Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2015 6:37:54 PM EDT
Don't hate on the StreamlightProTac 1L, I get them for an unbelievable price. I'm just throwing together a cheap 870 in my boat that will eventually get destroyed. I want to mount the light at 9 o'clock and not off set and am fairly certain that a M-Lok mount doesn’t exist. I'm looking for affordability. Looks like I’ll buy a rail section. Any suggestions on mounts that are good and affordable?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a short rail section, a g2 surefire and a 1 inch weaver ring. Holds solid
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:45:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that the diameter is closer to .750 so the ring would probably be too loose.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think that the diameter is closer to .750 so the ring would probably be too loose.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrap it with tape
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#4]
if $25 is affordable, a Viking Tactics light mount fits a ProTac 1L, but is offset

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
if $25 is affordable, a Viking Tactics light mount fits a ProTac 1L, but is offset

<a href="http://s825.photobucket.com/user/LesSnyder/media/001_zpsvpjhyqo5.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/001_zpsvpjhyqo5.jpg</a>
View Quote

Quick question, have you shot that with that mount in place like that?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#6]
no Sir... a Solarforce L2M with XM L2 U2 module typically are mounted... which I have shot, but only a magazine or so... my game gun is a Benelli.. my ProTac is an orphan, and may well be promoted to the job ... I honestly don't shoot the 870 as much as I should

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
no Sir... a Solarforce L2M with XM L2 U2 module typically are mounted... which I have shot, but only a magazine or so... my game gun is a Benelli.. my ProTac is an orphan, and may well be promoted to the job ... I honestly don't shoot the 870 as much as I should

<a href="http://s825.photobucket.com/user/LesSnyder/media/DSC00548_zps446eda6e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/DSC00548_zps446eda6e.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks like it is mounted on the pump correct?

Looks like you plan on actuating the light with you thumb on your pump hand?

Please go shoot this set up with your intended purpose and report back.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I mounted a short section of rail to the old Choate fore end after a bicycle accident injury to my shoulder caused some problems that have since remedied ... the weight of the loaded magazine tube to which the original light mount was more than I could lift.......I've tried several light options, and the offset mount allows me more hand room on the fore end... I like the balance of the shot gun without the extended magazine tube

thanks to Surefire for supporting 3 gun... the Scout Light is from the prize table at Ft Benning

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top