Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2016 10:50:29 PM EDT
Stopped at the Owatonna, Minn Cabelas on the way home from a shoot, looked at the used racks on a whim. V prefix(IIRC 78-82) Magnum receiver with replacement light contour Remchoke barrel. Priced at $279, 10% off all used guns and $25 in Cabelas points for signing up for their card(total, $241.82 after discounts and tax). Balance will be paid off in a couple weeks so interest is not a concern. Shot it in a friend's backyard range-it works as well as expected.

On one hand I want to have it reblued, on the other hand it's all honest wear, no abuse, no rust. Good gun for those misty duck days so my truly nice Wingmaster(same SN prefix) doesn't get abused.
</a>" />

The nice one that I want to keep nice, with the .22 that I call a baby 870.Bought this one last year, .22 is a family heirloom bought new by my grandmother's uncle.
</a>" />
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks just like my grandpas. I saw him carry that thing many miles and pop many quail with it. Nice score at a good price, OP.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
You did well.  The barrel is worth almost what you paid for the gun
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Gorgeous.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Good Find
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You did well.  The barrel is worth almost what you paid for the gun
View Quote

I've only run into one other light contour barrel for sale anywhere-had a friend looking for a Remchoke barrel for my other Wingmaster, he saw light contour on the barrel(gunshow) and didn't know if it would fit a standard. Neither did the seller, and I was at work unable to answer my phone. Price on that barrel WAS what I paid for this gun so I'm happy.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#8]
nice find. Those older Remingtons are the only ones worth owning.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice find. Those older Remingtons are the only ones worth owning.
View Quote

I'm always on the lookout for one-but most of the Wingmasters I find for sale are beat to hell, pitted and still $400. I did pay $410 for the nice one in my OP, but considering condition I don't mind. It's barely broken in. This more worn one, the action feels like it's on ball bearings. Only thing that would have made it better would be if it was a 20 gauge from the same period. My only 20 is a NEF single shot I found for $54.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top