BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 153
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NesralG:

Also, has anyone run one of the Flatline Fiber Co. dump pouches? I like how they’re made to run in conjunction with a mag pouch.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/577174/DSC_0387_JPG-2799908.JPG
View Quote
This had me curious so I googled and now I'm interested.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I’m going to pull the trigger on the mini one. Now I’m having trouble deciding between multicam and the color of my childhood

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Direct Action makes one similar:

https://us.directactiongear.com/dump-pouch#MCM

I have one mounted to my belt using a BFG 10 Speed pouch. Ultra lightweight and it can be all bundled up together into a small package if I don't need them. If I do need either the dump pouch, an extra mag pouch or both, I just deploy them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:
View Quote

It's interesting looking, but I was concerned about it flopping around since it hangs lower on the belt.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NemesisMind:

It's interesting looking, but I was concerned about it flopping around since it hangs lower on the belt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

For personal usage I can see it being more for spent M16 magazines than for anything else, a temprary thing until breaks or moving to let in a second order that gives me the time to replace things. I keep my rifle mags mostly behind with just one in front of my holster and my pistol mags on my right. The current dump is behind my pistol mags which I use to store water and spent pistol magazines with.

However storing spent rifle magazines is an issue because I am left eye dominant but right handed so I shoot rifles left and pistols right.

It's a solid pain to store spent AR mags back in their pouches because of my unique situation.

Current setup:

Up close and would be below the one in woodland closest to the holster, if purchased.

can you post a regular sized picture of your avatar pic because if that's the C1 COMM NV height with a piggybacked dot up top, it's what I am on the hunt for right now or at least trade my 1.93 assaulter height for (30mm). Need the inspiration to keep on searching
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SPTiger:

Thanks! The lighting in the pic is bad, it does look gray but it’s olive drab.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lew:

Yeah, it was snide and I don’t do BBQ guns.

Anyway, for post #8,000 my belt with the last additions. This is enough crap for what I do. I’m just a range and property commando anyway.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41398/IMG_8417-2798959.jpg

Gray looks good. Nice setup.

Thanks! The lighting in the pic is bad, it does look gray but it’s olive drab.

OD is even better.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Got a Kore B1 in Ranger Green today. Ordered Wednesday from Kore!  Wore it around the house and love it so far. Werks M7 holster and I forget what brand mag carriers. Can't wait for a 2 gun shoot next Sat. I ordered hoping to get it by then, and it's here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:04:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#8]

View Quote

The Direct Action dump pouch does not hang lower. Folded up, it is pretty close to centered on the belt.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:17:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DilbertWearsPrada] [#9]
Originally Posted By SCR556:
Direct Action makes one similar:

https://us.directactiongear.com/dump-pouch#MCM

I have one mounted to my belt using a BFG 10 Speed pouch. Ultra lightweight and it can be all bundled up together into a small package if I don't need them. If I do need either the dump pouch, an extra mag pouch or both, I just deploy them.
View Quote

After trying a half dozen other dump pouches, Direct Action's pouch proved to be a perfect fit.  The design's partial rigidity opens up a lot of options; (plus makes it more stable than Flatline's & BFG's mini dump pouches).  Here's how I use mine:

Equipment ID:

- Direct Action Dump Pouch
- Thyrm CellVault & Shaw ETA; (both attached directly to the pouch)
- Kolchan Fast Mag Mini; (Ukrainian version of the HSGI Taco, but better designed)
- BFG 10-speed double pistol pouch

Notes:

- Top left pane: this how I normally wear it, tied at the top with the integrated shock cord, and secured at the bottom with a ranger band.
- Top middle pane: shows the inner contents are accessible after releasing just the top, plus it makes for a functional temporary storage "bowl" for loose rounds & foamies.
- Top right pane: how it's attached to the belt.
- Bottom left pane: Due to the rigidity, a void remains open when tied, so mags can be re-indexed.
- Bottom right: Shown fully open.  When open, it can hold 5-6 AR mags + 2 pistol mags, (in addition to a mag in the pouch).

