Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 6:26:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By raf:
Unless you are creative, and put on your thinking cap, the Frag pouch isn't useful for most of us civvies.  OTOH, if you are innovative, they can be useful.  Up to you.  Maybe not as useful as some larger pouches, but maybe easier to stash here and there on your gear.

Two things that fit great.  

1. Can of skoal.
2. Surefire spare battery and lamp carrier.

Thats all I've ever carried in my "grenade" pouches,.
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By AR15fan:

Unless you are creative, and put on your thinking cap, the Frag pouch isn't useful for most of us civvies.  OTOH, if you are innovative, they can be useful.  Up to you.  Maybe not as useful as some larger pouches, but maybe easier to stash here and there on your gear.

Two things that fit great.  

1. Can of skoal.

2. Surefire spare battery and lamp carrier.

Thats all I've ever carried in my "grenade" pouches,.

yea in iraq we mainly used em for spare batteries, smokes or a can of skol. (due to roe we almost never carried frags)

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's my progress so far on getting my rig set up,
un issued tan FLC and 2 used surplus mag shingles both dyed seperately but with same formula and amount of time. you can see the used shingles picked up a darker color than the un used flc
used the OP Wolfcri's dye method and am very pleased with the result
made an extension for the snap to carry the glock 23 and made up 6 extensions to use with pmags, the blued steel mag on the right is a junk 30 rounder that i have put in just to test fitment, these are a little longer than a usgi spec mag and they will not fit easily in the shingles
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The frag pouches are PERFECT for carrying two Garand clips! They are held fairly tight and so don't rattle but not so tight that you can't get them out. It's a much better system than the old canvas belts! A good way to create a modern load out for the old rifles.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone figured out how to put some padding under the shoulder part of the FLC? I ran around with a full load and it chafed my shoulders hard.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By scope4140:
Has anyone figured out how to put some padding under the shoulder part of the FLC? I ran around with a full load and it chafed my shoulders hard.

How about some foam padding and duct tape??? Crude but I bet it would work.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 8:12:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rightwingnut] [#7]
i'm seeing these vests for sale at maine militeary & gov liquidation already loaded up w/ stuff for like $60.  

Can't find just the vest for cheap.

If anyone could let me know where that can be had that would be great.  :)
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
I know a little about gear, as as far as I can tell, everything Raf said is correct.

However IMHO, MOLLE 1 was a horrible idea.  Having a pack that snapped into your harness was not good for load bearing, or if you had to don the pack with out vest.

MOLLE 2 pack wasn't a bad pack, just a very bad frame.  I haven't heard anything about MOLLE 3 replacing the ILBE, but I damned hope so, the ILBE sucks with body armor.  Its a mountain hiking design for people who don't wear body armor.

Taking your last point first, the MOLLE III pack frame is of vastly different design, and of a much better material.  It is specifically designed to be worn over current armored vests of varying designs, and it it is said to be FAR more durable than the MOLLE I or II frames.  My MOLLE III frame is very different from my MOLLE II frame, and much beefier in some areas. The material is said to be much better in cold enironments than the older versions.  Time will tell, but complaints seem to be scarce about the newer frames breaking as did the older versions.
Of course, some people can break anything, but the newer frames seem to be doing pretty well, AFAIK.

Now, taking your first point, the MOLLE I concept was an attempt at a great step forward in load-carrying platforms.

The soldier could easily doff his main pack, at some point, while still wearing his load bearing vest and waist belt, which still carried all their  first and second-line gear, augmented by the assault pack which containeed some third-line stuff.  IOW, the soldier could shuck, temporarily un-needed stuff, progressively, and as conditions dictated, without re-arranging the way he already carried the important gear.

A nice concept.  The troops hated it, apparently on account of problems with the socket interface.  That was a mechanical problem, and not a negaton of the basic concept.

Still, such a design, if soldier-proof, would be the HOLY GRAIL  of load-carying ensembles.  If you think it through, if such a pack design could be made to work well, it would be a great advance.

I think that someone is working on this concept, since it makes a LOT of sense.  How soon it comes into being practical, and soldier-proof is another thing.

