Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 5:07:33 PM EDT
So what's everyone using? I like the looks of the browning cases but they are a little spendy for me. I'm also intrested in a pelican style case I could take the gun down in. So let's here and see what ya got.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So what's everyone using? I like the looks of the browning cases but they are a little spendy for me. I'm also intrested in a pelican style case I could take the gun down in. So let's here and see what ya got.
View Quote

What are you going to use it for ?   I like to use a negrini case for transport to and from the range

You can usally find a clearance model on sale for a god price.  If not they are a little up there in price
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I looking forgeneral storage and travel. It looks that most of the cases are much more affordable on Amazon I found several of the browning and Negrini cases for less than $200. And a nice skb soft case for about $70.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of choices HERE
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Negrini 1654 series unless I'm traveling by air.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looking forgeneral storage and travel. It looks that most of the cases are much more affordable on Amazon I found several of the browning and Negrini cases for less than $200. And a nice skb soft case for about $70.
View Quote

I think the Negrini case is better then the browning but that's just my opinion.  If your doing any air travel then get a pelican
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Soft breakdown case if I'm shooting locally, Americase for any travel, especially air.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I use a NASCO case, it's similar to an Americase. Also have an old John Hall case but they are no longer made.

Boyt makes a nice canvas case for an o/u.  It would make a decent back and forth to the range case that could be packed in a pelican case for travel.

Boyt case

Red Oxx makes a nice canvas case also, but it's spendy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:00:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't travel with my shotguns. I just drive to the range.

I use soft cases. Letely, I've come to appreciate these canvas sleeve/slip type cases from Boyt:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/215587/boyt-shotgun-sleeve-case-canvas

For takedown cases, I like these (Cablela's and Midway both offer cheaper -- but good -- copies. Their cases aren't available in as many lengths, though):

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/944126492/boyt-takedown-shotgun-case-with-pocket-canvas

Here's another one that I have. It's cheap and offers good protection but it's kind of bulky:

https://www.amazon.com/SKB-Break-down-Shotgun-Soft-Case/dp/B003QYGUME

I also have a couple of the hard SKB cases (purchased used on ebay), one of the clone Browning cases and at least one real Browning case. I rarely use them, though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's another one that I have. It's cheap and offers good protection but it's kind of bulky:

View Quote

I got one of those for my Mossberg Silver Reserve II. Mainly so I can just grab my trap gun and go to the range. Keep my pouch in one of the front pockets, then all my other accessories and the gun fit in the main compartment.

If I could change anything, extendibility for the top cover supports. I'd like to lean the top out, so it doesn't want to come back towards me when the case is open.

But for the price, I can deal with it. If it really pisses me off, I'll cut them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got one of those for my Mossberg Silver Reserve II. Mainly so I can just grab my trap gun and go to the range. Keep my pouch in one of the front pockets, then all my other accessories and the gun fit in the main compartment.

If I could change anything, extendibility for the top cover supports. I'd like to lean the top out, so it doesn't want to come back towards me when the case is open.

But for the price, I can deal with it. If it really pisses me off, I'll cut them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for all the responses. I think this is the case I'm going to go with. I just spent $1600 on the gun today so trying to keep the cost down a little. I can always upgrade down the road if I'm not happy. I still can't believe browning only ships there gun in a cardboard box.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for all the responses. I think this is the case I'm going to go with. I just spent $1600 on the gun today so trying to keep the cost down a little. I can always upgrade down the road if I'm not happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for all the responses. I think this is the case I'm going to go with. I just spent $1600 on the gun today so trying to keep the cost down a little. I can always upgrade down the road if I'm not happy.

I like the case but it is bulky. Also, messing with a zipper all the time is a hassle. It does offer good protection.

Quoted:
I still can't believe browning only ships there gun in a cardboard box.

Really? If they included a nice case they'd have to raise the price of the gun. The higher price means they wouldn't sell as many guns. Plus, they then couldn't sell you a case.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I like the case but it is bulky. Also, messing with a zipper all the time is a hassle. It does offer good protection.

Really? If they included a nice case they'd have to raise the price of the gun. The higher price means they wouldn't sell as many guns. Plus, they then couldn't sell you a case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I still can't believe browning only ships there gun in a cardboard box.

I understand that it's to keep cost down. And I'm not meaning a $300 wool lined leather wrapped high end case. Just a plastic case similar to the Beretta and Benelli offerings. My nephew just won a ATI at a nra banquet that came with a better case. It has poor fit and finish but it'll protect it better than cardboard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top