BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your extractor theory would make some sense to me -- if the bolt face and chamber are both clean, and the shell is getting that close to being in the chamber, the extractor would appear to be a likely culprit.  Have you been able to check to see if the rim is wedging against the extractor as it jams?
View Quote
it definitely has some resistance on the rim of the shell, not sure if its enough to cause the jam.
we will see i suppose.

shotgun should be delivered to mossberg tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wow. I think it's more fanbois hating on the 930 than anything. My SPX is sitting next to me right now, and it hasn't failed yet (sitting at 1200 rounds, majority 00 buck 2-3/4"). Only thing I did was a detail cleaning when I bought it, and radiused the mag extention joint. After about a year, I put on a Mesa Tactical stock. Pattern is tight, and I clean it occasionally.

If you don't understand how to work the mag extension, buy the Nordic extension and eliminate the issue that way.
View Quote
Just curious, when did you buy yours?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Also, get rid of the factory follower, mine was junk.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also, get rid of the factory follower, mine was junk.
View Quote
it arrived at mossberg yesterday.

I emailed my contact about it today to let him know it arrived.
if it comes back running then I likely wont touch a thing on it other than maybe a new front sight
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Still yet to hear back that my gun was received or anything which from what ive read online is pretty much par for the course from mossberg CS and that communication is one part they are lacking.

When I sent my revolver back to S&W I got email's letting me know the repair status and when it was shipped back to me.

Anyone have any experience with turn around times from mossberg?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you do dump it and are still looking for something affordable, check out the Stoeger M3000. 
I don't think any other shotgun can even come close in its price range
View Quote
I bought my BIL one for $399 at Academy and regret not getting one for me.  It runs like a champ.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just curious, when did you buy yours?
View Quote
Sorry it's been a while, but Igot mine about four years ago, back when they were still 600 bucks for the SPX.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#8]
small update

After Mossberg has had my shotgun for a month now I called corporate HQ to see what the story was.
They had no update for me.

I asked for them to follow up and reach out to the eagle pass facility to get an update, at this point its costing me money due to registering for 3 gun matches earlier this year with non-refundable entry fee's.

I spoke with the product services coordinator and asked for a call back by the end of business hours today with an update.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#9]
well after getting ahold of management last week they expedited my repair and my gun got back to me last Friday.

They replaced the bolt and the lifter.
I dont want to jinx myself but this weekend it ran about 30 rounds of birdshot and 20 rounds of low recoil slugs without a problem.

It will take some range time for me to build confidence in it, but so far so good.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Are Mossberg semi-auto's really as bad as a lot of post in this thread indicate? I almost bought a 930 for my first shotgun a couple years ago. After nobody having them in stock I went with a pump action 500. I just wanted a 12 gauge in the house as I'm an AR and AK fanatic; have assembled quite a few in my time too. However, I find myself grabbing the Mossy more times than not for our little coyote problem. Honestly, it's never failed in any way... probably because it's a pump. Makes me hesitant to ever go semi-auto for any serious use.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 2:37:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Mossberg is shit.

Get a Beretta or Benelli for serious semi-auto reliability, particularly the former.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mossberg is shit.

Get a Beretta or Benelli for serious semi-auto reliability, particularly the former.
View Quote
Yeah, you get what you pay for in life; almost no free lunches to speak of! When I go semi-auto it'll be a Beretta or Benelli for sure. I was soured on Benelli after trying a friends for a skeet match. It was a semi auto and a pump model. Pushed a button on the fore end forward and it ran in semi-auto mode. Pushed it again and pulled it toward the stock an inch maybe and it ran as a pump. Pretty neat idea I must admit however I have no idea what model it was because this was in 1999. In either mode it wouldn't cycle bird shot. Ended up finishing the match with a pump 870 borrowed from my brother. Probably a fluke with the Benelli though because I've heard so many good things about them that I'll give them another chance for sure. I'm glad I've gotten back into the shotty's recently though due to the coyote dispatch need. They really are fun to shoot... both the Yotes and the Shotty's that is!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top