The only problem I had was tracking one down.  Direct Action drops products like an IG hype beast operation.  I ended up having to order it from Emperion Store in Europe, shipping took about 5 days (impressive).
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Direct action makes solid stuff
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll also jump in on the Direct Action band wagon.  I do something similar to what's posted above.

9 times out of 10 I just leave the pouch open and let it hang, but I recently added the shock cord retainer to it for bundling it up. I'm running an emdom IAP M4 pouch inside, but you could use any rifle pouch you prefer.
I have yet to snag this on anything, and i've also worn the belt through a couple of shotgun classes and have used the dump pouch to literally dump shells in, and store a velcro shot card in the rifle reload pouch.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#12]
@sevin8nin - Nice setup!  I didn't realize Arbor Arms made a 16oz stowable water bottle pouch; (have only seen the 32oz versions).  Very cool, just ordered one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:35:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot] [#13]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DilbertWearsPrada:
@sevin8nin - Nice setup!  I didn't realize Arbor Arms made a 16oz stowable water bottle pouch; (have only seen the 32oz versions).  Very cool, just ordered one.
View Quote

@DilbertWearsPrada good deal man.  At the size that it is there's almost no reason not to have it.  You can fit an M4 mag in it, you can fit a baofeng or a Motorola XTS 5000 in it. I can throw my cell phone in it.  Plastic 16oz disposable bottle, or 16oz nalgene.  It's pretty handy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

I have one. It works fine, but I don't like the way it rides. If you never roll it up, its fine. If you want it to roll up, you have to let it hang lower than the mag pouch. I like it higher, but I can't roll it up, and it tends to interfere with a second rifle mag pouch. Just my experience.

View Quote

Thank you for the user review.

I'm going to hold off for now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
I have two and they work great. One side up 1.5", the other side up 1.75".

https://rdrgear.com/collections/holster-wraps/products/safariland-ubl-modification

SAFARILAND UBL BELT WIDTH MODIFICATION (BLACK)

@NesralG
View Quote

Thanks for the link @Lancelot, naturally the ubl I just bought is the 2" belt model.

I'll try the zip tie method if it's too bad, I'm running a 1.75" belt.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Is there something special with using zip ties or just wrap a couple around there?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

Updated belt.   Newer shellback rampage 2.0 also
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sp1shooter:
Is there something special with using zip ties or just wrap a couple around there?
View Quote
I believe the little hole at the top of the UBL comes in to play. I havent done mine yet so I'm not super sure.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:12:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sp1shooter] [#21]
Attachment Attached File

Here's what I came up with. I wondered about that hole.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#22]
@Croak

Is this what you were referring to?

I would’ve done it the same way as @sp1shooter
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:39:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, that works.  You can also run zip ties vertical through the side of the loops and through the MOLLE to keep the UBL from sliding on the belt.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#24]
If the belt has velco on the other side, one wraps on both sides can also prevent the shifting in either direction.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File

Blue Alpha Gear Battle Belt Lite w/ Cobra Buckle
Esstac Double Pistol Gap Kywi
Esstac Single Rifle Kywi Midlength
Blue Force Gear Single Pistol Mag Pouch (Surefire 6PX)
Blue Force Gear Ultralight Dump Pouch
Blue Force Gear Boo Boo Pouch (Copenhagen Straight Long Cut)
Safariland 6390 RDS (G34.5 MOS) w/ 6072 High Ride UBL
Blue Force Gear Boo Boo Pouch (Multiasker Nano & Nano 2, NF Lens Cloth, Foamies)

My second Blue Alpha Belt rig - but first of the Lite. Really nicely made and about as rigid as the traditional Molle Belt they do. Just finished putting it together last night, so no real use yet.
Tactical as fuck in the living room though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 1:56:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PistoleroJesse] [#26]
Originally Posted By Croak:
Yeah, that works.  You can also run zip ties vertical through the side of the loops and through the MOLLE to keep the UBL from sliding on the belt.
View Quote

Broken link... hold on... I had a picture somewhere...
Nope... check this guy's pics he did it the "right" way...
This is imgur.com link
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Thank you for the user review.

