Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 8:30:25 AM EDT
I have had a thing for Coachguns lately but have been unimpressed by just about every new offering out there. Recently I saw a CZ CoachGun for sal. Looks great, basic model 1885 design but I know nothing about there performance and durability.

Anybody have experience with them.

NOTE: these are no longer being made for CZ by TTN.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have had a thing for Coachguns lately but have been unimpressed by just about every new offering out there. Recently I saw a CZ CoachGun for sal. Looks great, basic model 1885 design but I know nothing about there performance and durability.

View Quote
I believe it is made for CZ by Huglu in Turkey. Quality of their double guns is quite good, but not perfect. Their warranty service, however, is exemplary.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The Stoeger is actually pretty good
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have the 30" barrel version of this gun, the CZ Hammer Classic. When I got it the triggers were horribly heavy. I sent it into CZ-USA and they had it back in less than two weeks with lightened triggers. Pretty nice gun actually. I shoot skeet and sporting clays with it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my Stoeger Double Defense.  Fiber optic front sight, single trigger, lower picatinny rail (there is a upper for an optic).

Added a flashlight and buttcuff holder.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I already have two Stoegers. Good guns but I want something different. More along the Colt 1878 design.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top