That would be the holy grail.  
I came up w/ that ideal myself when trying  to figure out how I could do exactly what is described above, later to discover that they had worked on it already.  The closest thing I could find was Kifaru packs, & one or two models from some other companies, that have detachable kidney belts w/ pals loops, but htey are not QD.  You have to drop the whole pack & pull on this velcro flap, then put the belt back on.  Not an IA drill for if you are ambushed.  I hope someone can get that concept worked out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By rightwingnut:
i'm seeing these vests for sale at maine militeary & gov liquidation already loaded up w/ stuff for like $60.  

EBAY
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By madcatjoe:
FLCs are good for heavy loads too.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/madcatjoe/Guns%20and%20Gear/SANY1468.jpg
-Joe

How did you mount your camelbak to the FLC?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By dano83:
un issued tan FLC and 2 used surplus mag shingles both dyed seperately but with same formula and amount of time. you can see the used shingles picked up a darker color than the un used flc
made an extension for the snap to carry the glock 23 and made up 6 extensions to use with pmags, the blued steel mag on the right is a junk 30 rounder that i have put in just to test fitment, these are a little longer than a usgi spec mag and they will not fit easily in the shingles
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq212/Orear1983/dano006.jpg

I dig the idea of your 'field expedient holster.'
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Pigaloo has used woodland FLCs for sale in the old EE gear section for $9 each.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ARJJ:

Sweet!  I sent him an email.  Hopefully I can get a few more. Thanks.  I'd rather buy off the EE than Ebay.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I was playing around w/ my FLC las night & I just entirely removed the waste belt.  I  didn't need to mount anything back there & the padded belt is sort of hot & thick & I would rather it not be there if I am wearing a pack or whatever.  I just took an old nylon rifle sling & threaded it in there through the waste buckle things in the front.

I just rand the strap from rear of the vest right up to the the metal buckles on the back of the shoulder straps.  I think this might sort of change the angles of the shoulder straps though, so maybe I have to put the belt back in.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ARJJ:

Sweet!  I sent him an email.  Hopefully I can get a few more. Thanks.  I'd rather buy off the EE than Ebay.

hell yeah !! I been wanting and looking for a wodland one forever!! i got a ton of MOLLE II pouches in woodland but could never find a cheap vest

Link Posted: 4/16/2010 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SIPCAT-C:
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq212/Orear1983/dano006.jpg

I dig the idea of your 'field expedient holster.'

thanks man, I just used some leftover straping from a sling i made for my brother and some brass snaps I have left over from my leather holstermaking experiments, plan to get a purpose built holster but this will work in a pinch until I can get one, best thing is I used snaps on both sides of the strap so it is removable and does not permanantly mod the pouches
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Amazing, this thread is 14 months old and still producing great information.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 9:44:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris19delta] [#18]

Originally Posted By Cozmacozmy:

gorilla glue and an old sleeping mat still crude but atleast it looks pretty

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Chris19delta:

gorilla glue and an old sleeping mat still crude but atleast it looks pretty

Those neoprene or gell keyboard wrist pads also... Not hard to sew up a cover for it. I made a cheek riser for my AK using a cut up wrist pad made of neoprene. Sewed a cover and velcro'd it on. Works great.  The neoprene is dense but still offers alot of padding.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#20]
yea theres all kinds of ways to do it, i just picked the 1st stuff i had lyin around to use as an example
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#21]
That's why I like the older, MOLLE type LBVs - the padded shoulders. I would think a cheap, surplus LBV could be sacrificed simply for the padded shoulder sections and attached in some way. Maybe I'll pull the FLC and a LBV out today and look at ti - although in my case, the Dutch Molle LBV is my choice for carrying a full-load. The FLC is for a 'travel' load, such as I would carry while driving a car in SHTF - just a few mags, an FAK and maybe a pistol. I tried my SIG in the shingle awhile back, and liked it, although I was carrying it on left side, strong hand draw, but the inability to secure it bugged me. Great tip! I'm going to have to get some of those snaps and the tool and make some extensions. I love this thread!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:34:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#22]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 2:16:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Morg308] [#23]
Well, I checked the mag shingle/SIG clearance again, and you're right - I'd scrape the snot out of my P225 trying to access the middle pouch, which leaves only one mag - so a no go, at least for me. I will definitely check out the SDS holster - been looking at buying two, because I want to set the FLC up for a 9mm carbine, similiar to the basic German Fallschirmjager setup of WWII with the pistol on the left and three mags for MP40 on the right, which allows weak hand access to carbine mags and strong hand access to the handgun. I am in the process of building an RO635 clone, so this should work well. Since I have multiple Dutch LBVs, I can set one up the same way for the Mk18ish build but with a 5.56 mag shingle on the RH side, although I may just go with two mag shingles for a better loadout and carry the pistol on a separate belt or drop leg rig, which appeals to me somewhat as it separates 1st line and 2nd line gear a little more. The FLC 9mm setup will be more of a 'toss it on in a hurry HD/car rig' where with a simple upper change and different vest I could be 5.56 capable and ready to hike.