I'm going to hold off for now.
View Quote

Well I grabbed one of the mini dump pouches today, I’ll be sure to give some feedback after some range use. Mainly just wanted a compact pouch for empty mags and picking up brass.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:

Broken link... hold on... I had a picture somewhere...
Nope... check this guy's pics he did it the "right" way...
This is imgur.com link
View Quote

Nice, thank you, I’ll have to give that a try.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:43:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NesralG] [#29]
Got my ubl, thanks all for the zip tie trick, rock solid!

Just waiting on the dump pouch now. Going to hit the range this weekend and do some fine tuning.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 12:34:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Going to give the Blue Force Gear CHLK a try. I haven't had any luck finding a belt that works for me in regards to both comfort and functionality. Ordered a couple ANR Design kydex mag carriers to compare to the EESTAC.

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By michealj:
Going to give the Blue Force Gear CHLK a try. I haven't had any luck finding a belt that works for me in regards to both comfort and functionality. Ordered a couple ANR Design kydex mag carriers to compare to the EESTAC.

https://i.imgur.com/w8RZdrj.jpg
View Quote
When I got sick of waiting for the non load rated BFG GRID belt to release I bought the AXL. That said if the Defense Mechanisms Mech belt was available at that point, I'd give that one the nod over anything. Pretty amazing features and a competition crushing price.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By michealj:

https://i.imgur.com/w8RZdrj.jpg
View Quote

My CHLK is my favorite piece of gear I own
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Team axl here.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Snuck out and put 100 rounds down the tube of the ol' G19 and 50 thru the 11.5.

I really like where the holster rides but I need to play with the mag pouches some more, not sure if I like them more forward or directly at 9 o'clock. Another beautiful day to be at the range!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

I have one very nice works well and their slings are good also if interested
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:09:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NesralG] [#36]
Originally Posted By Bsemler:

I have one very nice works well and their slings are good also if interested
View Quote

Good to hear, mine is out for delivery today
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:
I'll also jump in on the Direct Action band wagon.  I do something similar to what's posted above.
https://i.imgur.com/j22KshH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rCI8L2O.jpg

9 times out of 10 I just leave the pouch open and let it hang, but I recently added the shock cord retainer to it for bundling it up. I'm running an emdom IAP M4 pouch inside, but you could use any rifle pouch you prefer.
I have yet to snag this on anything, and i've also worn the belt through a couple of shotgun classes and have used the dump pouch to literally dump shells in, and store a velcro shot card in the rifle reload pouch.
View Quote

Are you running the Shaw pistol mags on the double 45 adapter in this setup? If so, how do you like them? I recently switched over toa JSTA for medical + 1 rifle/1 pistol and am trying to figure out if I want to expand past that. Shaw seems to have a good option for this. I'm running a GBRS belt so everything is needlessly complicated
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Reconfigured after running it a couple carbine courses.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
Reconfigured after running it a couple carbine courses.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/49BD8A16-171F-4FD1-BC0F-642C3521A979_jpe-2814375.JPG
View Quote

Clean. Who makes the thing retaining your Sordins?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Clean. Who makes the thing retaining your Sordins?
View Quote

G-Code  www.tacticalholsters.com
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#41]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52425/0502232109a_jpg-2803876.JPG

View Quote

My idea didn't work, holster can still move up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:29:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Space-Cadet] [#42]

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52425/0502232109a_jpg-2803876.JPG

Run a ziptie through the cutout in the top center of the UBL and around your belt.

Or get the superior CUBL in 1.75"
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Added a couple Agilite Pincer Pistol pouches to my belt, replacing a lackluster Esstac double pistol spaced pouch.  Esstac holding up well enough, but I swap mag types a lot, and retention on anything was always an issue without heat forming the inserts for the specific SIG, Walther, Glock, etc magazine.

