Originally Posted By stoner01:

Air...
and fabreeze.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar_mcadams:
I got a question for you guys.  The carriers that have the padding in them, what keeps that from soaking up sweat and stinking or soaking up rain water and stinking?

Air...
and fabreeze.

Once that stops being effective...pressure washer. It was the only way we could get our gear somewhat clean in Iraq/Afg.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
I'm looking into plates to put over my IIIa soft armor. Plates that are sold in pairs.. Shooter cuts, do you use them front and back or do you prefer more coverage from a fuller cut plate in the back?
View Quote

I've used SPAI cuts fron and back, I'll be transitioning to a shooter in the front and a Sapi in the rear and I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Once that stops being effective...pressure washer. It was the only way we could get our gear somewhat clean in Iraq/Afg.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]

I've used SPAI cuts fron and back, I'll be transitioning to a shooter in the front and a Sapi in the rear and I'll let you know.
View All Quotes
I'm looking into plates to put over my IIIa soft armor. Plates that are sold in pairs.. Shooter cuts, do you use them front and back or do you prefer more coverage from a fuller cut plate in the back?

That's what I'm using based on the recommendation from the company I bought my plates from.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Just take out any soft armor you might have inside the vest/carrier. Doesn't stand up to high pressure all that well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Very awesome Cola bro helped me find a Cobra buckle setup for my Daeodon.

I love it. HUGE difference in the ease of taking it on and off.

Link Posted: 9/1/2020 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#7]
How does everyone handle water? Do you use a camelback like bag over your PC or something attached to the PC?

I've picked up the Ferro water/banger back panel and spiritus assault panel for my two PC's, they just kinda seem like a waste of money for just a normal dude who has it for training and SHTF.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dafro:
How does everyone handle water? Do you use a camelback like bag over your PC or something attached to the PC?

I've picked up the Ferro water/banger back panel and spiritus assault panel for my two PC's, they just kinda seem like a waste of money for just a normal dude who has it for training and SHTF.
View Quote

Source WLPS 3L bladder in an Esstac hydration carrier attached with WTF straps.

Link Posted: 9/1/2020 3:26:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#9]

View Quote

Two options for Crye PCs, like the JPC 2.0 - MOLLE panel or pack panel, both with hydration pocket.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Source Razor Low Profile mounts to anything taking MOLLE gear. It also has PALS webbing on the side facing out so you can mount anything to it using MOLLE.

Some people just put the low profile bladder in the plate pouch if there's room, and a way to route the drinking tube out of it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Flatpack on the molle rear slickster
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

Source Razor Low Profile mounts to anything taking MOLLE gear. It also has PALS webbing on the side facing out so you can mount anything to it using MOLLE.

Some people just put the low profile bladder in the plate pouch if there's room, and a way to route the drinking tube out of it.
View All Quotes

Source makes a bladder where the tube comes out of the bottom of the plate pocket.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

Source makes a bladder where the tube comes out of the bottom of the plate pocket.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1245/Capture_JPG-1572979.JPG
View All Quotes

Neat! Is there anything those guys *haven't* thought of?
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I really like my Source Razor

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Source is the best.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 6:17:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#16]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Source is the best.
View All Quotes

Source is the best.

You know I'm a Source noob, but I quickly learned (thanks in great part to your recommendations) they blow CamelBack away. I had been using CB for almost 30 years.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#17]

You know I'm a Source noob, but I quickly learned (thanks in great part to your recommendations) they blow CamelBack away. I had been using CB for almost 30 years.
View All Quotes

Source is the best.

Every time I see a new accessory, I'm like "What a great idea!"

Saw this the other day. I keep my bladder in the freezer to avoid growth, but if I ever need to clean it....

Link Posted: 9/1/2020 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Level III+ plates, level IIIa soft armor.

26.5 pounds.

Link Posted: 9/1/2020 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#19]

26.5 pounds.

https://i.imgur.com/XUIsW9F.jpg
View Quote

26 pounds???
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#20]
According to my super scientific bathroom scale.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#21]
soft side plates?
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 7:15:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#22]
Balcs IIIa inserts. No side plates
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Not really

Their fill adapter is as well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#24]

26.5 pounds.

View Quote

That's a LOT of weight.

I'll weigh mine again, but it's around 18 lbs with a full water bladder.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Balcs IIIa inserts. No side plates
View Quote
why double armor, your hard plates not standalone?
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:00:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#26]
Plates are standalone. Had inserts first. They give me pistol coverage where plates aren't.

It is silly heavy though. I'm not climbing mountains in Astan, I'm defending the cul-de-sac. .

Soft armor is a good trauma backer too. Probably overkill, but I got it so I'll run it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#27]

26.5 pounds.

View Quote

With 3L of water, I hope?
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Not really

View All Quotes

Not really

I still need one of those.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#29]

26.5 pounds.

View Quote

That seems....excessive
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By kenzo:

I'm new to plate carriers, can someone tell me what the advantages are for tube kit cumberbunds?

Regards
View Quote

In addition to quick don/doff, there’s more Velcro real estate for the front flap or chest rig to use. Back when I had a JPC-style carrier with Velcro cummerbund and molle Velcro front flap, the cummerbund would block a lot of the Velcro on the plate bag, causing a lot of flop with a loaded front flap. The rear cummerbund was also “in-between” mounting points, so I had to put up with it.