The other reason I like the LBV is the padded shoudlers, which is an important consideration, as you said, with shoulder pad stacking. As my favorite BOB is a simple, old-school M1941 frame pack with nothing but a sternum strap added (very easy to get in and out of - no 'waist belt') it rides very well over the LBV while the LBV provides shoulder padding so the web straps of the pack don't need padding. The Dutch LBV has female fastex fasteners sewn onto each shoulder, and I wondered if they were for a CFP90 patrol pack. I have an Italian version around here somewhere - I need to try it. I wish they were higher on the shoulder, as they seem to be right where a buttstock hits, so I may end up cutting them off, maybe resewing some back on, further back, maybe as sort of a QD buttpack.

My needs, like most civilians, are different than a grunt's - I need something relatively light, that can be thrown on easily and removed quickly, while maintaining my 1st line / 2nd line gear loadout at hand, but also be comfortable in a vehicle, but be able to carry water if necessary. There is no one 'perfect' setup, since everyone is different sizes and has different gear and weapons, which is where these cheap vests really shine IMO. I really like the FLC, and the 9mm setup should disappear pretty well under a coat, with an SBR fitting into a pack easily. raf - you had mentioned the strap extensions before, and I am definitely going to look into making some. In Vietnam the SOG guys and others used canteen covers for mag carriers - they could carry 5 or 6 in one of them. I'm thinking a current MOLLE canteen/GP pouch, maybe with a simple fastex buckle extension might be a good way to carry an extended load.

ETA: BTW, raf, thanks for the link! I am already drooling over the Tactical Tailor 'detachable Operator's pack' on the first page. I think such a pack could be adapted to my M1941 setup with very little work. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I run the waistbelt of the M1941 pretty much straight across, so it acts as a suspension, cantilevering the pack against the back. The sternum strap pulls everything tight, and the Dutch LBV gives padding in the waist area as well as the shoulders. Yes, a conventional pack may be able to carry more weight, but I can carry 50 pounds comfortably this way, and bigger packs beg the question of tactical effectiveness. FWIW I setup an Italian CFP-90 pack on an M1941 frame this way and it is huge - the waistbelt is padded, similiar to ALICE. I have also messed around with attaching a MOLLE LB waistbelt and straps to the M1941 frame, but am not entirely happy with it.

I haven't tested heavy loads over distance extensively, but will be doing that with the Italian Mt pack on M1941 frame this summer. I need to buy a new camera, but will take pics when I do. The reason I like the standard M1941 so much is it rides very well, is narrow (I can walk through doorways with it on), it carries what I need it to carry, is quickly dropped, (would be even better with fastex buckles on main straps) and it provides a huge tunnel at the small of the back which really makes cooling nice. You're right - too heavy a load w/o a good waistbelt would suck, but for 50# or less, it seems to work well. I just wish it were padded more like the M1952 (same pack with a few differences.)

The only issue I had on 10 mile hikes with weight (overnights) was a little chafing on the shoulders and neck, which more padding and the sternum strap would cure. If it had PALS webbing, it would be tits, although the frame is heavy by today's standards. I can't help it - I like them, and have 5 or 6 of them, as well as spare parts. What can I say? They work for me, and hiking with that amount of weight, but none against your back, or wrapped around your waist, was a real epiphany for me, as it was in the 90's. AZ gets hot, so anything you can do to not have a waistbelt or the pack directly against your back is good - a real difference you can feel. It would not work for long-range mission oriented stuff, as the weight those guys carry is often unbelievable. For that I would have to add a waistbelt and a larger pack body such as the Italian CFP90 I have setup. I am looking forward to seeing how the 'modernized' version works on a several day trip - again, with no real belt being used, just padding at waist level in a suspension mode. I've spent a lot of time with various packs on, and everyone tells me this won't work, but it does. It works so well, I haven't used my North Face internal frame pack in years. I hope to get out with a friend this summer a few times and really give some info on this setup.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:45:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Morg308] [#29]
Basically I replaced the original plastic frame on the Italian pack, with a spare M1941 frame. The new MOLLE airborne frame might be a better choice though, as the pocket that the frame fits into is wide, like the ALICE frame (which would likely work as well).

