Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2017 1:42:37 AM EDT
Is it OK to run a quality 3 round mag extension on a 20" barrel without a bracket? I'm thinking a one piece type would be strongest.

I really hate those cheesy stamped brackets that never stay put .

Who makes good 1 piece 3 round extensions?  So far GG&G looks like the best as far as what I've found
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The Remington three round extension is grooved to capture the hanger bolt on their stamped hanger so it won't shift.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:45:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A three-round extension should be protected by the barrel on a 20" gun, so I wouldn't be especially concerned about it.  That being said, I have clamps on all of mine -- cheap insurance.
View Quote
Yeah, I got mixed up there for a minute and was thinking the 3 round extensions were 10+ inches but that's the 4 round extension. I blame the convoluted way they advertise them, calling a 3 round extension 8 rounds

The GG&G clamp isn't bad looking. I may just get the extension/clamp package. Its a bit salty though
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put a GG&G 3-round extension on a 20" 870. I bought the GG&G barrel/mag tube clamp also but it doesn't fit ... because my 870 is an 'older' model (from 1996). FYI the mag tube sticks out past the barrel by a minimal amount, less that .25". I think it'll be fine without the clamp.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just put a GG&G 3-round extension on a 20" 870. I bought the GG&G barrel/mag tube clamp also but it doesn't fit ... because my 870 is an 'older' model (from 1996). FYI the mag tube sticks out past the barrel by a minimal amount, less that .25". I think it'll be fine without the clamp.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the GG&G. There's looks very robust
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#6]
3 gunners spear chuck shotguns into barrels with extentions that are a foot past the muzzle without any issues, most don't use barrel clamps because of POI shift on slugs.

You'll be fine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top