Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2017 2:31:57 PM EDT
I have finally joined the M4 owners club! Picked this up locally for $1500

I have shouldered and shot one before when the collapsible and the irons were unusable in the middle position, and the long length of pull is like it was designed for someone at least 6' minimum with ape arms. I am short @ 5'5" and while I can deal with the LOP, its not ideal. Has anyone had any positive experiences regarding the Urbino stock with extensive use? I don't mean just shooting 100 rounds of buckshot then the gun sits in the safe and never gets shot much, I mean actually use, i.e. a class or two at the least. Most of the negative stuff I keep finding about the stock is it either shoots loose or using Loctite makes it impossible to remove from the rear tube, I would rather deal with the LOP that throw away my money and have a poor quality stock

ETA: Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock for Benelli M4
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a Urbino on my M4 since day one.
Shoot the shit out of it in 3gun with no problems.
I use clear nail polish as my "Lock-Tite" on the threads and it's never loosened off and can be removed easy enough when required.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:35:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The LOP is much better vs the oem stock.

The only issue is the stock will get loose after a few hundred rounds unless you use loctite
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have a Benelli, but, I have a Remington Police Marine Magnum that I changed the stock out with the 1" shorter Mesa Tactical stock and it fits my short arms nicely. I added the Mesa Tactical 6 shot, shot shell carrier to the right side of the stock in addition to the 6 shot side saddle shot shell carrier on the left side of the receiver. It all works great.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 4:54:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I FO'd

Found one on the EE; I torqued the screw to 30 in/lbs & put 100 rounds of 2 3/4 9 pellet 00 buckshot & 100 birdshot through it, super solid and LOP is way better. Thanks for the input guys!
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I went old school with mine.  OEM straight stock.  Took me over a year to find one in stock and when I did I bought 3.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went old school with mine.  OEM straight stock.  Took me over a year to find one in stock and when I did I bought 3.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd74/eyegun/22E57DAB-A803-46B0-9835-71649D159323%202_zps0yafuffy.jpg
View Quote
I'll agree that this is the cleanest looking version of the M1014/m4. I am a sucker for that factory collapsible though.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd74/eyegun/22E57DAB-A803-46B0-9835-71649D159323%202_zps0yafuffy.jpg
View Quote
I much prefer a traditional stock for the most part, but the OEM field stock is still the same LOP as the OEM pistol grip stock unless you turn it into a project and smith it shorter. Now if only Magpul would make an SGA-type stock for the Benelli
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I much prefer a traditional stock for the most part, but the OEM field stock is still the same LOP as the OEM pistol grip stock unless you turn it into a project and smith it shorter. Now if only Magpul would make an SGA-type stock for the Benelli
View Quote
I don't see it happening due to the rather small numbers of m4 owners in comparison to those that own Remingtons and Mossbergs. Secondly, the stock would probably be profitable if it worked on the other Benelli models as well but that's a no go due to the Inertia system that recoils into the stock, the m4 has the ARGO gas system so it's not effected. I just don't see that becoming a reality sadly.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:08:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't see it happening due to the rather small numbers of m4 owners in comparison to those that own Remingtons and Mossbergs. Secondly, the stock would probably be profitable if it worked on the other Benelli models as well but that's a no go due to the Inertia system that recoils into the stock, the m4 has the ARGO gas system so it's not effected. I just don't see that becoming a reality sadly.
View Quote
Huh?  ARGO combines the legacy inertia OS, which uses the internal stock recoil tube, with piston assist.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Huh?  ARGO combines the legacy inertia OS, which uses the internal stock recoil tube, with piston assist.
View Quote
I stand corrected, brain fart stupidity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top