Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 153
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Recently swapped my Esstac coyote belt setup for multicam.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
Recently swapped my Esstac coyote belt setup for multicam.
https://i.imgur.com/Gu9CjPX.jpg
View Quote

Looks awesome man. I love multicam. I was pumped when I deployed in 13 and 16 to bagram because I got to wear a multicam flight suit instead of the green trash bags that we wore state side.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By esstac-:

Will work with Glock mags.  Obviously not as good as a metal mag.  The plastic overmold reduces the contact force some.

Some single stack love for this weekend.  4 singles, 8 mags!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/received_510489130048335-2047975.jpg
View Quote

Awesome. I am going to work today to practice reloading off the magnet to I don't look like a doof on friday. Not to mention I don't want to lose my ranking by learning during the comp hahaha. This is also my first angled mag carrier so I have to get used to that as well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Wrinkles are an issue with tactical nylon?
View Quote

I figured since you are a mall cop, you of all people should know that looking good is 90% of the fight.

I noted the wrinkles or lack of them is a characteristic of the Brookwood Squadron laminate. It is a very stiff material. A page or two back, I posted a side by side of the Esstac vs Trex dump pouches. The TREX is wrinkled to hell. It makes your snide comment useless as a dig to my opinion. The Esstac is much larger. The resiliency of the material is a large pro of the product in my limited experience with it. Granted the Trex has a flap on top, putting things in it like a mag or a bottle on the fly, while not tough at all, sometimes can be annoying because the pouch deforms while empty. This was not an issue with the Esstac in my class I took last Sunday. It stayed wide open which made stowing a half full mag after a 'tac reload' easier because I would just drop the mag in, compared to using the feed lips to open the Trex and then pushing it in. Little mechanics like that is worth noting in my eyes because in the comp world, making up time that is only half a second is worth it if you need to keep the mag rather than dropping it on the ground.

Here is the the picture again in case you missed it.
Attachment Attached File

Enough with the digging. You fight Esstac. You fight my opinion when it comes to them. You clearly have disdain when it comes to social media guys and popular gear(Hence your starting of the crap navyman video thread in GD). Either take your officer money and buy some of their stuff to show us why we are wrong, or take a seat and let people get excited about their new gear and give initial impressions and range reports. This is a tech forum and we are giving opinions of what works best for us. All you do is come in and dump garbage based on a vague description of your .mil career. I am not going to reply to anymore of your garbage, but even though it is tech, if you throw a punch, I am punching back. Poor guy who started the new belt thread got extremely derailed because of your interjections. He was proud and excited. Be happy for people instead of calling everything shit because of blind hate. Damn it, I might catch another warning after this. Worth it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:04:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: demoMouse] [#5]
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:

I figured since you are a mall cop, you of all people should know that looking good is 90% of the fight.

I noted the wrinkles or lack of them is a characteristic of the Brookwood Squadron laminate. It is a very stiff material. A page or two back, I posted a side by side of the Esstac vs Trex dump pouches. The TREX is wrinkled to hell. It makes your snide comment useless as a dig to my opinion. The Esstac is much larger. The resiliency of the material is a large pro of the product in my limited experience with it. Granted the Trex has a flap on top, putting things in it like a mag or a bottle on the fly, while not tough at all, sometimes can be annoying because the pouch deforms while empty. This was not an issue with the Esstac in my class I took last Sunday. It stayed wide open which made stowing a half full mag after a 'tac reload' easier because I would just drop the mag in, compared to using the feed lips to open the Trex and then pushing it in. Little mechanics like that is worth noting in my eyes because in the comp world, making up time that is only half a second is worth it if you need to keep the mag rather than dropping it on the ground.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323787/Capture_JPG-2048409.JPG

Enough with the digging. You fight Esstac. You fight my opinion when it comes to them. You clearly have disdain when it comes to social media guys and popular gear(Hence your starting of the crap navyman video thread in GD). Either take your officer money and buy some of their stuff to show us why we are wrong, or take a seat and let people get excited about their new gear and give initial impressions and range reports. This is a tech forum and we are giving opinions of what works best for us. All you do is come in and dump garbage based on a vague description of your .mil career. I am not going to reply to anymore of your garbage, but even though it is tech, if you throw a punch, I am punching back. Poor guy who started the new belt thread got extremely derailed because of your interjections. He was proud and excited. Be happy for people instead of calling everything shit because of blind hate. Damn it, I might catch another warning after this. Worth it.
View Quote

Thank you for your insights zipper suited sky god who has descended upon us poor ground pounders from the heavens and bestowed upon us cave dwellers the sacred Air Force pogue knowledge of nylon gear. always in the most pretentious manner possible.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#6]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323787/Capture_JPG-2048409.JPG

View Quote

You might want to switch to decaf for a couple days
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Hilariously, I do not drink anything caffeinated.

