Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2017 8:30:47 PM EDT
Ok. So I just got a Mossberg 590 Shockwave. The first thing I wanted to do was replace the stock forend with a Magpul MOE or something similar. The goal is to attach a good rail mounted flashlight and/or laser. It would help with quick sighting. As generally at short ranges the center of the light is close to point of impact. Especially with an adjustable laser. (I would verify POI at various ranges)
But once I received the MOE forend I saw that I would need to remove 1 and 1/8 inch from the middle of the MOE forend. That is not ideal. Sure I could modify the new MOE forend, but I'm old and don't really feel like messing with hand crafting a forend to meet my needs. I just need a way to mount a light to a rail that can be activated from the forend.
I have a call I to Magpul asking for options.
But do you guys know of a way to mount a light to a Mossberg 590 Shockwave?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You're in OK too? IM me and I'll see about doing it for you if you're not too far. I did one for a SBS and it wasn't bad
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#3]
You might check with Henrys in Yukon. The build short barreled shotguns and do a good job. He might be able to do something for you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#4]
There was a thread here not too long ago where the guy described the process, if I remember right he used a hole saw and a dremel to "open up" one end to fit over the action tube.

All of us Oklahoman's must be interested in the Shockwave I guess!  I'm really looking forward to getting one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I seen a post where a guy attached a light to the top scope rail he attached. There are 2 Magpul for ends and the M-Lok version you can attach accessories, the MOE I believe you can't.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I seen a post where a guy attached a light to the top scope rail he attached. There are 2 Magpul for ends and the M-Lok version you can attach accessories, the MOE I believe you can't.
View Quote
You can attach stuff to the MOE but only MOE accessories, MOE was Magpul's precursor to M-lok. They used to have a whole line of hand guards and accessories but it's all been discontinued now I believe.

The M-lok forend is called M-lok MOE or something like that so most likely he has the new M-lok version anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top