Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2017 11:12:12 AM EDT
So while bored at work, I did this little quick and dirty comparison.

Looks like the new breachersgrip may be a nice Shockwave upgrade.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been debating this as well nice rendering.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]
All parts would have to be permanently attached, dosnt look like they are 
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Stick a brace on there to I bet that hurt like hell if you shouldered the blade with a 12 gauges recoil. LoL
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The Shockwave stock allows you to reach the safety and it mitigates recoil a lot better than you would think. I would stick with it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#5]
My mossberg has the trigger guard safety, not the top strap. I've tried to like the shockwave, I just can't get there. Don't get me wrong, if it works for you, it is a great grip, I just can't get it to work for me. As for the potentially removable parts shortening it, I'm pretty sure only the sling stud is easy to get off, anything else that is easier to remove than the grip itself, I'll just jb weld in place.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Sig brace, not a stupid blade, on a pistol tube. Way better for 1 handed shooting.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I would really like to know if this would be an option. Depending on where the bolt goes goes through to attach it to the gun, I would gladly make the end pieces permanent to the grip assembly....as long as I can remove it in its enontirety if needed.

I cannot find that grip for sale anywhere. I can find the stock and forehand package, but not that grip.

In am thinking about buying the stock/forend package and use what I need.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would really like to know if this would be an option. Depending on where the bolt goes goes through to attach it to the gun, I would gladly make the end pieces permanent to the grip assembly....as long as I can remove it in its enontirety if needed.

I cannot find that grip for sale anywhere. I can find the stock and forehand package, but not that grip.

In am thinking about buying the stock/forend package and use what I need.
View Quote
Have you looked at the Blackhawk/knoxx breachers grip?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AQ2SRG?tag=vglnk-c102-20

ETA:
@HK_DUDE

I just realized that was the blackhawk gen3 breachers grip
http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/Long-Gun-Accessories/Stocks/Shotgun/Knoxx-BreachersGrip-Gen-III.aspx
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, I can find the older style breached grip, but can't find the gen 3 for sale anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Just use low recoil shells, it's controllable and fun.

Federal 13300
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I actually bought a cheap pair of semi padded work gloves (similar to Mechanix) and that alone made a big difference. It wasn't the recoil as much as the gun sliding in my hands and the sharp plastic edges. Night and day with the gloves on
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, I can find the older style breached grip, but can't find the gen 3 for sale anywhere.
View Quote
@HK_DUDE

http://shop.opticsplanet.com/blackhawk-knoxx-breachersgrip-gen-iii.html?_iv_code=BW-GGR-BGRP-K35002-C&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=CjwKEAjwjPXIBRDhwICRg-DbgHISJADP6QXpwgIcHN51STOeK2EP_OorjXHwX-qX4-QHiSD0ct9_dRoCtcTw_wcB
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#13]
That's a fair price too.

It says estimated to ship in 5-7 weeks. Maybe I should order, I am not in a big hurry.

Thanks for your help.

I found the whole stock package in stock one place but it is $60 or so more the another place that has it for $109...but that one (of course) isn't in stock either. I am subscribed to get an email when back in stock. I have a 18" breached 500 too, that I can legally try that out on and see if it is very effective or not.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Shockwave stock allows you to reach the safety and it mitigates recoil a lot better than you would think. I would stick with it.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I will leave this here....

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
Which exact model is that?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#17]
It's the spec ops gen 3 assembly that comes as a stock kit. When I removed the stock and buffer tube (never on the gun...to be clear). I was pleasantly surprised to see this built it steel housing that the recoil mitigation springs ride in. Permanently part of the grip adaptor.

The only thing is that the part that attaches to the rear of the receiver is a small separate piece. That shouldn't be an issue because if you a hot it with just that nub on, you would be getting hand surgery. Same as shooting the gun with no grip on.

P.S. the friend that comes with the kit fits with no mods.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#18]
nevermind...oops
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#19]
OK, the metal housing for the springs is NOT permanently attached. I just found that out. That could easily just be JB welded.

I haven't had the barrel on the gun at the same time as the grip, so we are good!

With that perm attached into the grip, it should be good to go. Can't decide if I should just use this on my 18.5" and just put the shockwave back to normal.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought the Shockwave was the only grip to be lettered other than the SIG brace.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Keep in mind ATF isn't likely to consider JB Weld a permanent installation. I like the idea, but it would need something more permanent to be legal.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I ditched the idea already. It is about perfect the way it comes...just going to add a piece of Velcro and a shotgun card to the side of the receiver.

Now that I shoot it with a nice pair of gloves, it is pretty tame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top