Originally Posted By demoMouse:

Thank you for your insights zipper suited sky god who has descended upon us poor ground pounders from the heavens and bestowed upon us cave dwellers the sacred Air Force pogue knowledge of nylon gear. always in the most pretentious manner possible.

You are more than welcome. I try to get information out about things from a technical standpoint. Materials used, knowing the 'why' in the design. Doesn't take 'combat' to find out if a material or design is useful. But carry on good sir, I know I will.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok Initial Report from first practice session with the magnetic pouch. Nothing special. Took a shot or two, reloaded, then proceeded with a follow up shot. Just some notes to keep it short for my new fans around here :)

-The pouches have sharp corners. Moving with a fat stomach or beer gut, if you put these at 11 o'clock and don't tuck your shirt in, they are a little stabby. Not a big deal, just worth noting.
-Glock mags run significantly better while full. When empty while dry firing, it doesn't feel as strong.
-I think I prefer the straight pouch over the angle. I like reloading from the angle better, but when I put a mag on the magnet, it acts like a double stack, and sometimes I would grab the mag in the pouch.
-From a comp stand point. You could be introducing a third mag orientation depending on how you lay out your belt. Keep this in mind because that is additional ways to train for muscle memory, and depending on how much you may reload in one stage, it could be rough for a bit to learn. I think the picture from @esstac- on the bottom of page 117 is the ticket to success. Get all the same angles. Put the mags on the magnet in the same angle. I tried putting on mags to the magnet by placing the mag parallel to the floor, and placing the back of the mag against the magnet which did not work for me.

Attachment Attached File

The multicam belt is showing how I started the session. I only used that for 15~ reloads and I did not like how it felt. I switched to the grey rig and liked that a lot more. I then switched the multicam to make the mag inline with the angle. It will take time to learn because of the ripping motion compared to a pulling motion. If these are your first pouches, yes, I think they would be great for steel shoots and idpa. LEO duty? Nope. You would knock off that extra mag the second it snagged, or your body will bump it off.

@Whiskersthecat I don't know how much you would like them for Cola Warrior. I know the shop guys at Esstac have done a CW lately with other stuff, but they can add their opinion for more active shooting. The magnetic force is fairly strong (enough to run and shit) but if you had to crawl, lean against a barricade or fit through something... bye bye mag ha! If you want to try one out, email me man and maybe I can ship the version you like out to fuck with for a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok Initial Report from first practice session with the magnetic pouch. Nothing special. Took a shot or two, reloaded, then proceeded with a follow up shot. Just some notes to keep it short for my new fans around here :)

-The pouches have sharp corners. Moving with a fat stomach or beer gut, if you put these at 11 o'clock and don't tuck your shirt in, they are a little stabby. Not a big deal, just worth noting.
-Glock mags run significantly better while full. When empty while dry firing, it doesn't feel as strong.
-I think I prefer the straight pouch over the angle. I like reloading from the angle better, but when I put a mag on the magnet, it acts like a double stack, and sometimes I would grab the mag in the pouch.
-From a comp stand point. You could be introducing a third mag orientation depending on how you lay out your belt. Keep this in mind because that is additional ways to train for muscle memory, and depending on how much you may reload in one stage, it could be rough for a bit to learn. I think the picture from @esstac- on the bottom of page 117 is the ticket to success. Get all the same angles. Put the mags on the magnet in the same angle. I tried putting on mags to the magnet by placing the mag parallel to the floor, and placing the back of the mag against the magnet which did not work for me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323787/PXL_20210811_184924470_jpg-2048750.JPG
The multicam belt is showing how I started the session. I only used that for 15~ reloads and I did not like how it felt. I switched to the grey rig and liked that a lot more. I then switched the multicam to make the mag inline with the angle. It will take time to learn because of the ripping motion compared to a pulling motion. If these are your first pouches, yes, I think they would be great for steel shoots and idpa. LEO duty? Nope. You would knock off that extra mag the second it snagged, or your body will bump it off.

@Whiskersthecat I don't know how much you would like them for Cola Warrior. I know the shop guys at Esstac have done a CW lately with other stuff, but they can add their opinion for more active shooting. The magnetic force is fairly strong (enough to run and shit) but if you had to crawl, lean against a barricade or fit through something... bye bye mag ha! If you want to try one out, email me man and maybe I can ship the version you like out to fuck with for a couple weeks.
View Quote

Yeah I think they're mainly for 2 gun.

