Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
in the link above i could not find a definition of a shotgun.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm

(10)  "Short-barrel firearm" means a rifle with a barrel length of less than 16 inches or a shotgun with a barrel length of less than 18 inches, or any weapon made from a shotgun or rifle if, as altered, it has an overall length of less than 26 inches.

seems to be a bit fuzzy in definition.
View Quote

That's the language in the law that's kept me from contemplating building one.  Federal law defines shotgun as something w/ a stock.  Texas law does not - what we get for half-ass incorporating the NFA in our state code.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:  The part in bold "If, as altered"... the PGO Shockwave firearm, at least factory-fresh from Mossberg was never "altered" it was originally built that way and does not have an overall length of less than 26 inches. And they are all "OR" statements, not AND statements. "ANDs" are required, all ANDs must be true, not one of many choices. "ORs" are separate individual circumstances.
View Quote

I'll let Mossberg's lawyers make the decision for me.  If they sell it here, then I'll buy one or build one; if they don't, I'll put it on my list to write my legislators about - but it'll be pretty far down the list.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought one of these...

and one of these...

and turned one of these...

into one of these...

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I did to, but I'm glad Mossberg is making them now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Now I feel safe showing I have mine.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
So what cases are you all using for yours not sheaths. I'm looking for hard cases Mine sits in a full size case at moment. Also anyone shoot one with a dragon breath round/phosphorous round?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
For those thinking about adding a sling:

Do not use the mounts that attach between the receiver and the Raptor grip.  Your hand will eventually make contact with the sling mount when you shoot it.

Ask me how I know........
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
For those thinking about adding a sling:

Do not use the mounts that attach between the receiver and the Raptor grip.  Your hand will eventually make contact with the sling mount when you shoot it.

Ask me how I know........
View Quote

There needs to be a sling point at the rear of the grip. That plus a bungee single point would help stabilize the gun while firing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stupid Oklahoma laws, I was going to buy one as an easy SBS but noooooo, they're illegal in OK.
View Quote

Crap! They are? I was getting pumped up to buy one, never even thought it would be illegal at state level! 

I'll have to go read up on our laws I guess, maybe, as others above have said, we'll be good to go since its not a "shotgun" and just a "firearm" in a factory configuration.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Crap! They are? I was getting pumped up to buy one, never even thought it would be illegal at state level! 

I'll have to go read up on our laws I guess, maybe, as others above have said, we'll be good to go since its not a "shotgun" and just a "firearm" in a factory configuration.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid Oklahoma laws, I was going to buy one as an easy SBS but noooooo, they're illegal in OK.

"It is illegal to possess a sawed-off shotgun (barrel less than 18 inches) or a sawed-off rifle (barrel less than 16 inches or total length less than 26 inches). Possessing a sawed-off weapon in a felony punishable by a maximum of 2 years in prison."

"A. “Sawed-off shotgun” shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length, and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion."

Oklahoma law has its own definition for shotgun, one that would also include stuff like a Judge or Governor revolver. Either way it's a felony in OK unlesss it's on a stamped Form 1/4 etc. as per TITLE 21 § 1289.18
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#13]
its going to be interesting if they will sell them in states where they appear to be illegal by the letter of the law.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Never bothered before now, but I guess I better find out how the state of Florida views this subject.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#15]
True local jurisdiction as well can make it a felony. So Federal law, state law, city laws must be checked to be truly safe( if you live in a city corporation limit).
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone foresee any issue with making the shockwave grip from an old wood stock to the same dimensions. I've got an extra wood stock and forearm that would look slick on one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
True local jurisdiction as well can make it a felony. So Federal law, state law, city laws must be checked to be truly safe( if you live in a city corporation limit).
View Quote

In Florida, state firearms law trumps city/county/municipal laws. Its to prevent local AWB's and other such measures from popping up in the liberal enclaves.

I'm just not sure how Florida views these guns on a state level.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does anyone foresee any issue with making the shockwave grip from an old wood stock to the same dimensions. I've got an extra wood stock and forearm that would look slick on one.
View Quote

I don't see an issue if your using a Shockwave 590.  If you mean cut down and add to a previously stock shotgun then that would be making a unregistered/undocumented AOW/SBS.

CD
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Do we have a list of states it is OK to own one of these?  Is Georgia good to go?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
its going to be interesting if they will sell them in states where they appear to be illegal by the letter of the law.
View Quote

I'm not sure how enforceable that would be in some states though. According to Oklahoma law as I read it the .410 revolvers are illegal and the .410 Contender is illegal as well. I haven't seen them enforcing that so when do you get to decide to enforce a law on one item and ignore a whole host of other items violating the exact same law?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm not sure how enforceable that would be in some states though. According to Oklahoma law as I read it the .410 revolvers are illegal and the .410 Contender is illegal as well. I haven't seen them enforcing that so when do you get to decide to enforce a law on one item and ignore a whole host of other items violating the exact same law?
View Quote

They might be hiding behind the .45 LC chambering.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK says any firearm "capable of discharging a series of projectiles" is a shotgun. The way I read it a 22 pistol with ratshot becomes a sawed off shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

OK says any firearm "capable of discharging a series of projectiles" is a shotgun. The way I read it a 22 pistol with ratshot becomes a sawed off shotgun.
View Quote

You're forgetting one has the rifled barrel and the other is a smooth bore.

