and I would be bugging out or hunkering down, that depends on the situation and how much notice we have...

Can someone kind of school me on plate carriers?  What are the pros/cons of a bulkier vs slicker plate carriers?

My buddy who has deployed says  the LBT6094 is the only thing he would ever wear
I was talking to another buddy of mine who is a LARPer like myself, he has a JPC and thinks I should get the Javlin Concepts JAC plate carrier.   I haven't found much about Javlin Concepts online, except a few posts on other sites.  Anyone familiar with them?

Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#21]
6904, JPC Slickster or Spiritus LV119 if you can find one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By anaxagoras:
I just ordered a pair of Hesco 3810s and i'm looking for a PC to go along with them.   I obviously hate money, so i'm willing to pay up to $650 or so for a PC.  So except for stupid expensive shit like the AVS i should have zero problem finding something.

I'm a civilian and right now my main concern is civil unrest, rioters marching down my street.  I'm on the outskirts of an urban area that has already seen some shit.  Realistically i don't know if my family and I would be bugging out or hunkering down, that depends on the situation and how much notice we have...

Can someone kind of school me on plate carriers?  What are the pros/cons of a bulkier vs slicker plate carriers?

My buddy who has deployed says  the LBT6094 is the only thing he would ever wear
I was talking to another buddy of mine who is a LARPer like myself, he has a JPC and thinks I should get the Javlin Concepts JAC plate carrier.   I haven't found much about Javlin Concepts online, except a few posts on other sites.  Anyone familiar with them?

View Quote

I’m a 6094 guy, it’s been with me for the last 8 years a a number of deployments and exercises. Not the flashiest thing on the market but it’s built like a tank and just...works.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#23]
An alternative to the 6094 would be the Mayflower APC. Unlike the 6094, the rear platebag is cut to the shape of the plate as opposed to being a large rectangle. This alters the shoulder strap geometry in that the rear attachment points are moved inward due to the taper of the plate bag. Having compared my own 6094 to the APC, I find it to be significantly more comfortable because of the difference in strap geometry. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Depends.  What size and cut?

You will have fewer options if you ordered small, for example...and SAPI is generally easier to find a PC for than shooters.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Sapi Large.  Got sized in person at a nearby dealer
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Sapi Large.  Got sized in person at a nearby dealer
View Quote

That should give you quite a few options, including the popular JPC 2.0 in SAPI cut, which is well below your budget and very lightweight.  Esstac, Ferro, and Mayflower are also popular...but finding anything in stock is going to be challenging.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 3:54:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anaxagoras] [#27]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
finding anything in stock is going to be challenging.
View Quote

I figured as much, but i have an 8-10 week lead on the plates.  So it's not like getting it today will do me any good.

Trying to figure out the pros/cons of bulkier vs lighter plates carriers?  I mean obviously the weight of the thing itself is a huge pro for the more minimalist PCs.  But what are the benefits of the heavier PCs?
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#28]
KOTA is doing a pre-order on medium Hesco 3810s, $1,125 for the pair...  mid November "start shipping"
Anybody know if they charge your card now or in November?
https://www.kotaoutfitters.com/product-page/hesco-3810-level-iii-set-of-two
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
KOTA is doing a pre-order on medium Hesco 3810s, $1,125 for the pair...  mid November "start shipping"
Anybody know if they charge your card now or in November?
https://www.kotaoutfitters.com/product-page/hesco-3810-level-iii-set-of-two
View Quote

I pre ordered the 4401s. They charged my card when I placed the order.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Curious what folks think about the HRT RAC carrier.? Work just  ordered some to carry on our ambulances.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#31]
So it just dawned on me that I ordered the hesco 4401’s, which are shooters cut plates.

But I have an LBX 0300 PC. Which has a sapi pocket.

Are these plates going to fit in the pocket of my LBX?

I ordered everything before I fully understood how everything worked.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 6:24:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSully] [#32]
Originally Posted By benw8887:
So it just dawned on me that I ordered the hesco 4401’s, which are shooters cut plates.

But I have an LBX 0300 PC. Which has a sapi pocket.

Are these plates going to fit in the pocket of my LBX?

I ordered everything before I fully understood how everything worked.
View Quote

Shooters cut 10x12 L210s fit fine in my 0300

Edit: Looks like the 0300 is on sale for $110. Unfortunately the only colors they have left in medium is MAS Grey, black and navy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 6:30:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dangermouse78] [#33]
Originally Posted By flpickupman:

Shooters cut L210s fit fine in my 0300
View Quote

Awesome. Thank you.