here's a pic of an M1941 I use a lot. On this pack the waisbelt is further back than I usually use it, but a common position when these packs were issued. Basically I run it straight across so it acts like a web suspension. I need a new camera, but when I get that issue fixed, I'll post new pics. FWIW, what I like about the frame is the arch - it provides a LOT of airflow behind the back. I can stick my entire forearm behind me between my back and the frame with the pack on, which is why I like it. The M1952 was a favorite with SF troops early on in Vietnam as the ltwt jungle pack frame is SO uncomfortable and the M1952 can carry a decent amount of gear. My usual loadout would include 2qt canteens and a bladder, as well as a sternum strap which this particular pack doesn't have. Sorry, but these are the only pics of an M1941 I have right now. If you google it you'll find an interesting page covering the variants.

ETA: From what I understand, CFP-90 was actually a NATO standard, and variants were created by many different countries. The Aussies, for example shared a similiar design with the Dutch - not sure which came first. It called for a large pack with dismountable 'Patrol pack' of a certain size.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:41:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:43:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Morg308] [#31]
You're right - the two packs have the same nomenclature - I totally forgot about that. I had one M1941 USMC 'haversack' which I gave away. This is the more common variant, although I do have a couple rarer ones, including the 1st pattern which had the wire frame and snaps rather than straps on the closures. It also had very well padded shoulder pads and is pretty comfy to carry. I know a lot of guys may laugh at the 'old school' approach, but I'm trying to mix the best of two worlds here. Not everything that is newer is necessarily better. I really love the frame geometry of the Mountain pack. A sternum strap makes a big difference. Oh, and apologies if I got OT. Let's see some more FLC setups!
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#32]
hey Morg308, i'm from AZ as well ..i like your mountian ruck and your dog ! i also have and use a old school AR-15 which i put together a few years back ,i'm really not a fan of the A-2....by the way what type of web gear do you use with your ruck and weapon?... vince g. 11b inf..
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 11Binf:
hey Morg308, i'm from AZ as well ..i like your mountian ruck and your dog ! i also have and use a old school AR-15 which i put together a few years back ,i'm really not a fan of the A-2....by the way what type of web gear do you use with your ruck and weapon?... vince g. 11b inf..

Hey neighbor! I've sold the 604 in the pics, (sans furniture) to a friend who is a VN vet, but still have several ARs - I usually hang out in the retro forum. I've pretty much settled on the Dutch MOLLE LBV since it gives some padding at shoulders and waist but takes MOLLE mag shingles just fine. I also have an FLC and want a couple more, and I am setting the FLC up for a 9mm carbine and pistol. As I said, the main problem with the mountain ruck is the lack of padding, but with an LBV it's not an issue. I also add a sternum strap, which makes a big difference. I'm in Northern AZ - where you at?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Morg308 i'm in north glendale the better part yea my retro AR-15 is kind of a franken AR it has the early upper with no forwardasist and a latter lower but all correct furniture as well...vince g. 11b inf
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Originally Posted By TiltbackJack:
Even cheaper here. Free shipping as well.

I just ordered one of these. $44.95 for the set. $5.37 shipping, and $1.46 tax. This is the ACU version. Total was $51.78. Still new and sealed in the bag.

Two three mag shingles.
Three two mag pouches.
Two grenade pouches.
Two canteen pouches.
All were mounted to the vest in the bag.

Anyone know which canteen these pouches are made for?

The GI 1 Quart canteen.
Link Posted: 4/22/2010 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 12:47:14 AM EDT
[#38]
And for the record, my pouches take PMAGS just fine. Tight, but they work.