CD
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

CD
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CD

State law says nothing about rifling.

ETA: There is language about what a firearm is "primarily designed" to do, you would have to make the case that shotshells are an afterthought in regards to firearms like the Judge instead of that being what it was primarily designed for. That would cover things like 22 ratshot, I did forget about that.

It's a poorly written law.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There needs to be a sling point at the rear of the grip. That plus a bungee single point would help stabilize the gun while firing.
View Quote

You are absolutely right.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oklahoma law has its own definition for shotgun, one that would also include stuff like a Judge or Governor revolver. Either way it's a felony in OK unlesss it's on a stamped Form 1/4 etc. as per TITLE 21 § 1289.18
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"It is illegal to possess a sawed-off shotgun (barrel less than 18 inches) or a sawed-off rifle (barrel less than 16 inches or total length less than 26 inches). Possessing a sawed-off weapon in a felony punishable by a maximum of 2 years in prison."

"A. “Sawed-off shotgun” shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length, and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion."

Dang 
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So what cases are you all using for yours not sheaths. I'm looking for hard cases Mine sits in a full size case at moment. Also anyone shoot one with a dragon breath round/phosphorous round?
View Quote

I got this for mine. Perfect fit fit the shockwave plus my AK pistol and my cz p-01

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campId=5337559805&toolId=10001&customId=izyi547dvh00zk8a00004&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FVISM-NcSTAR-Range-Padded-Carry-Bag-Discreet-Padded-Carbine-Rifle-Gun-Case-Tan-%2F132000752543
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Talked to Mossberg today, they say these will not ship until June.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#29]
i picked up one today. paid 469.00 but i am impatient.

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#30]
got mine! It's awesome!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are already being stocked and sold in many shops and online whoever you spoke with is misinformed. Now if I can figure out how to mount a bayonet on mine
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They are already being stocked and sold in many shops and online whoever you spoke with is misinformed. Now if I can figure out how to mount a bayonet on mine
View Quote

Really? I have a rep at Acusport waiting to get one to send me, Just waiting for him to say one arrived.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

The following post contradicts ur statement
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The following post contradicts ur statement
View Quote

Well obviously Mossberg needs to train their people better to know when things are actually shipping.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Yup, one just hit my local shop. Guy showed it for sale on Facebook. Sold for $399 in about 5 minutes
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#36]
It's hard to tell on the misinformation at times. I just know I believe what I can see and hold. I'm very pleased they are shipping and being stocked already. These will sell fast so unless you preorder or buy it online good luck on getting one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#37]
First in line at my LGS and patiently waiting !!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Every site listed on slickguns is out of stock. :(
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Yep unless you preorder you'll be waiting a bit. I talked with a buddy who works at local ffl and they have 6 on order and have yet to receive even one yet. So maybe demand will get Mossberg to think and maybe make these in 20 gauge I think that would so sweet. I think a 20 gauge shock wave  would be easier to shoot and just sweet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:  They are already being stocked and sold in many shops and online whoever you spoke with is misinformed. Now if I can figure out how to mount a bayonet on mine
View Quote

Given how far forward the pump goes, think you'd have to mount the bayonet lugs sideways on the bbl.

As someone who's fired both 12 & 20 ga buck from the hip, a 20 ga in this would be sweet.  Preferably w/ choke tubes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Needs porting.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Chokes can be added easy same with porting by a decent shotgun barrel smith. There is a guy on shotgun world that does the choke work. You can choose the type of choke threads you prefer to. I would love this setup on a 20 gauge.
Heck if I can just buy a 20 gauge pgo I'll cut the barrel or have it cut and choked and bead sight added.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got this for mine. Perfect fit fit the shockwave plus my AK pistol and my cz p-01

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&&campId=5337559805&customId=j01q2nzzko00zk8a00e15;campId=5337559805&toolId=10001&customId=izyi547dvh00zk8a00004&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FVISM-NcSTAR-Range-Padded-Carry-Bag-Discreet-Padded-Carbine-Rifle-Gun-Case-Tan-%2F132000752543

I use a tennis racket case that I bought at Target. Fits just fine.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#44]
What sling options you guys using???
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What sling options you guys using???
View Quote

I just wrapped the grip with paracord and use a cheap single point clip on sling. picture is above. You could easily put a sling stud on the grip as well if you look at the front of my mag cap I have a sling stud installed in my cap. I just need to install my stud into my grip.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#46]
How much are these Aguila Minishells going for in your area ? Just seen some at one of my LGS's for 20 bucks a box, 20 rds come in a box.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I saw a "Black Aces" 12 ga firearm today @ a Texas gun store.  On consignment - so someone thinks they're legal in Texas.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Saw a Mossberg for sale today at the FW gunshow - so Mossberg is shipping them to Texas.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#49]
My new breaching tool came today. New Mossberg 590 Shockwave. 14 inch barrel, Non-NFA FTW.

Paid $419. This thing is so tiny! (That's what she said! )

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My new breaching tool came today. New Mossberg 590 Shockwave. 14 inch barrel, Non-NFA FTW.

Paid $419. This thing is so tiny! (That's what she said! )

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241023/IMG-20170317-194200-023-168226.JPG
View Quote
Does it come with the sling?
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top