Still learning all this stuff. There’s a lot to wrap your head around.

Edit: yeah, I saw the newer stuff on sale, they’re going quick. If anyone is interested, eBay has older LBX 0300’s for around $60. It’s some ugly camo, but the price is right.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 8:39:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NighthawkCx] [#34]

View Quote

Crye Airlite SPC. It's not bulky, but still has great rigidity. You can do everything with it. I prefer it to the JPC.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Saw this if anyone was looking for a no frills carrier

Originally Posted By ShaggyMcOwl:
LBT carrier

LBT First Responder Guardian

Quick on and off.

Under $92.04 shipped on-sale
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By dnmccoy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dnmccoy:

Originally Posted By ShaggyMcOwl:
LBT carrier

LBT First Responder Guardian

Quick on and off.

Under $92.04 shipped on-sale
Great thread. I may buy one of these as a back up. Stay safe everyone.

Couldn't resist the 4th review of this product. Could it be him? I am glad he wasn't wearing it on Aug 26th.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Hesco 3810 S, M, L available now from Trex if you don't want to wait for Kota
https://www.trex-arms.com/store/hesco-3810-level-iii-plate-set/?attribute_pa_Size=Small
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Hesco 3810 S, M, L available now from Trex if you don't want to wait for Kota
https://www.trex-arms.com/store/hesco-3810-level-iii-plate-set/?attribute_pa_Size=Small
View Quote

That's not a very good price though
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote

Now versus mid-November...
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote

How so? T-Rex is listing the typical going rate for 3810s in all sizes. Its not like buying armor 8 months ago. Demand is a lot higher than supply. Prices have gone up, and are only going to go up as we get closer to November-January.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:53:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WhiskersTheCat] [#42]

Now versus mid-November...
View Quote

Originally Posted By ARgunner0210:

How so? T-Rex is listing the typical going rate for 3810s in all sizes. Its not like buying armor 8 months ago. Demand is a lot higher than supply. Prices have gone up, and are only going to go up as we get closer to November-January.
View Quote

Wow, you're not kidding. They've gone way up.

@Er_Mah_Gerd check this out
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Just ordered a set of HESCO 3810's from the dude with a female-shaped lower half.

$200 more than what I've typically seen during past searches but % wise, it is not that painful of a price hike.

Nov. is right around the corner. Prices are going nowhere but up for the foreseeable future.

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#44]
For reference, I purchased the Hesco 3810's from T-Rex Arms...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Has anyone seen or had any experience with the new Grey Ghost SMC?

Any thoughts on how it compares to the JCP 2?

It looks more padded/comfortable and has tubes, which looks promising.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Anybody have any thoughts on this carrier vs the 0300?  in stock and seems like a decent value?

https://lbxtactical.com/collections/pc/products/4020arm
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RebarTX:
Anybody have any thoughts on this carrier vs the 0300?  in stock and seems like a decent value?

https://lbxtactical.com/collections/pc/products/4020arm
View Quote

LBT's "value" line.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ARgunner0210:

View Quote

Plus they have them in stock & ship pretty quick no 3 month wait.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 5:31:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#49]
My plate carrier:

Edit: Well. That isn't too exciting. I guess I need to figure out how to edit this so it shows the pics.

OK, the only way I could get the pic to show is copying the URL from the post below....strange.

Anyway...

This is my plate carrier setup. I have both an AR mag and AK mag in the placard for illustration purposes only. Just to show I can run either caliber without changing out the placard. I can run with a PCC by placing Glock happy sticks in the two pistol mag pouches instead.

Recipe:

Spiritus Systems COVERT front and rear plate bags.
DKX M3 MAX III plates front and rear.
Ferro Concepts shoulderpads.
A&A Tactical SEACU cummerbund (to carry tourniquet and extra mags if needed).
Gadsden Dynamics chest rig/placard with 2x 5.56/7.62x39 pouches and 2x doublestack pistol pouches.
SOCP dagger.
BFG small admin pouch on left rear (to hold tape, paracord, other repair bits, spare batteries, earplugs, etc.).
MaxxDri vest.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SCR556:
My plate carrier:

Plate Carrier https://imgur.com/gallery/z9BkRdO
View Quote

Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top