Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2017 10:24:24 AM EDT
I'm planning on an order from SGAMMO.  What do you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Buckshot?  Bird shot?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#2]
For practice and 3 gun matches ( steel knock down targets) I buy the birdshot they sell at Walmart, usually the #7.5 shot. Since your using it in a 870, you can get the 1 oz. loads.
The price for birdshot at SGAMMO didn't seem that good, $7 a box,it's cheaper at Walmart.

For buckshot and slugs get the low recoil loads, buy several different brands and see what shoots best in your gun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buckshot?  Bird shot?
View Quote
Buckshot.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had good luck with all Federal buck loads, as well as Remington, Rio, S&B, and Fiocchi.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Seller & Bellot 12-pellet 00 buck is cheap and reliable. It patterns like a blunderbuss out of my Mossberg 500, but my old Model 12 held a much more uniform pattern with the same shells. It's definitely old-school technology, with its roll-crimp, no buffer material and pre-deformed pellets, and horsehair wadding material, that smells like burnt hair after shooting a bunch of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top