Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 2:37:03 PM EDT
I noticed some of the tactical versions have the ghost ring and pic rail, mine does not. Who sells this set up so I can add to mine?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Adding a Red Dot to an 870????   really.......learn to point......save the cash......
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are firm on your decision to put a red dot and ghost things there is several ways to go about doing it. You can attach a rail to the top of your reciever and then just by a rd and a set of ghost rings. Mesa tactical also sells a sidesaddle with a rail that sits over your receiver. You're going to have install a front site for the ghost rings and the rings themselves aren't going to be cheap. Unless you really know you want a red dot and rings I'd just stay with a bead.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not add a red dot?

Beads are great for pointing, but suck for putting slugs on target at distance.

Ghost ring/rifle sights are great at putting slugs on target at distance, but suck for pointing.

Red dots are great for putting slugs on target at distance and great for pointing.

What's not to like??
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a no gunsmithing method:

If you have a wingmaster there is a pict rail that screws on the rib, the express rib is too coarse to fit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Adding a Red Dot to an 870????   really.......learn to point......save the cash......
View Quote

I can point an 870 just fine Shooting 870

But if adding a red dot is like cheating, then I want to see how much better cheating is
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top