Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2017 9:00:08 PM EDT
I kinda want a pistol grip 870 Speedfeed with the extra shell storage, but it seems the entire world has dried up with them.

Anyone know who may have them in stock?  I might settle for a non-pistol grip version if I have to.  

Thanks,
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I've checked online and every place I've tried is telling me they were discontinued.  I just picked up a used one at my LGS a week or so ago for $20.  I have an extra stock without the round storage if you want it though.

ETA: Found this one in the EE.  Not sure if it has the storage or not.

EE add
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Scored a pistol grip speedfeed on ebay for $65.  Made shotgun great again!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't want to rain on your parade and I'm not sure if they ever updated the design, but we used to use the non-pistol grip version on our shotguns at work and they all eventually failed. There was nothing holding the springs in the shell holders but the rubber butt pad. It would eventually stretch out and create a gap between the stock and the butt pad exposing the spring. I supposed it wouldn't be impossible to fabricate a metal spacer to put between the stock and the butt pad and I never understood why that wasn't the original design.

Also, they require a lot of practice to not just become a spare shell launcher, especially on the firing hand of the stock.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't want to rain on your parade and I'm not sure if they ever updated the design, but we used to use the non-pistol grip version on our shotguns at work and they all eventually failed. There was nothing holding the springs in the shell holders but the rubber butt pad. It would eventually stretch out and create a gap between the stock and the butt pad exposing the spring. I supposed it wouldn't be impossible to fabricate a metal spacer to put between the stock and the butt pad and I never understood why that wasn't the original design.

Also, they require a lot of practice to not just become a spare shell launcher, especially on the firing hand of the stock.
View Quote

Maybe a thin piece of kydex between the stock and buttpad?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I would imagine something like that would even work. It would be well protected but the ones we had just needed something stiff there. They ended up getting rid of them anyway since with that, and the shell removal fumbling, they weren't really working out that well. They replaced them with pretty sweet ATI adjustable stocks. In fairness though, they have to fit a broad range of people and hold spare shells on the stock.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I am a sheet metal guy, so if that ever happens, I can remedy it in just a few minutes.  

My brother has one that is over 15 years old and has lived it's life in a hot AZ Crown Vicky trunk, so I am not deeply concerned.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top