Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 5:42:24 AM EDT
I am having problems with shells getting stuck in my magazine tube. Right here the tube meets the receiver is where the shells are getting caught up. I would need to push the shell in and quickly release sometimes for it to meet the shell stopper.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#1]
1) Check your spring for proper tension. Replace or at least stretch it out periodically.
2) Check to see if the follower is binding or has a burr
3) Clean the tube, spring and follower and re-assemble without extra lube. Lube in the mag tube tends to attract grit that can cause issues.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Is something clogging up the shell stopper?

edit: I don't know how to read.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:07:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you using new ammunition? Storing a shotgun loaded to maximum capacity can can cause shells to bulge from the compression over time...
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#4]
OP did you get it fixed?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#5]
It is not recommended to "stretch out" springs to increase their lifespan or get more force out of them.  Stretching the spring will shorten their lifespan even more as you're "working" the metal.

Mag tube spring are super cheap, buy a new one and get a spare or 2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top