Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2017 10:47:25 PM EDT
Googled it and can't find anyone that offers reliability tuning services for this gun. Anyone know of any shops that offer this service? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
what are you trying to "tune"

my advice is if it shoots dont screw around with in.
My brand new out of the box 930 JM wouldnt run - its been at mossberg for repair for almost a month now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
OR3Gun sells parts for more reliability.

You can try asking on the 3gun nation board for recommendations on a smith.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the Brownells / Jerry Miculek hints on tuning the shell latch...and keep the gas piston clean - so clean that that its parts can rattle. That is the best advice I can give you.

A lot of shops stay away from the 930 due to the varying quality of the guns right out of the factory. Those that run generally run OK if kept clean, those that don't run well probably never will.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have hands on experience with a half dozen JM's. Every one that did have issues was corrected by adding the OR3GUN parts and polishing the shell latch.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#6]
What is yours specifically having issues with? There are a few simple things to check and some part upgrades as mentioned already. The shell stop usually needs a bit of polishing to run most cheap ammo with aluminum bases. The factory followers don't always get along with extension tubes (especially the Choate included on the SPX). Most of the items that lead to malfunctions are addressed with aftermarket parts.

The main things we see that cause problems with factory 930s are rough chambers, spring burrs and some machining marks that need knocked down on the bolt and slide (bolt carrier).
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have complete faith that you're capable of swapping parts and rubbing some sandpaper on the shell latch.

Jerry has a video on youtube about it
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have complete faith that you're capable of swapping parts and rubbing some sandpaper on the shell latch.

Jerry has a video on youtube about it
View Quote
Link?
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Jerry maintaining his 930
This video explains what to clean on a 930 by the man himself not sure if this is the one he is referring to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top