Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 153
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 9:00:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#1]
Any recommendations for a rather inexpensive made in the US but not crappy cheap either chest panel with harness and adjustable, that I can add my own pouches to?

Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Hsgi
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:31:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#3]
The AO chest rig?

Thanks, I'm hoping that's what you had meant, ordered.

Last night I had noticed that I had lost weight, and panicked. Great being less of a fatty but now my belt can't be be any more adjusted to get smaller and for all intents and purposes a heavy hula hoop, so long story short I ordered a smaller belt (also HSGI) and no longer had the funds for a good chest rig. My class is in a month and I do not want to carry all six magazines plus three pistol mags and a secondary all on one belt  for five days straight
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 4:53:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: demoMouse] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HKD126:
Can anyone recommend some sort clip/attachment for an Esstac belt to clip some gloves onto? Gloves have loops.
View Quote

Personally I throw mine in my range bag to keep the clutter of bullshit off my belt. There is exactly ZERO reason to clip gloves to your belt aside from “don’t forget them when you go to the range.”*

I’d use the absolute cheapest 1” Ozark Trail carabiners that Walmart has to offer for that particular application.

*AHA!!! BUT WHAT IF I HAVE TO DO SUPER-RAPELLING, DemOmousE??????
Behold some gloves you can rope with AND shoot in!
https://www.moosejaw.com/product/metolius-full-finger-belay-glove_10367386?ad_id=BingPLA&utm_source=BingPLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_campaign=Metolius&cm_mmc=PLA-_-MSN-_-MJ-Shopping-NonPromo-NonBrand%7CMJ-Shopping-NonPromo-NonBrand-_-google%7C384833022%7C1302921529681511%7C%7Cpla-4585032212145608%7Cm%7C%7C4188743&msclkid=c9de2fddc1d51c7e72574f02bc6e0bcb
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By @GlockLuvinRedleg:

Still think it looks.better in your pictures,
You need to get one with it rocking the dumper

Eta
Can't wait for this tiger cordura to come in.
View Quote

I’m REALLY looking forward to that homie!

Link Posted: 7/2/2021 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Can anyone recommend some sort clip/attachment for an Esstac belt to clip some gloves onto? Gloves have loops.
View Quote

Originally Posted By flpickupman:

I have one of these in woodland.
View Quote

Just got mine in. Looks like it'll work great
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

👍
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By demoMouse:

I’m REALLY looking forward to that homie!

https://i.imgur.com/p9fbtu0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4eHykym.jpg
View Quote

Thats hot
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Onewrap and an ITW clash-hook.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:13:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: acegunner] [#10]

View All Quotes

I me mentioned mine hung too low. Different manufacturer,  I believe,  but the same concept.  If you can just get that hook and have Velcro one wrap, you can make it ride higher. Mine is perfect now. If the hook is just a few bucks, I'd get it. That's just my personal preference though. This is cut off and mounted with VO wrap which the original MC piece, the hook was at the very bottom of the pic. Attachment Attached File

This is where is was when I wrapped it and let it hand at the bottom of the belt before running it through the MOLLE to raise it up more. I wish I had a pic of the complete piece....way to low for me. It could also depend on what gloves you have and how long the hoops are

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By acegunner:

I me mentioned mine hung too low. Different manufacturer,  I believe,  but the same concept.  If you can just get that hook and have Velcro one wrap, you can make it ride higher. Mine is perfect now. If the hook is just a few bucks, I'd get it. That's just my personal preference though. This is cut off and mounted with VO wrap which the original MC piece, the hook was at the very bottom of the pic. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121400/20210710_224835_jpg-2009547.JPG

This is where is was when I wrapped it and let it hand at the bottom of the belt before running it through the MOLLE to raise it up more. I wish I had a pic of the complete piece....way to low for me. It could also depend on what gloves you have and how long the hoops are

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121400/20210710_224842_jpg-2009549.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By acegunner:

I me mentioned mine hung too low. Different manufacturer,  I believe,  but the same concept.  If you can just get that hook and have Velcro one wrap, you can make it ride higher. Mine is perfect now. If the hook is just a few bucks, I'd get it. That's just my personal preference though. This is cut off and mounted with VO wrap which the original MC piece, the hook was at the very bottom of the pic. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121400/20210710_224835_jpg-2009547.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121400/20210710_224842_jpg-2009549.JPG

Funny about this. I just finished switching my belt from Glock to 2011, so obviously needed to switch holsters, mag pouches, etc.  I figured I would try onewrap over my esstac clips.  So far I really like it. Position them exactly where I want and they also are not taking away velcro contact.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 3:25:49 AM EDT
[#12]
What do you guys think of GBRS Groups belt? HERE

It was designed by them and is made by LBT.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I think a $225 belt is crazy stupid. There only so many ways to make a belt and with only so many choices of material.
I still think the best bang for the buck going is the Belts that AWS makes. (Makes them for Ronin as well)

There reaches a point of diminishing returns where you're just paying more then is needed to obtain a good quality belt. Just my $.02
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:06:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USAFtacFANAC] [#14]
Originally Posted By S-1:

View Quote

That is pretty steep. I do think it falls under the 'hypebeast' stuff. Not trashing them, the hypebeast mentality comes from the younger generation. I am with whiskers. I have 3 esstac belts. All of them use one wrap which lets you put a pouch exactly where you want without the loss of velcro contact. I have a one wrap thread in the tac gear forum. Nothing special, but maybe read some accounts and see the few pictures in there to help you make a decision on which route to go.

To me, the price of that belt alone, could make a whole belt setup. Belt, Kywi's, holster, and dump pouch. That is just my opinion as I am not made of money!

ETA: I would like to add that is does look good. So does the Bison by Ferro. I think this tigris material is worth looking into. The exposed tigris does look tacticool. Does tigris make a belt worth over 200 bucks? That is not for me to say. I dont know about their customer service (prob fine) but I do know first hand that no one touches Esstac on CS. I talk to Dan so much at this point, that I shoot him pictures of range trips and LARPING pics just because he treats the wife and I as friends rather than customers. Ryan is always active on the boards and will give good advice and make any problem right.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

It looks like a worse way to make a Tegris belt than the AXL Eclipse, and it's like twice as expensive.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
I think there are WAY too many Tier 1 belts out there for HALF that price. $255 is crazy and it doesn't do anything better than other options.

Not saying anything is wrong with it, but I don't see $255 worth.  

You can get a Blue Alpha double Molle belt wit upgraded inner belt for $150
Esstac double pistol and 2 single rifle pouches for about $80ish

Both of these companies have a solid reputation and plenty of people in these threads run the shit out of them.

You can get that and a roll of Velcro One wrap for under $255
Or whatever your flavor, doesn't have to be those, but the pouches DO have to be Esstac

Unless there is something I'm missing, I just don't see paying that much. Good luck and let us know what you go with...and post pics

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:13:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#17]
GBRS Group is made up of former DEVGRU operators. That's "worth" at least $50 right off the bat. The way they differentiate (somewhat - Eagle does the same thing) is to put the hook side of the Velcro facing outwards on the inner belt. Reasoning is that it is less irritating should you not don the outer belt perfectly and have a multi-hour infil where you are sardined into a UH-60. The other "value add" is that it is sold as a 3 piece system. Inner belt, inner belt cover and outer belt.

GBRS video on the belt in question:

Side note:

Some of the GBRS ex-DEVGRU guys are running Esstac KIWYs. Way to go @esstac- @RyanEsstac!
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#18]
The Eagle OGB is also a good option. Especially when they’re running a sale.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
for that price I hope it comes fully loaded with pouches and that safariland holster pictured. OUCH.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I want to take a stab at a belt.  I’m taking my first car one and pistol course in October.  The below pouches are what I randomly have on hand, and also have rifle mag pouches that match the green plastic pistol pouch on the right.  This stuff usable?  What belt, holster, and holster attachment would be recommended?  I don’t necessarily care about patterns matching.

