https://youtu.be/Qgb7Y7xaF9I
not mine but found it at least they are coming
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  https://youtu.be/Qgb7Y7xaF9I
View Quote
A Non-NFA 14” Shotgun? The Mossberg Shockwave 12 Ga. – Full Review.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:01:52 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  https://youtu.be/Qgb7Y7xaF9I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgb7Y7xaF9I
I'd heard Jon had a new project a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Does it come with the sling?
View Quote
Nah. It's just something I had laying around.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked one up today for $350. Rural King of all places. Counter guy said it arrived yesterday and while I was doing the paperwork another customer saw it and wanted to buy one. Unfortunately the store only received one.

Took it to the range and put 30 rounds of Winchester super-x 00 buck through it. Recoil is manageable, but I had difficulty hitting anything over 20 feet away. I have never owned a pistol gripped shotgun before this one and have no idea how to aim it from the waist. The manual said not to hold it up to your face to aim . Still had a blast with it. I mainly bought this as a range toy so I am happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the part of the Navy shotgun qualification that is from the hip is only from 3 yards.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I walked into my local rural king today and bought the one they had just set on the shelf this morning for $350 too.

Looks like mossberg stuck to their word when they said these wor gonna be available in march. Always seems like cool stuff from the shotshow takes forever to materialize if ever.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#9]
A lot of shot show guns and gear is completely new and yet to get into full production. Mossberg was setup already with all parts to start making these. So They were in a nice spot to pump these out. It is rare that is true on some new products from shot, but it's nice to see Mossberg is pumping these out. I'm curious how long before someone attaches a brace to one lol.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I picked one up today for $350. Rural King of all places. Counter guy said it arrived yesterday and while I was doing the paperwork another customer saw it and wanted to buy one. Unfortunately the store only received one.

Took it to the range and put 30 rounds of Winchester super-x 00 buck through it. Recoil is manageable, but I had difficulty hitting anything over 20 feet away. I have never owned a pistol gripped shotgun before this one and have no idea how to aim it from the waist. The manual said not to hold it up to your face to aim . Still had a blast with it. I mainly bought this as a range toy so I am happy with it.
View Quote
You shoot the PG stocked Mossy using the push pull method with the grip at the same length away from eye level as it would be if it had a stock.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Check the rural Kings I saw this thread today my brother and I both scored one for $350
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Tried rural king, sold out. Anyone have a lead on any?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tried rural king, sold out. Anyone have a lead on any?
View Quote
I would put in an order with your LGS and just look around to see if you find one before your order comes in
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Great idea. Waiting to hear back from my lgs.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You shoot the PG stocked Mossy using the push pull method with the grip at the same length away from eye level as it would be if it had a stock.
View Quote
Since it's a Mossberg product, it's already drilled and tapped for a rail mount - so you can put a red dot on top. The PGO really benefits a lot from that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Just picked mine up today.  Took it to the range for a test drive.  Started out with a box of Federal Heavy Game Loads to warm up.  Moved on to some Winchester "Military" Buckshot, and then some Winchester Low Recoil Buckshot.  Recoil was stout, but manageable. Sort of like firing a 44 mag revolver, lively but fun!  I found that aiming from the hip was ok for shooting ground targets at 25 feet, but raising the gun up to just above my ribs gave me the best hand-eye coordinated hits on the silhouette targets. I didn't really check for patterning, but I will next outing.  

Definitely a fun range toy! The recoil causes your support hand to slide forward enough that the canvas loop comes in handy.  Muzzle flip is pretty low as the gun recoils mainly straight back.  The birdshead grip reduces felt recoil considerably over a standard pistol grip style.

The gun has a thick walled heavy barrel, and a thick parkerized finish.  I also received my Opsol mini clip today from Amazon.  Next outing I will try some Mini Shells through it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#17]
They dropped the ball on no rear sling attachment!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Very easy to add a rear receiver sling attachment or to add a stud to the birds head. No need for mossy to add more cost to an already elegant setup they had everything already to make.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep, if you can operate a battery drill, you can install a swivel stud for around $5 wherever you choose.  They included the front stud, which would be more expensive to set up.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Would the old school Knoxx grips take to 26" since it goes so far back?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I was able to handle a Shockwave at an lgs. Such a nice, compact design!
The guy behind the counter had it hanging on the wall. It was his own personal gun. He put a swivel mount on the end of the handgrip, then added a sling. I can see this being a good gun to take in the woods, definitely a trunk gun.
He said they got in 6, but they sold out immediately. They were charging $399.
It looks like this could be my next gun purchase.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Mossberg hit the homerun with this gun. They may sell out!  

