Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2015 11:23:55 PM EDT
I have a benelli m4 with the standard pistol stock, and originally intended on running an xps2 on it, but couldn't get used to the chin weld i would have needed to run it. I came across the scalarworks BOR/RMR and figured i would give it a shot. It is definitely a good bit lighter than the stock unit, as it is lightened, uses the OEM screws, and places an RMR as low as possible. The mount is very nicely machined and feels quality. It has two raised round nobs on the front of the mount area that fit into the bottom of the rmr housing. That coupled with the screws used to mount the rmr should probably help with keeping the rmr close to zeroed when changing the battery. Using the regular pistol grip stock,  the rmr is right where i want it when i bring the gun up. Snapped a couple of quick pics, will update with a range report and more pics this weekend.

Pics:

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:00:55 AM EDT
[#1]
What an Aimpoint allow for a cheek weld?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Not exactly sure what you are asking, but this rail  is specific for the rmr. I believe they are planning to do it for the aimpoint as well. I like the rmr better personally.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
i meant in comparison to the eotech.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Seeing as the rmr is recessed i to the rail and even that has a lower 1/3 cowitness i don't believe i would find the aimpoint useable personally. Others have used the c stock with success for the larger optics.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a good solution. I'm sure it's much lower than a RMR plus mount on top of the factory rail. I'm interested in your opinion of it after some range time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Very cool OP. Thanks for sharing. I'm in for your review.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#7]
After weekend update:

I took the M4 out and zeroed slugs at 25 yards with the RMR, it was pretty easy as I had tried to match the irons and just had to adjust the dot up slightly. I ran about 250 rounds on Paper Silhouettes on two three gun stages and a few rounds of Skeet for kicks. I tried both the Pistol grip stock, and later the Field stock, as I was switching to the field stock. Both have the same cheek weld, so both work with the dot perfectly. For me at least it lines the sight up right where it needs to be when i bring it up to my shoulder, and i found it faster on the paper targets. My hit rate went up slightly in Skeet, as i found it easier to use the dot to track the clays than irons. There were no hiccups of any kind with the mount or sight. I am using the adjustable LED RM06 with the smaller dot, as I prefer it to the larger dot. All in all i couldn't be more pleased with the setup. I will get some more detailed pics up later this evening once I get back home as i forgot my phone when i ran to the range
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the update. I would like to see the additional photos. This mount and a RMR seem like a very good combo for a red dot optic on the M4.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Just snapped these. Some more details of the whole thing, and how the dot lines up. Sorry for the crappy sight pic.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I have seriously been looking at one of these setups for a while now, and with tax money and the trijicon deal.. its almost too good to pass up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#11]
will this work on a M2?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Dug up an old thread on here from 2007 that seems to say the m2 will take an m4 rail, only difference is 4 screws on m2 vs 5 screws on m4. I am not an expert on that though so you may want to reach out to scalarworks directly and ask them. I really like this for the m4, i say go and blow some tax bucks!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the review and pictures. I'll be ordering one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Guys this setup is absolutely cherry. I had my first field use this last Saturday night hunting hogs over a feeder with red led feeder light. I had previously tried Eotech and Aimpoint and they were just way too high. I tried irons at night and that was a no-go as well. With this setup it was super easy to acquire targets and the cheek weld was comfortable.

I killed 4 pigs Saturday night using segmented slugs and buckshot chasers. I love it and there is no way this is coming off of my M4.

Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have seriously been looking at one of these setups for a while now, and with tax money and the trijicon deal.. its almost too good to pass up.
View Quote

What's the Trijicon deal?

And while this looks great, does the red dot really help that much when you've already got an absolute cowitness?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#16]
These Scalarworks rails are top shelf. I have three m4's with Aimpoint T1's on low mounts. I began a build for a friend in Australia on an H2O. We elected to go with the RMR setup instead. It's far better than the Aimpoints and lighter. On the build I'm doing, the Scalarworks rail is off at Robar along with the collapsible stock, trigger group, tti shell elevator, tti oversized safety, AVA tactical light mount, carriercomp follower, GG&G bolt release and some various small trigger pack and stock parts.  Even the assembled Surefire Outdoorsman body and the 500 lumen head are being Cerakoted to match the np3 finish.

This setup is going to be used for busting hogs and roos. Can't wait to see the pile of dead pigs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top