Also, I need to set the belt up for LH long gun and RH pistol.  A summing I need to put the rifle mags on the right side with the pistol holster.  Looked through several pages and couldn’t find a pic of such a setup.  Any ideas how I pull that off without either being in the way of the other, including sitting?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TSU45:

I want to take a stab at a belt.  I'm taking my first car one and pistol course in October.  The below pouches are what I randomly have on hand, and also have rifle mag pouches that match the green plastic pistol pouch on the right.  This stuff usable?  What belt, holster, and holster attachment would be recommended?  I don't necessarily care about patterns matching.

ESSTAC belt seems to be the consensus. Inner and outer belt system. You can attach most of those pouches (except the green one I'm guessing) with Velcro one wrap.  I recommend a Safariland ALS retention holster (whatever one fits your gun) with a standard or high-rise belt loop if you want to sit comfortably.

View All Quotes

I want to take a stab at a belt.  I'm taking my first car one and pistol course in October.  The below pouches are what I randomly have on hand, and also have rifle mag pouches that match the green plastic pistol pouch on the right.  This stuff usable?  What belt, holster, and holster attachment would be recommended?  I don't necessarily care about patterns matching.

ESSTAC belt seems to be the consensus. Inner and outer belt system. You can attach most of those pouches (except the green one I'm guessing) with Velcro one wrap.  I recommend a Safariland ALS retention holster (whatever one fits your gun) with a standard or high-rise belt loop if you want to sit comfortably.

Also, I need to set the belt up for LH long gun and RH pistol.  A summing I need to put the rifle mags on the right side with the pistol holster.  Looked through several pages and couldn't find a pic of such a setup.  Any ideas how I pull that off without either being in the way of the other, including sitting?

You may have to just experiment after getting a holster to see. Also depends on how many mags you want to carry (I only carry one rifle mag on my belt...if I need more than that I'm feeding the gun off a chest rig or plate carrier). There is a horizontal KIWI pouch that may be useful.  https://esstac.com/horizontal-single-kywi-midlength/

Also, don't forget medical on your belt
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#23]

I want to take a stab at a belt.  I’m taking my first car one and pistol course in October.  The below pouches are what I randomly have on hand, and also have rifle mag pouches that match the green plastic pistol pouch on the right.  This stuff usable?  What belt, holster, and holster attachment would be recommended?  I don’t necessarily care about patterns matching.

Also, I need to set the belt up for LH long gun and RH pistol.  A summing I need to put the rifle mags on the right side with the pistol holster.  Looked through several pages and couldn’t find a pic of such a setup.  Any ideas how I pull that off without either being in the way of the other, including sitting?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/166097/24295AE6-8009-447E-8E28-3D3B97C9866F_jpe-2012895.JPG
View Quote

Esstac belt. Use One wrap to attach the pouches to the belt. It can be bought at home depot. Holster is personal preference. I like Trex ragnaroks, just a simple kydex holster. A ton of people like Safariland ALS. As far as attaching the holster to the belt, I use a Safariland UBL. I use the QLS system, but that is because I shoot with 3 different guns. If you only have one, just attach the holster to the UBL.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
GBRS Group is made up of former DEVGRU operators. That's "worth" at least $50 right off the bat. The way they differentiate (somewhat - Eagle does the same thing) is to put the hook side of the Velcro facing outwards on the inner belt. Reasoning is that it is less irritating should you not don the outer belt perfectly and have a multi-hour infil where you are sardined into a UH-60. The other "value add" is that it is sold as a 3 piece system. Inner belt, inner belt cover and outer belt.

