And fixed!  Cheers!  
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]
crye mrb 2.0

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quick question, does HSGI do any sales?  Black Friday is coming up and I would hate to drop $200+ and a week later they have a sale.  On that note, what about Esstac?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#7]
ALS arrived today.

Worth. Every. Penny.

Rest of kit is slowly tricklin' in.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
ALS arrived today.

Worth. Every. Penny.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:45:48 AM EDT
[#9]
ALS arrived today.

Worth. Every. Penny.

View Quote
i agree safariland holster's are worth the price of admission

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve got a tall triple kiwi panel for my PC, and a double 1911 gap pouch for my belt, in my cart at Esstac. Which single m4 pouch do I want for my belt? Shorty, mid, or tall??
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
I've got a tall triple kiwi panel for my PC, and a double 1911 gap pouch for my belt, in my cart at Esstac. Which single m4 pouch do I want for my belt? Shorty, mid, or tall??
View Quote
I like mid on my belt, but I know guys who prefer short. The slight extra bit of retention is why I go for mids.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PatriotNC:
I like mid on my belt, but I know guys who prefer short. The slight extra bit of retention is why I go for mids.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PatriotNC:
I've got a tall triple kiwi panel for my PC, and a double 1911 gap pouch for my belt, in my cart at Esstac. Which single m4 pouch do I want for my belt? Shorty, mid, or tall??

Plus mids ride lower
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for mids. They're just right.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#14]
While I don’t have a ton of experience with it, I like my belt mounted shorty 5.56 kywi
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I’ve got a tall triple kiwi panel for my PC, and a double 1911 gap pouch for my belt, in my cart at Esstac. Which single m4 pouch do I want for my belt? Shorty, mid, or tall??
View Quote

I prefer mids as they ride a bit lower.  It keeps the top of the magazine from interfering with a plate carrier.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:

https://i.postimg.cc/ht7b4Hjx/20201119_162533.jpg
View Quote

Do those work with a Polymer80/x300 assuming it’s using a G19 slide/barrel for compatible retention point?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:

https://i.postimg.cc/ht7b4Hjx/20201119_162533.jpg
View Quote

Which holsters are these? Look different than my 6354DO.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

I prefer mids as they ride a bit lower.  It keeps the top of the magazine from interfering with a plate carrier.
View Quote

Does the mid clear your PC? I’m used to running Tacos.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

It does, just barely.  A lot of that will depend on your plate carrier size and your torso size.  But the mids ride an inch lower than the shorts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

I'll be the odd man out.  You don't want any of them.

Keep the belt lightweight and low profile, as not to interfere with your PC.  You've already got four mags, three on your PC and one in the rifle. If that's not going to solve your problem, one more on your belt isn't.

And no doubt, probably a pretty unpopular opinion in this thread.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 6:36:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1iviper] [#21]
Originally Posted By N2CH_556:

Do those work with a Polymer80/x300 assuming it's using a G19 slide/barrel for compatible retention point?
View Quote
i don't think the p80 frame will work because of the rail but i'm not 100 percent positive.  you might be able to loosen the light tension screw all the way to make room for the rail

i use it for a couple of g19's and a g45 with threaded barrels , either with an x300 or tlr-1 hl

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GTRider245:

Which holsters are these? Look different than my 6354DO.
View Quote
one is a 6390rds for an fn509T and one is a 6392rds for glocks , the 6392rds is the same as 6390rds but with a higher ride height

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

I think it's a totally reasonable opinion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

Keep the belt lightweight and low profile, as not to interfere with your PC.  You've already got four mags, three on your PC and one in the rifle. If that's not going to solve your problem, one more on your belt isn't.

I think it's a totally reasonable opinion.

I do as well.

I only keep on rifle mag carrier on my belt for when I'm working with the rifle sans PC. I used to run two rifle mags on my belt, but have since dropped one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Light bois have a great point.

I just prefer reloading from a belt and an extra isn't that much weight.

To your point though "x isn't a lot of extra weight" repeated turns into... extra weight.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#26]

It does, just barely.  A lot of that will depend on your plate carrier size and your torso size.  But the mids ride an inch lower than the shorts.
View Quote
Body shape's definitely got a lot to do with it. My torso isn't particularly long and I use a soft armor carrier that goes lower than plates will on most people, and my mids don't interface with my carrier. Tried a lot of mag carriers and keep coming back to Kywi mids.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#27]
HSGI operator belt with grippy thing came today, waiting  on the slim grip to compare. I like the operator,  but its multicam not coyote. Aren't there rules of war about fashion?

Which ever one doesn't make the cut will go to the EE. Or I'll just build two.

Pic thread, I know. Soon, very soon.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#28]
HSGI operator belt with grippy thing came today, waiting  on the slim grip to compare. I like the operator,  but its multicam not coyote. Aren't there rules of war about fashion?

Which ever one doesn't make the cut will go to the EE. Or I'll just build two.

Pic thread, I know. Soon, very soon.
View Quote

I mean..
I'm right down the road... but 2 is better
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

To your point though "x isn't a lot of extra weight" repeated turns into... extra weight.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

I to have dropped to one rifle one pistol on the belt.
Weight +Old age is not a good mix..
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:

View Quote

I debated going with one pistol mag as well. Pistol is absolutely secondary to the rifle. You don't need four spare mags for it...unless you don't plan on carrying your rifle.