I need to get more esstac stuff lol I honestly love every product I've tried
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
I need to get more esstac stuff lol I honestly love every product I've tried
View Quote

My first belt was all BFG ten-speed mag stuff.  It makes for a slick, light setup but there are drawbacks.  Primarily, reholstering magazines is fiddly, and I always had to look at it to do it efficiently.
Esstac is the way, and I have seen the light.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 5:12:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USAFtacFANAC] [#12]
Originally Posted By esstac-:
When you are used to vertical pouches the angles take some serious getting used to.  

They excel as a gaming pouch but have a place outside of that world.  Makes for a great reload seated in a car or a mag not digging into you gut.  Angled

For the magnets the purpose for those is not to reload from the magnet.  You can and it works well but meant for a tac mag change shoving your partial on the magnet.

Ryan and I are shooting single stack(uspsa) this weekend and we setup some belts yesterday for it.  Traditionally for single stack you are looking at 6-8 mag pouches as SS is a reload fest.  I went with 2 40deg and 2 70deg pouches all with magnets.  This will let me have 8 mags or slim it down as needed while only having four actual pouches.  Recent rule change for SS/CO/production allow for this setup, before it was pretty anal on what you could do.  Ryan and I went and spent some time running some drills with our setups for SS last night and while it was absolutely comical the setup with angled/magnets worked extremely well.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/1911a-2048875.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72956/1911b-2048877.jpg
View Quote

You just made me have an 'Ah-ha' moment. Why the hell didn't I think of that. Thank you sir, you just cut my dry firing down by a couple hours for the next few days. And sorry if I was unclear, I am all for the angled. I liked that a lot. I meant the magnetic pouch being used outside of gaming, unless it was for light utility.

And flgfish. Bad ass man, do you have a picture?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 5:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flgfish] [#13]
And flgfish. Bad ass man, do you have a picture?
View Quote

I didn't, but I took one because you asked.  Blue Alpha belt, Esstac mag pouches, BFG dump pouch, Coyote burrito, Safariland QLS adapter/holster.  That one is a Ragnarok with a G44 in it, because that was what I grabbed out of the safe.  All things are attached with one wrap except the QLS adapter, which is on a Safariland high ride adapter.

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By flgfish:

I didn't, but I took one because you asked.  Blue Alpha belt, Esstac mag pouches, BFG dump pouch, Coyote burrito, Safariland QLS adapter/holster.  That one is a Ragnarok with a G44 in it, because that was what I grabbed out of the safe.  All things are attached with one wrap except the QLS adapter, which is on a Safariland high ride adapter.

https://i.imgur.com/hwO6CSIl.jpg
View Quote

Awesome dude. How do you like the Blue force gear dump pouch? And nice patch lol!
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome dude. How do you like the Blue force gear dump pouch? And nice patch lol!
View Quote

I like it.  The size is the main thing.  It's functional as a dump pouch if a bit of a PITA to stow after deployment, but it disappears when you're not using it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#16]
What is everyone's preferred pistol mag pouch that supports both Glock and 2011 mags? I was planning on the esstac pouches but I see that they make ones specifically for 2011 mags, and this has me believing that their standard pistol kiwi's don't play well with 2011 mags, is this correct?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:
What is everyone's preferred pistol mag pouch that supports both Glock and 2011 mags? I was planning on the esstac pouches but I see that they make ones specifically for 2011 mags, and this has me believing that their standard pistol kiwi's don't play well with 2011 mags, is this correct?
View Quote

I think the "shell" is the same but the insert is different. On Esstac's site you can order the inserts. Easy enough to pop them in and out depending on what you're running that day. Personally, that's the game plan I have for myself on this very same issue, until someone tells me I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SxPxDx:
I think the "shell" is the same but the insert is different. On Esstac's site you can order the inserts. Easy enough to pop them in and out depending on what you're running that day. Personally, that's the game plan I have for myself on this very same issue, until someone tells me I'm wrong.
View Quote

The inserts also loose shape over time if you keep mags in them. They still securely hold mags, and they are easy to reshape. Not sure if the 2011 use a different thickness kydex though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:24:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Real_PhillBert] [#19]

The inserts also loose shape over time if you keep mags in them. They still securely hold mags, and they are easy to reshape. Not sure if the 2011 use a different thickness kydex though.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By SxPxDx:

Thanks for the info, guys. I did not realize that the Esstac inserts were specific and swappable!
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:57:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Claytonhoneyberry] [#20]
Not worth it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 5:52:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rbass] [#21]
Thanks primarily to all the input of this thread I just ordered my first belt setup. I went with QLS mid ride, holsters for lighted G17 and Beretta 92X pistols. Two single kywi pistol mag pouches, one mid ride double gap mp5 kywi pouch (for two beretta 30rd mags), and two single .556 kywi pouches. Belt is Blue Alpha Gear standard double belt, and I’ll have a HSGI micro grip Velcro liner as an option. Idea is to have a rig fairly easy to switch from Glock/AR, to my Beretta/PCC. All that stuff wouldn’t be on it at the same time of course, rifle pouches and holsters would be swapped. It was suggested here to try the double belt and padded insert, for multiple use/flexibility reasons, which makes sense. In reality I’ll mostly use this as a first practice rig for range trips, to hopefully improve my skill. The padded liner is a good way to have a super quick don belt, for that ever present bump in the night scenario. ;) I’ve been enjoying all the pics and posts in this thread, I’ll put one up once this all gets here and you guys can then tell me how to redo it all correctly. :D
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Thanks for the info, guys. I did not realize that the Esstac inserts were specific and swappable!
View Quote

They are. Also they are easy to form. Turn on a stove burner and let it heat up if you need more tension or less. I left glock mags in mine for a couple weeks one time. They lost a lot of retention. Heat up and bend the tabs outward more if you like that tight fit.

Also, if you plan on swapping them, my plan of attack is taking my index finger and starting from the top and putting my finger down the velcro side until it is like a barrier to the velcro. Use your other hand and slide the insert right out instead of fighting the velcro. It can be done quickly if you decide to take both types of guns to the range on the same day. Hope it helps out man. Let me know how the 2011 inserts work!
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Let's see how well the Improved IFAK insert and the LBT-9022B play together...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 1:56:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#24]
Attachment Attached File

Anyone know the intended purpose of the the two grommets and short length of paracord on the IFAK insert? I'm thinking that maybe it is to secure a roll of medical tape.

Attachment Attached File

Keep in mind, the primary purpose for me exploring the interplay between the USGI Improved IFAK Insert and the LBT-9022B is due to the fact that the BFG MTKN! requires the use of mini bandages. The end result is a larger (but better IMO) belt mounted IFAK.

Attachment Attached File

Now... Where to place medical shears?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

@Real_PhillBert

Esstac obviously. There is a difference. As others mentioned you can just buy the insert.

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210815_173319664_jpg-2053789.JPG

Anyone know the intended purpose of the the two grommets and short length of paracord on the IFAK insert? I'm thinking that maybe it is to secure a roll of medical tape.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210815_173515422_jpg-2053790.JPG

Keep in mind, the primary purpose for me exploring the interplay between the USGI Improved IFAK Insert and the LBT-9022B is due to the fact that the BFG MTKN! requires the use of mini bandages. The end result is a larger (but better IMO) belt mounted IFAK.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210815_173807881_jpg-2053792.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210815_173912254_jpg-2053793.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210815_173923077_jpg-2053794.JPG
View Quote

When you pull the cord to release the bag, is it tough to install and pack back in? Hypothetically, if you were in a fire fight and pulled the tab and cord, is it easy to put back or would you have to leave it/put it in a pack?
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Its not hard to put stuff back in the pouch and it's fairly easy to reassemble, but it's hardly something thats going to be done under duress much less quickly.

Not really sure why speed repacking an IFAK while being shot at is a concern.
View Quote

Probably something to do with putting it on over weather layers or something.  I dunno, not like I have any experience with it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#30]

When you pull the cord to release the bag, is it tough to install and pack back in? Hypothetically, if you were in a fire fight and pulled the tab and cord, is it easy to put back or would you have to leave it/put it in a pack?
View Quote

Being on the small of your back, none of them make it easy to place the contents/inserts back into the sleeve. It is easier to reinsert than a MTKN!.

If I had to deploy it with bullets flying, I'd probably just stuff it into a cargo pocket afterwards.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Being on the small of your back, none of them make it easy to place the contents/inserts back into the sleeve. It is easier to reinsert than a MTKN!.

If I had to deploy it with bullets flying, I'd probably just stuff it into a cargo pocket afterwards.
View All Quotes

Yep. I have the MTKN! And whatever of the few items in there that weren't used, would go in my pocket or dump pouch. I should actually get a few more pressure bandages and gauze to keep in my truck or pack to resupply my small belt and PC kits after I use them. If it is ever down to real SHTF and I have to use them, I don't think I'll be going home and ordering more online!
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Its not hard to put stuff back in the pouch and it's fairly easy to reassemble, but it's hardly something thats going to be done under duress much less quickly.