Agilite pouches solved that problem, and they match the excellent AR pouches.  Probably picking up couple more for my tool setup on the strong side just for aesthetics. :)

From left to right on a Defense Mechanisms Mech Belt: Neomag TacTrap holding PIG gloves, unknown TQ pouch with CAT7 and a cheap penlight, Agilite Pincer pistol pouches, Agilite AR Pincer pouches, BFG dump pouch, Defense Mechanisms FAST pouch with IFAK, P320 AXG in a Safariland 73390RDS on QLS attached to a True North MHA, Hogue EX-F01 5.5" fixed blade, Defense Mechanisms double mag pouch with Gerber Diesel multi-tool and Hogue K320 folder.  

Everything but the MHA are attached with 1" or 3/4" OneWrap.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Added a couple Agilite Pincer Pistol pouches to my belt, replacing a lackluster Esstac double pistol spaced pouch.  Esstac holding up well enough, but I swap mag types a lot, and retention on anything was always an issue without heat forming the inserts for the specific SIG, Walther, Glock, etc magazine.

Agilite pouches solved that problem, and they match the excellent AR pouches.  Probably picking up couple more for my tool setup on the strong side just for aesthetics. :)

From left to right on a Defense Mechanisms Mech Belt: Neomag TacTrap holding PIG gloves, unknown TQ pouch with CAT7 and a cheap penlight, Agilite Pincer pistol pouches, Agilite AR Pincer pouches, BFG dump pouch, Defense Mechanisms FAST pouch with IFAK, P320 AXG in a Safariland 73390RDS on QLS attached to a True North MHA, Hogue EX-F01 5.5" fixed blade, Defense Mechanisms double mag pouch with Gerber Diesel multi-tool and Hogue K320 folder.  

https://imgur.com/RrqGL4z.jpg
View Quote

Where did you get big chungus?

@beitodesstrafe look at this patch
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Lololol
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

https://imgur.com/RrqGL4z.jpg

IWI from this year's SHOT show.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:00:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sparky-kb] [#47]
Is the HSGI Better Inner Belt just about the only option for an inner belt with a buckle that could be worn as an EDC gun belt?  

I'm thinking about giving belts another try.  I had a HSGI Suregrip a few years back but it was just too bulky so I sold it.  I like the idea of the 2 piece belts but only if I can use the outer belt over my everyday belt.

I don't want to have to swap inner belts to put on the outer belt.  Most of the inner belts seem to rely on cinching down a Velcro strip for closure so I'm not sure how they would hold up to being used everyday.  I understand the reasoning, so buckles don't get stacked or cause hotspots, but the buckle on the Better Inner Belt looks pretty low profile.

Any other stiff inner belts that have buckles I should be looking at?

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By sparky-kb:
Is the HSGI Better Inner Belt just about the only option for an inner belt with a buckle that could be worn as an EDC gun belt?  

I'm thinking about giving belts another try.  I had a HSGI Suregrip a few years back but it was just too bulky so I sold it.  I like the idea of the 2 piece belts but only if I can use the outer belt over my everyday belt.

I don't want to have to swap inner belts to put on the outer belt.  Most of the inner belts seem to rely on cinching down a Velcro strip for closure so I'm not sure how they would hold up to being used everyday.  I understand the reasoning, so buckles don't get stacked or cause hotspots, but the buckle on the Better Inner Belt looks pretty low profile.

Any other stiff inner belts that have buckles I should be looking at?

View Quote

Ciguera Gear has a belt option. It costs more than the HSGI, but I love mine.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:13:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sparky-kb] [#49]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Ciguera Gear has a belt option. It costs more than the HSGI, but I love mine.
View Quote

Cool, that Velcro Emissary belt looks pretty nice.  Thanks.  

I found Wilder Tactical has an inner belt with a cobra buckle that looks pretty good too.  Has the typical cobra buckle cinch down size adjustment vs eyelets.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#50]
I have a HSGI better inner belt and love it. I've tried a handful of other options including the Bianchi style, Lead Devil USA Predator, and Arbor Arms Liner. Worn the HSGI with a battle belt and plain with a paddle holster. I set it at my size and wrapped the loose end with some one wrap. It doesn't loosen up, has enough structure to add some rigidity to my AWS SMU.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top