Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2016 4:15:04 PM EDT
I have been looking at the new (out about 2 years) SRM semi-auto 12 gage that holds 16 rounds.  Looks like it would be killer for 3-gun matches if you carry a spare mag tube.  I have seen write ups on YouTube but was interested in real world experience from someone in this community.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks interesting but just not sure how it will hold up. If you get it keep us posted as it looks like a space gun to me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you ever shot 3-gun? That thing would suck. Manual indexing every 4 rounds, cannot top off magazine tube in the gun, looks slow as molasses to reload. Switching between shot and slugs would be a nightmare. An X-Rail would make a lot more sense.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you ever shot 3-gun? That thing would suck. Manual indexing every 4 rounds, cannot top off magazine tube in the gun, looks slow as molasses to reload. Switching between shot and slugs would be a nightmare. An X-Rail would make a lot more sense.
View Quote

I shoot 3-Gun every month, have for the past 10 years now.  Our local club ONLY shoots #7 shot, no slugs so there is no down side there.  Indexing the tubes looks to be quite fast (not sure who you saw running it) and all you have to do is carry one spare mag tube in a dump pouch for 16 rounds once your initial mag tube is dry.  The video of the guy I saw fired 16 rounds in 4.5 seconds and then just hit the button on the front to dump the tube and inserted another almost as fast as changing an  AR mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top