Same here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2010 12:47:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dano83] [#39]

Same here.

maybe my pouches are a little out of spec or something, but the pmag aint going in without a fight, if I ever need the rig for something other than at the range I dont want to be fighting to get the mag in(although probably only getting the mag out would be important, probably would not be worried about getting them back in in that type of situation)

maybe has to do with the way I position my mags in the pouch, mine are facing opposite way as most other I have seen on the thread(ran that way cuz I shoot a rifle lefty, shoot a handgun righty though, screwed up I know)
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 12:04:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Same here.

maybe my pouches are a little out of spec or something, but the pmag aint going in without a fight, if I ever need the rig for something other than at the range I dont want to be fighting to get the mag in(although probably only getting the mag out would be important, probably would not be worried about getting them back in in that type of situation)

maybe has to do with the way I position my mags in the pouch, mine are facing opposite way as most other I have seen on the thread(ran that way cuz I shoot a rifle lefty, shoot a handgun righty though, screwed up I know)

I have some pouches that won't snap closed, but some of the woodland surplus mag pouches have been more accommodating.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Great info her. Now I better get my FLC out of mothballs and apply some of the lessons learened here
Link Posted: 4/26/2010 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#42]
My  all Woodland  FLC put together from arfcom E&E

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Shawnmt6601:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/shawnmt6601/linhgasmask/012-2.jpg

Did you buy some of the canteen MOLLE pouches recently?  I need a few of those for my rigs.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Starquester:
The AZ address is what's listed for "GOVERNMENT LIQUIDATION, LLC", and given the location it could be for admin purposes.

They could drop ship from a warehouse anywhere in the country.  By the time I noticed their address here in AZ, it was too late to call on friday night.

I ordered from them tonight (thanks to this thread), and noticed they charged me PA sale tax. State tax is only applied when buying/shipping an item in state. I'm guessing mine is in PA, and will be here later this week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Mine came from Ohio.

What a nightmare.  

A dozen calls to the "customer service" here in AZ, and they didn't help one bit. "Oh wait three days and call us back if it doesn't show."  Yep, only to be told the same thing many times.  They "can't look up items purchased from govsurplusstore", even though their number is listed in the contact area. One lady got ballsy and refused to put her manager on the phone for some reason, until I told her she should look at her caller ID for my number and that I can be down there to chat with them in person within ten minutes if she'd prefer that.  

I washed my hands of it after three weeks and had my girlfriend hound them(she's good at it).  It was the 29th day after I paid when she finally talked to someone who knew what the hell they were doing. I guess there's a "talk live" function on the website that she used and the guy was very apologetic and shipped the thing to me next day air.  

So, whoever is in Ohio, they're cool.  But fuck the people here in AZ, they're worthless if you ordered from the govsurplusstore.com website.

I do like the FLC though, and my Pmags fit fine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Shawnmt6601:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/shawnmt6601/linhgasmask/012-2.jpg

Did you buy some of the canteen MOLLE pouches recently?  I need a few of those for my rigs.

no  I had the canteen pouch for over a year
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 9:47:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: w12x40] [#47]
thinking of mounting a pistol holster on the rig along with mag pouches for ar and glock. any thoughts on a good, not to expensive holster that i could mount to the vest/rig?

Here is my 5" 1911
<a href="http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/?action=view¤t=mag001.jpg" target="_blank">http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/mag001.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/?action=view¤t=mag002.jpg" target="_blank">http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/mag002.jpg</a>

And here is my XD40sc
<a href="http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/?action=view¤t=mag003.jpg" target="_blank">http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/mag003.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/?action=view¤t=mag004.jpg" target="_blank">http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/mag004.jpg</a>

What model is the mag pouch you're putting your XD in? I tried to read the tag in the last picture, but couldn't quite make it out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Has anyone set up a FLC for pistol and shotgun?  I am thinking my two Paracletes strong side, three pistol mags support side and the rest of the space for dump pouch, canteen, and sustainment pouch.  I will mock up and post a pic ASAP.  If anyone has done this, please post a pic or at least a write up of pros and cons....
Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By w12x40:
thinking of mounting a pistol holster on the rig along with mag pouches for ar and glock. any thoughts on a good, not to expensive holster that i could mount to the vest/rig?

Here is my 5" 1911
<a href="http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/?action=view¤t=mag001.jpg" target="_blank">http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/mag001.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/?action=view¤t=mag002.jpg" target="_blank">http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/mag002.jpg</a>

And here is my XD40sc
<a href="http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/?action=view¤t=mag003.jpg" target="_blank">http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/mag003.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/?action=view¤t=mag004.jpg" target="_blank">http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/cozmacozmy/mag%20pouches/mag004.jpg</a>

What model is the mag pouch you're putting your XD in? I tried to read the tag in the last picture, but couldn't quite make it out.

Here is a close up of the pouch tag, I've been selling these in the EE.
Link Posted: 4/27/2010 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top