GBRS video on the belt in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZGafeKDaNI

Side note:

Some of the GBRS ex-DEVGRU guys are running Esstac KIWYs. Way to go @esstac- @RyanEsstac!
View Quote

Anyone who shoots a decent amount would never want the hook side on the inner belt.  It will annoy the hell out of you.   Any taking the belt off on an infil is stupid, really fucking stupid
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mban2:

Anyone who shoots a decent amount would never want the hook side on the inner belt.  It will annoy the hell out of you.   Any taking the belt off on an infil is stupid, really fucking stupid
View Quote

@mban2

LOL... Tell that to DEVGRU.

I can see a strong argument for hook facing out on the inner belt for the exact reasons stated in the video I posted and the remarks made by @TCBA_Joe. The fact the Eagle Industries already does it tells you just about all you need to know.

Also, no one is taking the outer belt off during infil. The argument was that the hook would be digging into you unless the outer belt was attached/aligned perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#26]

@mban2

LOL... Tell that to DEVGRU.

I can see a strong argument for hook facing out on the inner belt for the exact reasons stated in the video I posted and the remarks made by @TCBA_Joe. The fact the Eagle Industries already does it tells you just about all you need to know.

Also, no one is taking the outer belt off during infil. The argument was that the hook would be digging into you unless the outer belt was attached/aligned perfectly.
View Quote

So, let me get this straight... you want the scratchy Velcro always exposed to your arms/shirts for roughly 75% of the time when you don’t have your overbelt on just to mitigate the circumstance that you would put your over
belt on incorrectly, causing the scratchy Velcro to touch your skin?

Seems like that problem is easily solved by just putting your gun belt on correctly.  Just because your different doesn’t mean you are useful
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:20:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#27]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Hook on the inner belt was done at the request of serveral units for exactly the reasons I stated. I'm friends with the designer of the Eagle belt and was laid out why exactly they did this when I too complained about it.

The loop on the inner belt is great for the average guy driving to the range who doesn't want the velcro sticking to his seat fabric or Teeshirt.

Pick your poison, but when you're a professional who wears drysuits, CBRNE gear, need better retention of the belts for helo retention and fatigue runners while fast roping and hook and climbing, then hook inner belt makes much more sense even if it causes pilling on your combat top when not wearing the outer belt.
View Quote

I guess I’m not professional enough
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:43:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSully] [#29]
The hook on the Eagle inner is pretty low profile. It may catch fabric, but it’s not scratching arms or hands. And it’s excellent for grabbing loop, of course.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Are you fast roping? Are you climbing a caving ladder up a ship? Do you wear dry suits? Do you wear CBRNE gear?

If not then you have other concerns to deal with.

There's a difference between "i have different needs" and the sweeping "anyone who shoots at all would know better".

My Tyr belt staying around my waist (and not getting pulled point my armpits) while using a fatigue runner or not abraiding an AP-PPE suit is more important in my professional life than not piling my combat shirt.

I have a different arrangement in my mom professional life so I don't need to worry about wrecking my tee shirts while riding to the range or desert.
View Quote

I have done all of those things.  Their design is to be different, not functional
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Gurthy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gurthy:

Also, I need to set the belt up for LH long gun and RH pistol.  A summing I need to put the rifle mags on the right side with the pistol holster.  Looked through several pages and couldn't find a pic of such a setup.  Any ideas how I pull that off without either being in the way of the other, including sitting?

You may have to just experiment after getting a holster to see. Also depends on how many mags you want to carry (I only carry one rifle mag on my belt...if I need more than that I'm feeding the gun off a chest rig or plate carrier). There is a horizontal KIWI pouch that may be useful.  https://esstac.com/horizontal-single-kywi-midlength/

@gurthy

Do I need the “inner Velcro belt” with the shooters belt?
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#33]
The hook on the Eagle inner is pretty low profile. It may catch fabric, but it’s not scratching arms or hands. And it’s excellent for grabbing loop, of course.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122245/4C1B7088-050D-46B6-ABA6-0E6C2BE24435_jpe-2013368.JPG
View Quote

Yeah, its "high cycle" which is basically "high strength"
The lower slightly firmer hooks don't get stressed/ flexed as much as "normal" velcro, they're also slightly thicker.