But I went with two spares just in case I ever want to fire my gun up in the air and go "Ahhhhhhhhh"

Have you ever fired your gun up in the air and gone 'Ah'?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#32]

I debated going with one pistol mag as well. Pistol is absolutely secondary to the rifle. You don't need four spare mags for it...unless you don't plan on carrying your rifle.

But I went with two spares just in case I ever want to fire my gun up in the air and go "Ahhhhhhhhh"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9d_sLRXOH4
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9d_sLRXOH4

With todays ammo shortage....Thats a big NO...
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I guess I'm weird I use talls on my AWS, haven't had any real issues getting at the mags although to do it all again I would probably go with mids. I had switched from fastmags to to small tall esstacs i had laying around from a blem sale and that's what ive been using since. One note is that the talls work great with 40 round pmags, with the fastmags they were pretty floppy. and came up pretty high.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:37:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GingerShanks] [#34]
Think the tall kywi would not provide enough purchase for a speed reload off the belt? Or should I go with the mid? If the baseplate whacks the bottom of my PC it will annoy the piss out of me. I’m 5’9” with a short torso. S/M APC, small sapi.

Which version would be most comparable to a rifle taco in depth?

Edit: I suppose there’s a reason I can’t find many pics of a tall kywi on a belt huh?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Go with the mid and be happy. I have a mids on both of my belts and they clear the PC. Shorties do not.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By N2CH_556:

Do those work with a Polymer80/x300 assuming it’s using a G19 slide/barrel for compatible retention point?
View Quote

Yes, at least the model I have does.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Esstac sale is live with great deals

https://esstac.com/trump2020/
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:
I was asked about the thigh rig in a vehicle, and since it was brought up in comments here, I figured I'd just take a photo to show where it sits. My vehicle is a 2015 Tacoma. The holster does brush my steering wheel when I exit. YMMV depending on where you position your seat.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204956/20201101_190134_jpg-1664926.JPG

A view of the holster from standing. I am not wearing my inner belt.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204956/20201101_190311_jpg-1664930.JPG

*ETA - A photo of how the holster connects to the belt. I realized that in the original photo it looks like a mid-ride with a leg strap.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204956/20201101_194444_jpg-1664958.JPG
View Quote

Stupid question. What about drawing from seated in the vehicle?
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 6:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JASIRR] [#40]
Mostly HSGI stuff, Safariland 6390, American Rescue, TRex dump, True North, don't remember the black belt, I've had this for a while.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:29:23 AM EDT
[#41]
More doodads on the way...

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:21:42 AM EDT
[#42]
More doodads on the way...

https://i.imgur.com/vSriGMH.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/0sc0uNq.gif
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:11:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Ok....

Figured out the Safariland model numbering system.

I should have a 6390 for a 21 with a tlr1 on the way. Fingers crossed.
View Quote

Nice belt I hope soon I can get one myself .
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#44]
For anyone who has used the standard grippy style belts AND the inner/outer systems, what do you prefer? I currently have a HSGI slotted Suregrip belt but was considering the Blue Alpha with the HSGI Suregrip panel for when the outer belt is worn without the inner belt. I see benefit from the inner/outer belts working together during classes or long range sessions.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#45]
For anyone who has used the standard grippy style belts AND the inner/outer systems, what do you prefer? I currently have a HSGI slotted Suregrip belt but was considering the Blue Alpha with the HSGI Suregrip panel for when the outer belt is worn without the inner belt. I see benefit from the inner/outer belts working together during classes or long range sessions.
View Quote

I have gone back and forth with both. Gone up and down in loadout. And have settled on a 2 piece Volund Gearworks setup with an IFAK a dump pouch and one rifle and one pistol mag. And Holster of course. I went with Bladetech Tek Loks so I can easily scale up or down as needed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Get both.

I prefer the thin profile of a 2" micro belt.  In the summer I wear it as an inner/outer which is nice because its easy to get on and off and it doesn't slide around and traps minimal sweat.  In the winter I use an HSGI slim grip pad instead of the inner belt.  This arrangement works better for wearing over a bunch of outer layers and the slim grip does a decent job of keeping the belt steady.

If I were to use the belt for quick don scenarios like home defense I would stick to using the slim grip pad.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Get both.

I prefer the thin profile of a 2" micro belt.  In the summer I wear it as an inner/outer which is nice because its easy to get on and off and it doesn't slide around and traps minimal sweat.  In the winter I use an HSGI slim grip pad instead of the inner belt.  This arrangement works better for wearing over a bunch of outer layers and the slim grip does a decent job of keeping the belt steady.

If I were to use the belt for quick don scenarios like home defense I would stick to using the slim grip pad.
View Quote

This is what I am thinking. Blue Alpha inner/outer with a Suregrip pad staged for bump in the night.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#48]

This is what I am thinking. Blue Alpha inner/outer with a Suregrip pad staged for bump in the night.
View Quote

This is how I run it. Pad for surprises.  2 belts.for when i know I'll have it on.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Like with seemingly everything else in this stuff, spending more money is the way to solve the problem.

I've been meaning to try the HSGI pad that lets you turn the Blue Alpha style belts into a quasi-padded belt. That might be a reasonable option if you can only afford one.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I tried searching but can someone link me to the little beener type things to hold gloves on your belt?
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top