Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2014 3:48:46 PM EDT
Just about to start the form 4 process on one of these at my dealer. I had considered a serbu but these were available to order and seemed to have some advantages over serbu design. Anybody have one with good or bad feedback?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Starting form 4 on it today, guess Im alone on this one. Will post some range time when I can get hands on at my dealers.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello AKDoc,

I've had my Remington 870 KEG 12 for a few weeks.  I thought I wanted a Serbu, but had trouble finding one. The KEG 12 may be even better though -- I doubt you'll be disappointed with it.  I don't know which is more enjoyable -- shooting it, or getting to show it off to family members and select friends.

After using the gun with the factory grip, I switched it out for the Hogue Tamer....better ergonomics and less felt recoil.  I've used a variety of ammo so far, ranging from bird shot to buck shot.  The gun is old school reliable with anything I've put through it.  For pure fun, try Winchester's Low Recoil Low Noise Target Load.  It's so mild, you can shoot boxes of it in one range session.

My gun is the 3 shot version with the 7.25" barrel -- 18" OAL.  I found it just fits in the XXL scoped pistol case from AMS -- kinda fun to see a 12 gauge shotgun emerge from a zippered pistol rug.  Also, Bore-Stores has a silicon treated gun storage product that's a nice fit for it -- their STC-2, which is 6"x23".  It's actually designed for a scoped Thompson Contender, but the entire KEG 12 fits in it with a few inches to spare, including the pistol grip.

I hope you enjoy your KEG 12....they're a hoot to shoot!
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it true that the barrel cannot be removed for cleaning, etc.?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I would like a serbu.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Hello Tigerbay,

Though I have not yet removed the bbl. of my Keg 12, it appears to be very easy to do from a video I saw.  It's just as simple as unscrewing the knurled end cap, and pulling the barrel free from the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Hello AKDoc,

Any update on the arrival of your Keg 12?  My approval ended up taking 5 months from the date my $5 check was cashed.  Hang in there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top