Its also "strong as fuck"
I have a full roll of it (48 inches by 100 some odd feet)
It comes with the hooks facing out.

You do not want to get it near anything that may be even slightly fuzzy, to include micro fiber, or a loop lined belt like the old riggers d ring belts.

When I have to move the roll it sounds like a cross between drunk midget wrestling and commercial roofers having a cursing contest
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GlockLuvinRedleg:

The lower slightly firmer hooks don't get stressed/ flexed as much as "normal" velcro, they're also slightly thicker.

You do not want to get it near anything that may be even slightly fuzzy, to include micro fiber, or a loop lined belt like the old riggers d ring belts.

When I have to move the roll it sounds like a cross between drunk midget wrestling and commercial roofers having a cursing contest
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122245/4C1B7088-050D-46B6-ABA6-0E6C2BE24435_jpe-2013368.JPG

🤣
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 1:15:10 AM EDT
[#35]
I brought a new "war belt" into the world today.

As you can see it's just been born, and hasn't even had time to grow all of its panels yet.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#36]
I brought a new "war belt" into the world today.

As you can see it's just been born, and hasn't even had time to grow all of its panels yet.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27868/20210714_132712-2013348.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I guess me breaking down and binge watching all seasons of SEAL Team over the last two weeks has affected my thoughts on AOR-2.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#37]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/download_jpg-2014352.JPG

I guess me breaking down and binge watching all seasons of SEAL Team over the last two weeks has affected my thoughts on AOR-2.
View Quote

You're not the only one, you don't even want to know what Berry complaint 500d, velcro, and webbing costs if your not buying 10k yards at a time for the price break.

Link Posted: 7/15/2021 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#40]

@gurthy

Do I need the "inner Velcro belt" with the shooters belt?
View Quote

@TSU45

Not necessarily, but it will stay put much better and be more comfortable. The inner belt is included when you buy the outer belt so no additional cost.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Harv24:
I think a $225 belt is crazy stupid. There only so many ways to make a belt and with only so many choices of material.
I still think the best bang for the buck going is the Belts that AWS makes. (Makes them for Ronin as well)

There reaches a point of diminishing returns where you're just paying more then is needed to obtain a good quality belt. Just my $.02
View Quote

This guy gets it.
Nothing on this belt is going to shift or bounce, I save my one wrap for showing slings..
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 3:35:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Inimicalone:

This guy gets it.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228016/20210606_083844-1968981.jpg
Nothing on this belt is going to shift or bounce, I save my one wrap for showing slings..
View Quote

Can you walk us through your rationale for the way you laid your belt out?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By sconnieVLP:

Can you walk us through your rationale for the way you laid your belt out?
View Quote

It's strictly for shooting 2 gun with an ak. I'd be open to suggestions for improvement, but it seems to work pretty well for the application.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:22:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USAFtacFANAC] [#45]
Is that a molle sheath around the outer belt? Med kit is oversized(cool factor for Larue, but you dont need a small backpack on the belt). Pistol mags usually go in front of rifle mags.

Is your waist a size 14? I am more confused on how those molle panels are attached. You could rip those off and use one wrap and cut down on the clutter. Or invest in some esstac Kywi's and still clean it up more.

Not saying you need to spend 255 on a belt brother, but some updating with 9 dollar one wrap directly to the outer belt instead of those molle panels (if they are removable) would be a great start.

ETA: Saving one wrap for slings??? Bruh, it is 9 bucks at home depot and comes in a 5 or 6 ft strip. I have done 3 belts and still have half a roll left.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm a size 30 and you run out of room fast. The molle panels Velcro to both the inner and outer belt, so the outer could be stand alone if desired. Yes on the one wrap.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:39:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inimicalone] [#49]
Any suggestions on a medkit?
Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#50]
The molle are individual panels.
I'll try the pistol mags up, I've just never done it that way...
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top