Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2017 1:05:47 PM EDT
What do you guys think of this?  I found this at my dealer $450. I believe it's one of 500?  Unlike a standard 870 Tactical, it has the 2 piece extension that allows swapping barrels. Also, the finish is Black Oxide, which is more rust resistant than the bead blast blue that comes on the standard 870. The rifle sights are a nice addition as well as the dark wood furniture.  I have on order from Remington a "Non MIM" Police extractor, as well as a longer Police magazine spring. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it and can't wait to give it a dance.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful. Looks like an 870 Police Magnum with sporting wood on it. I wouldn't mind if the stock on my 870P was checkered..
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Its beautiful
I need to buy a non-mim extractor
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beautiful. Looks like an 870 Police Magnum with sporting wood on it. I wouldn't mind if the stock on my 870P was checkered..
View Quote

As one that has owned a couple of wood stocked Police Magnums in the past, I must say that this one gives the Police model a run for it's money....at least cosmetically speaking.  If it shoots as well as it looks, I'll be very happy with it. BTW Remington currently has a $50 cash rebate going on for all 870s. So in reality I got this for $400. A lot of gun for the $$ IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a real problem as I have 4 870s now.
18" Barrel?
Modified choke?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder how that finish compares to the Police Mag's parkerized finish.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#7]
That thing is damn handsome
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:16:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder how that finish compares to the Police Mag's parkerized finish.
View Quote

Well, as I understand it, the black oxide finish on the Lew Horton is not as rust resistant as the park on the Police 870. However the Black Oxide finish is much better than the bead blast blue that comes on the standard Express and Tactical models. I will say this, that Black Oxide finish is the better looking of the three, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Is that Mozart or Led Zeppelin in the back ground.

Whatever, all music to my eyes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top