Not sure if it’s an issue with more reputable or bigger brands, but it pushed me to try the tubes on a First Spear carrier, and now I have them on my Spiritus carrier, I like them a lot, but you do lose convenient on-the-fly adjustment, so mine is sized to be a little tight with a hoodie on. If I run with it, I’m basically holding the carrier down, but that’s more an issue when I go for a long jog with it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#31]

That seems....excessive
View Quote

Maybe a bit. But man, it's a great workout.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Not really

GET IT!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#33]

26.5 pounds.

View Quote

Now go hike up and down a mountain with that on.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Nope. Ain't gonna. I'll be defending the cul-de-sac.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Nope. Ain't gonna. I'll be defending the cul-de-sac.
View Quote

Easier than my apartment block
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Well then come on up to the FTC. I'll be on the roof with a  12 pack and lots of mags.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#37]

GET IT!!!!
View All Quotes

Not really

GET IT!!!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:23:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#38]
Does anyone know of affordable III plates that don’t weigh a ton, or am I out of luck?

I need large, so the LAPG plates are a no go, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Does anyone know of affordable III plates that don’t weigh a ton, or am I out of luck?

View Quote

What do you consider affordable?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:33:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#40]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

~$300~ for two would be great.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
I just ordered the (MADE IN USA) Beez Combat Systems skeletonized FirstSpear tubes cumberbund for my LBT 6094. Hope this modernizes my PC enough to keep me from lusting after any new offerings.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/F723E819-3482-4CB8-9B80-953A0F822C35_jpe-1564388.JPG

They've got a ton of other offerings as well...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/DD1CAAD9-0CE3-4E4D-A8AE-D7AC57C0DC43_jpe-1564389.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/E2B691A9-8F27-43ED-A070-6A61EC56FAE9_jpe-1564390.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/50A28B82-DFBA-4B19-AE62-6D4954D62BA6_jpe-1564391.JPG

I'll report back once I get it hooked up to my PC.

View Quote

Any reason you did this instead of keeping the LBT cumberbund and adding tubes?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#42]
About to finish outfitting my LBT 6094. Plan is to add the Blaze Defense tubes kit for at least one side. I like what someone else said about using one side and selling the other side to recoup cost. Being as it has the kangaroo pouch, is there any reason I would opt out of utilizing it for rifle mag storage with an insert and opt into exterior molle mounted pouches? Also considering mounting an HSGI M3T to the left side cumberbund in a up/down orientation for IFAK access (I have another identical kit mounted left/right on my belt).

Trying to stay minimalist while carrying whats needed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:45:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#43]
Originally Posted By GTRider245:

Any reason you did this instead of keeping the LBT cumberbund and adding tubes?
View Quote

Didn't want my gear off in never-never land for months on end with no one returning emails and/or calls. My experience with shipping anything gun related for repair/warranty/alterations has been miserable. Plus, I can keep the LBT components unaltered should I decide to sell and move the Beez over to a new setup.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Didn't want my gear off in never-never land for months on end with no one returning emails and/or calls. My experience with shipping anything gun related for repair/warranty/alterations has miserable. Plus, I can keep the LBT components unaltered should I decide to sell and move the Beez over to a new setup.
View Quote

The Blaze Defense kit laces in the molle and uses the velcro. No permanent alterations needed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:13:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar_mcadams] [#45]
Alright fellas ,  I just bought me a Banshee carrier.  I want to run three mags in the kangaroo pouch.   What are you guys using in your kangaroo pouches?  I was looking at the kydex type holders.  I would like them to be US made.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:59:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#46]

Saw this the other day. I keep my bladder in the freezer to avoid growth, but if I ever need to clean it....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20200901_182410-1573058.jpg
View Quote

Ever HEARD the lightbulb turn on? I just did - I have a small Source in a Fight Light MOLLE on the back of my PC...I used it once, and forgot about it. I checked it right now, clean and good, (I only got a little bit of water in it and drained it thoroughly when I was done), so I filled it and froze it right now...perfect for Arizona. Yes, I left some room for the ice to expand into. Thank you - I am an newbie to this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Just ordered one through Amazon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By GTRider245:

The Blaze Defense kit laces in the molle and uses the velcro. No permanent alterations needed.
View Quote

Sorry, read your other post wrong. I already have one of the weave-in solutions and it is really just a band aid. I don't like how it bunches up material and when you compare prices, a complete replacement cumberbund is only about $40 more.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By armoredman:

Ever HEARD the lightbulb turn on? I just did - I have a small Source in a Fight Light MOLLE on the back of my PC...I used it once, and forgot about it. I checked it right now, clean and good, (I only got a little bit of water in it and drained it thoroughly when I was done), so I filled it and froze it right now...perfect for Arizona. Yes, I left some room for the ice to expand into. Thank you - I am an newbie to this stuff.
View All Quotes

Source is the best!
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:33:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhiskersTheCat] [#50]

View All Quotes

Also, that idea was stolen from another member here.

Guys were complaining about bacterial growth, another guy just drained it and put it in the freezer. Made sense to me. Nothing can get nasty if it's frozen.

I empty it out each use, then stick it in the freezer and forget it. Takes no room.

So, I don't store it full. I use the freezer as a way to prohibit it getting gross.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top