Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2015 9:07:16 AM EDT
When I went to college many years ago one of my buddys had some 12 Ga rounds filled with Cut Shot.
Small squares of lead cut from roofing lead flashing.

During the depression his family was too poor to buy store bought shot and made their own by snipping up discarded roofing lead flashing.
My buddy didn't hunt with it but always carried some and claimed it was the best thing to use to rip apart a hornets nest.

Anyone ever use "Cut Shot "

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
My version involved cutting lead solder down into lengths that would fit shotgun wads.  Heavy gauge copper cable also interested me...

Paladin
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When I went to college many years ago one of my buddys had some 12 Ga rounds filled with Cut Shot.
Small squares of lead cut from roofing lead flashing.

During the depression his family was too poor to buy store bought shot and made their own by snipping up discarded roofing lead flashing.
My buddy didn't hunt with it but always carried some and claimed it was the best thing to use to rip apart a hornets nest.

Anyone ever use "Cut Shot "

View Quote

"Cut Shot" or "Cut Shell" usually refers to cutting a shotgun shell around its circumference........it would effectively turn a shell loaded with bird shot into a poor man's slug. See http://www.shtfblog.com/cut-shells-shotgun-how-to-make-survival-hunting/
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I read about this in the Backwoodsman Magazine and have been thinking about it. Just haven't done it yet.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:44:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Cut shot and cut shell are two different things.
Cut shell is used to make a "Slug" where the round shot is bound together with wax.
Cut shot is just that. it is shot cut from lead sheet and used in place of normal round shot.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Everything old is new again

Well...kinda
View Quote
That shit will turn a duck inside out.  IDK if it's worth the money, but it works like a champ.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds similar to the Sicilian "Lupara" shotgun setup.

Thinking it would be more lethal, the Mafia would file large buckshot into pyramids then stack them in the shell.
They'd pour garlic on the shot.
They believed the triangular shot would do more damage and if it failed the garlic would cause blood poisoning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top