View All Quotes

The current USGI IFAK has a bad habit of falling out at the worst times. I've stuffed a buddie's back into his pouch more than a couple times in training.

I doubt any decent civilian-designed pouch has this issue though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 9:03:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ex_Sanguine_Nation] [#33]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210815_173319664_jpg-2053789.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210815_173515422_jpg-2053790.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210815_173807881_jpg-2053792.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210815_173912254_jpg-2053793.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210815_173923077_jpg-2053794.JPG
View Quote

This guy does the same - seems to work for him.

Shake Down: Counting Coup Tactical's Recce Kit
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUoemDTiHvs
View Quote

That video is what prompted me to pick up the insert. I think I posted it earlier in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:09:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ex_Sanguine_Nation] [#35]

That video is what prompted me to pick up the insert. I think I posted it earlier in this thread.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUoemDTiHvs

Gottcha. It's hard to keep up

I'm trying to decide if I'm happy with my BFG Now!, or if I might like something else better.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#36]
The Coyote Burrito is simpler than the BFG solution and easier to pack.  Not as compact.  Has an integrated TQ holder.  I like it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By flgfish:
The Coyote Burrito is simpler than the BFG solution and easier to pack.  Not as compact.  Has an integrated TQ holder.  I like it.
View Quote

That's the one I keep going back to. What I am looking for doesn't have to be ultra-compact, but I would like upward or downward deployment. I like the LBT fine but not in love with finer motor skills that seem needed to deploy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#38]

No, but now I need one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

The current USGI IFAK has a bad habit of falling out at the worst times. I've stuffed a buddie's back into his pouch more than a couple times in training.

I doubt any decent civilian-designed pouch has this issue though.
View Quote

Pretty sure it was based on the SOTECH Viper. FWIW apparently USAMMDA and CoTCCC are going back and forth on trying to slim down the JFAK and go with something like the NAR Eagle.
Sounds like USAF wants to keep the gigantic JFAK they developed a few years ago, no idea on input from the other branches.
Mag sized med pouches are great, most orgs/agencies implementing TCCC keep TQs stowed separately anyhow.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Well if SHTF, and that was my only medical supplies on my at the time, I would not want to leave it behind. Repacking is maybe not the word I had in mind, more like retaining the supplies. I don't have a solution other than maybe velcro and a swift clip like the system I have. I have seen that pack enough to just wonder. I should have made it more clear that I was wondering about the tab and the white wire/string and how it is strung through.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Thank man, I was just curious since most of you guy rock it. I am not a med expert so what ever I have on my is all I got and I need to keep track of it if I can LOL.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 6:23:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#42]

Thank man, I was just curious since most of you guy rock it. I am not a med expert so what ever I have on my is all I got and I need to keep track of it if I can LOL.
View Quote

If you are worried about keeping all of your med kit components, the LBT pull tab could easily be tethered to your belt. Once you yank out and use the USGI insert, you could fold it back up and shove it in a cargo pocket.

Re: the wire. It is a flexible braided wire with clear shrink wrap over it. When you pull the tab, it flexes enough to allow you to pull it out of the cordura loops on the bottom of the LBT-9022B.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Wanted a bottle pouch on the war belt. Maxpedition mini. Perfect.

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:55:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waldershrek] [#45]
All my stuff is Esstac ranger green. Anybody make a kydex holster in ranger green to go with it? Looks like the new Safarilands only come in ranger green for the MOS versions (G19). OD green is probably a second choice I'm just not sure how it will match.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 9:30:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#46]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Raven Tactical makes two IFAKs that are low profile. I've used them at work for the past 7 years. Quality is great and they function perfectly. I've had them mounted on different PC/belts. They stay put while running, sprinting, climbing fences, etc. Worth a look.

IFAKs
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Out walking in the woods a little today
Attachment Attached File

Did a little shooting too
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I just got a coyote tactical burrito in today. I like it. Super simple and came with a insert that fit exactly what I wanted in it (chest seals, chitogauze, and a bandage). It's probably as small as you can go and get what I want in it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:17:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms] [#50]
Working on my first belt:

Esstac Shooters Belt
Esstac mag pouches
Esstac dump pouch
Soil Eater TQ holder
Leatherman Mut

Will probably get a Blue Alpha Gear hook for gloves and a HSGI Bleeder pouch.

I 3d printed a belt loop for the Leatherman Mut, working so far, might replace it with an Esstac one for peace of mind though.

I need new holsters, I asked this on another thread, but do you all consider active retention a requirement for battle belt holsters?

Thanks
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top