Now my hope for SHOT Show 2018...
A Mossberg Shockwave Mariner!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#23]
We need a mariner model and a 20 gauge model shockwave. Or how about a pgo double barrel 14 inch in 12 or 20 gauge. However unlikely still be cool.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:59:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We need a mariner model and a 20 gauge model shockwave. Or how about a pgo double barrel 14 inch in 12 or 20 gauge. However unlikely still be cool.
View Quote
A 20ga model would be nice, less recoil than 12ga, Might be shootable with slugs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#25]
the current model shoots fine with slugs.

Quoted:

A 20ga model would be nice, less recoil than 12ga, Might be shootable with slugs.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
the current model shoots fine with slugs.
View Quote
My wrists don't think so.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Slugs can be shot in the current 12 gauge model yes true. I would still rather have another option like a 20 gauge. I don't care about slugs in particular. I am thinking even lighter weapon and yet still considerable performance in ammo selections from bird shot to buckshot and for some slugs. I know all can be done in the 12 gauge. I still think a 20 would be fun to.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#28]
20 ga PGs are handy and fun.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I am glad this finally came out. Maybe one day when i am all set financially i will pick one up.  I just wish they still made the 590a1 14". I never wanted one to make a PGO, i wanted one as a SBS platform.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Clint from Thunder Ranch just did a Great video on the Shockwave !!! Pattern testing and a nice informative video !!
https://youtu.be/fM_sqSTg2v8
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Made it hot
shockwave video
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:  Clint from Thunder Ranch just did a Great video on the Shockwave !!! Pattern testing and a nice informative video !!
View Quote
MOSSBERG SHOCKWAVE OVERVIEW
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks backbencher I keep forgetting we can embed video here. I will try to remember it next time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Clint from Thunder Ranch just did a Great video on the Shockwave !!! Pattern testing and a nice informative video !!
View Quote
That's a great video. Thanks and thanks to the guys that embedded. It is interesting that he had no problem getting hits at distance compared to Ian and company at forgotten weapons.

I wonder how he's gonna sling that up...
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Would the old school Knoxx grips take to 26" since it goes so far back?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222364/41ZZ3W0fcOL-173245.JPG
View Quote
No, it is not long enough.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Just picked mine up today. I ordered it during shot show when they were released. Where can I get the mini shells?  I saw some place in Texas listed in another thread but can't remember the name
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Mini slugs
mini buck
I have not bought this from any listed I just searched and found them with google I like the idea I doubt I spend the money on the mini shells though unless I see them locally then maybe.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#38]
well they do sell the 14in front end kit.. the cheapest that I have found was $210 shipped. just gotta search for it buds cheaper than dirt and a few others sell the kit. I got mine from exilemachine and they were the cheapest even included shipping too....

Quoted:
I am glad this finally came out. Maybe one day when i am all set financially i will pick one up.  I just wish they still made the 590a1 14". I never wanted one to make a PGO, i wanted one as a SBS platform.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:56:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Gallery of Guns has a listing for a marinecote version.  I will see about getting that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Who had the pic of one of these 14'inch non nfa SG's with a heat shield on it? It looked badass......

Anyone?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Gallery of Guns has a listing for a marinecote version.  I will see about getting that.
View Quote
DAMN !!!!! My LGS said my shockwave should be in early April and now the marinecote version is coming out !!! Looks like it is 25 bucks more on the MSRP, need to lock up the CC !!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Got mine today and got to shoot it a few times. No real chore keeping reduced recoil slugs on a silhouette at 15 and 25 yards.
Recoil is really no problem.
I ordered the mini shell adapter
Need a side saddle next and wajt to add a flashlight forend or a flashlight to the front end.
Anybody got any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Just load a flare as the last in the mag.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#45]
didn't work
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Yeah, you might edit that.  You just posted your personal email addy to the whole internet.  Spam city incoming.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Picked mine up last week, just added a Mesa Tactical side saddle tonight.  As far as adding a light, you may want to look at the Magpul M-lok forend and add the light via the picatinny rail segments.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2017 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Picked mine up last week, just added a Mesa Tactical side saddle tonight.  As far as adding a light, you may want to look at the Magpul M-lok fore end and add the light via the picatinny rail segments.  

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff359/quietm4/IMG_0372_zps8vc2drqz.jpg
View Quote
I was thinking the magpul fore end for the light but want the strap for safety. Looking at the XS Big Dot, a shotgun card with Velcro and some sling option  
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:48:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Can a picatinny rail be mounted on the sight rail? I imagine an upside-down TLR-1 HL would work great there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Picked mine up last week, just added a Mesa Tactical side saddle tonight.  As far as adding a light, you may want to look at the Magpul M-lok fore end and add the light via the picatinny rail segments.  

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff359/quietm4/IMG_0372_zps8vc2drqz.jpg
View Quote
Is that a 19" scabbard? Does it fit even with the side saddle?
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top